Tua: "Loss humbling and much needed by some"...is he talking to Hill?

Alphadawg7

8 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

As Bills fans we shouldn't get too excited. 

All we did was hold serve.

The real test will be when the Bills play miami in miami

It would have been a big hole to climb out from to be 2 back of the Dolphins and a home loss. The stakes were huge for the Bills and they played about as well as you can play. It's just not correct to reduce it to "well, they held serve." And when they do play in Miami, it's not going to be the blazing heat advantage to the Dolphins that it would be early in the season.

Edited by Dr. Who
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But he just did.  And he did so in a way to not publicly name any specific player to the media, but he literally just specifically referenced it was certain players rather than saying the whole team needed this humbling.  

And if he was thinking it let alone saying it publicly…..he must legitimately have a problem with how guys (I’ll guess he’s not referring to Achane or Mostart) are preparing.  

Hill is a garbage human.  

Edited by Big Blitz

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Maybe Hill wants off team and is stirring trouble to get himself traded.

I like Tua, and I have loathed the Dolphins over 50 years.  But Tua is a good dude.  So likeable, I can’t hate him, even though he is a Dolphin.  ***** every other Miami Dolphin!  FU Griese!  FU Cox!  FU Tyreek!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its pretty clear that Tua is talking specifically about some people on the team here.  He didn't say it was the team that needed it, but some people on the team.  Personally, I don't think this is getting talked about enough.  If Josh Allen had said this, there would be non stop coverage about a rift between him and Diggs again.  

So who is he talking to or about...well, my personal theory is that I think at least one of those people might be Tyreek Hill:

1. This week Hill was boasting about not studying any film, literally playing Madden the night before games is all the research he does to check their Madden ratings on awareness, speed, strength, etc to get a feel for the player.  
  2. During the Broncos blow out, after Hill scored a TD off a catch and run, the TV cameras caught Tua telling Hill he ran the wrong route with Hill responding back who cares, we got the TD.  

Hill has been very vocal about his own personal stats, his goals of 2000 yards, all offseason.  You don't hear much from him in terms of team goals, he is very self absorbed and really feels himself.  According to Hill himself, he isn't putting the preparation in week to week watching film despite teams preparing to slow him down every week.  Tua already called him out for not running the proper route last week in which he blew off since he still ran for the score.  

Just feels like if that message was to be sent to anyone, Hill is probably one of the guys that needs to hear it.  

Im sure the clowns with the emoticon shirts were on his mind too that gave Josh and the team bulletin board material.  

Somewhat related to your post, I thought I read somewhere that Hill was talking about his ambitions working in adult films. This dude might be going the route of Antonio Brown. 

• Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I think Tua is speaking in general or based on what he knows from others speaking to him on the team. He doesn't strike me as a call his team out kind of guy. If it wasn't Tua I really hate that I'm a giving a dolphin the benefit of the doubt. He really does seem like a great person

But he did just call some people out, just not by name.  And that doesn't make him a bad person, that makes him a leader.  I don't get why some of you have said you don't think he would call anyone out because he is a nice or great person.  Holding people accountable is what a leader is supposed to do, and he is doing it without dragging anyones name in the mud by leaving it more generalized than naming anyone.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But he did just call some people out, just not by name.  And that doesn't make him a bad person, that makes him a leader.  I don't get why some of you have said you don't think he would call anyone out because he is a nice or great person.  Holding people accountable is what a leader is supposed to do, and he is doing it without dragging anyones name in the mud by leaving it more generalized than naming anyone.  

Here we go. You're right holding people accountable is leadership. For sure. It's still my opinion and is based on nothing factual that he doesn't strike me as a call his team out in public kind of guy. When I was saying he's a nice guy I was justifying why I am talking nice about a Miami player. Not because he didnt call out players by name. But again I understand why you thought that. 

Edited by Goin Breakdown

2 hours ago, Chaos said:

Winning QBs focus blame on themselves when the team loses.  Loser QBs draw attention to the failures of others. 

Then Tua is a winning QB because he put the loss on his shoulders and took full responsibility for it.

3 hours ago, Pete said:

I like Tua, and I have loathed the Dolphins over 50 years.  But Tua is a good dude.  So likeable, I can’t hate him, even though he is a Dolphin.  ***** every other Miami Dolphin!  FU Griese!  FU Cox!  FU Tyreek!

