Dolphins @ Bills Postgame thread

djp14150

One thing I want to come out of all this is for somehow the Bills to still be flying under the radar.  We play better with a chip on our shoulder and I don't want any reason to lose it.  I will say, though, this team has a different feel than what we have seen over the last few years.  They do seem to want to just go out and shove it in people's faces.  They seem like they are on a mission to just shut people up and I love that.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, bigduke6 said:

but but but,  i heard the window had closed on this team.

I think the window may have closed back in week 1….

However… Josh and the boys kicked the door down and said.. we’re here for a while!  Deal with it. 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Felt like Knox today was channeling his inner Beast-Mode.

He had a few catches where he just ran over Miami defenders trying to keep him from getting to the sticks.

Dude strapped them up and came to play.

Suspect he will get an Angry Runs nomination for that play where he just ran over the DB, or was it a LB?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

What is amazing about this game is that the Bills had two dropped picks, and two fumbles that they didn’t recover (one negated by an inconsequential lining up Offside penalty).

This could have easily been far more lopsided than 48-20.

yeah, like 71-20 just for fun

• Haha (+1) 1

James Cook (and to some extent latavious murray) have been what this offense has lacked to date.  It makes them so much more rounded and difficult to stop.  Kincaid and a committee of Cook, Harty, sherfield, etc are an element missing since Beasley aged out.  The o-line is also looking quality, but the build and rounded Ness of the offense helps.

Defense also looks terrific so far.  All there d-lineman they drafted (Oliver, Rousseau, epinesa) all look like monsters and we have von Miller coming back.  

Overall I was very nervous and tentative in my confidence coming into the season.  Now I'm thinking this may be the best they have been.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Great team game today.

McD has done a great job calling defense this year.  Aggressive at the right times and has been very good at getting them in the right position.

incidentally, rewatching the game now.  That long pass to Cook mid 3rd quarter was not called that way.  Josh was running to not get sacked and had Cook on the right.  Cook saw that and turned upfield and caught the pass for a huge play. Nice play by Cook to break upfield to get open.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, WideNine said:

He had a few catches where he just ran over Miami defenders trying to keep him from getting to the sticks.

Knox had 1 reception on 1 target.  It was a good one - 12 yds and a 1D.

But if there were a few, you must be thinking of "the other DK" - except while he had 4 nice receptions on 5 targets, only 1 went for a 1D.

So I don't know who was channeling his inner Beast Mode.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

The first quarter of the season has been a defensive masterclass by McDermott. We are suffocating the life out of teams and then pouring it on after we've worn them down.

I can’t help but think what could’ve been if 13 seconds was handled by MCD as DC 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

Today was fun although I'm gutted about Tre.

But my pre-game position still stands: we'll see what's what in the