LMAO Pete, I understand completely (but don't forget "FU Jimmy Cefalo!"). But I kind of didn't mind Paul Warfield too much ...

13 hours ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Really interesting comment from a quarterback. You wonder if this will help strengthen his leadership role and get the players behind him.

Or will it rub his teammates the wrong way and cause a rift?

Could go either way.

Most likely it won’t go any way.

The Fish play the Giants this week and will probably win by at least 2 TD’s and the Bills game, to include any cryptic comments, will be forgotten until week 18.

Edited by Beast

14 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

I like Tua too. He is a good dude. What annoys me is when people talk him up like he is as good as Allen or Mahomes when he just is not. That’s not to say he can’t be successful, I believe he can and he has proven he can be very successful but he doesn’t have Allen’s skill set

To me the stark difference is put Allen or Mahomes in MIA’s offense and they’d lite it up. Put Tua in Buffalo or KC, and I think Tua would struggle a lot. Vastly different skill sets. Arm strength is obvious on his sideline throws to the opposite side of the field. Props to McDaniel for putting him in a great position that plays to his strengths.

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

They played a decent first half then fell apart. Not a very good team. I’ll say they won’t make the playoffs. 

They will make the playoffs. The AFC is surprisingly pretty bad. 

Bengals look terrible. Browns look bad, Steelers just lost Pickett

Jets are toast without Rodgers, NE - LOL.

Chargers gonna charger, Denver is awful, Raiders are awful

AFC S is just a huge toss up 

Bills

Chiefs

Dolphins

Ravens

^These are my only locks, but i think the playoffs will look like this

Bills

Chiefs

Ravens

Texans

Dolphins

Chargers

Jags/Titans

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I think its pretty clear that Tua is talking specifically about some people on the team here.  He didn't say it was the team that needed it, but some people on the team.  Personally, I don't think this is getting talked about enough.  If Josh Allen had said this, there would be non stop coverage about a rift between him and Diggs again.  

So who is he talking to or about...well, my personal theory is that I think at least one of those people might be Tyreek Hill:

1. This week Hill was boasting about not studying any film, literally playing Madden the night before games is all the research he does to check their Madden ratings on awareness, speed, strength, etc to get a feel for the player.  
  2. During the Broncos blow out, after Hill scored a TD off a catch and run, the TV cameras caught Tua telling Hill he ran the wrong route with Hill responding back who cares, we got the TD.  

Hill has been very vocal about his own personal stats, his goals of 2000 yards, all offseason.  You don't hear much from him in terms of team goals, he is very self absorbed and really feels himself.  According to Hill himself, he isn't putting the preparation in week to week watching film despite teams preparing to slow him down every week.  Tua already called him out for not running the proper route last week in which he blew off since he still ran for the score.  

Just feels like if that message was to be sent to anyone, Hill is probably one of the guys that needs to hear it.  

Im sure the clowns with the emoticon shirts were on his mind too that gave Josh and the team bulletin board material.  

Agree, very surprised this didn't take off in the media. PFT even showed the clip but then didn't discuss that part of it at all.

• Like (+1) 1

I vowed to never give LeBatard any more of my clicks or downloads, but I'm very curious if, per usual, they ignored the Dolphins after a loss and focused instead on the NBA and college football. Or did they find a way to blame it on the patriarchy, systemic racism, or misogyny?  I mean, it wouldn't top his rant blaming the NFL and football fans in general for Tua's concussions instead of his coach, but it would be the epitome of a beaver looking to chop trees on top of the empire state building. 

20 hours ago, Reader said:

Weren't there some Fin players who were throwing shade at the Bills earlier in the week? I think it was mentioned somewhere that Allen and Diggs were making fun of them during the game? I'd have to think that those are the players Tua is referring to, though I'm not sure if Hill is included in that group.

I don't know if they were throwing shade at the bills but this is what Diggs and Allen were doing during the game.

1 hour ago, benderbender said:

I vowed to never give LeBatard any more of my clicks or downloads, but I'm very curious if, per usual, they ignored the Dolphins after a loss and focused instead on the NBA and college football. Or did they find a way to blame it on the patriarchy, systemic racism, or misogyny?  I mean, it wouldn't top his rant blaming the NFL and football fans in general for Tua's concussions instead of his coach, but it would be the epitome of a beaver looking to chop trees on top of the empire state building. 

I checked his twitter timeline for fun and this was the only thing I found related to the game.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.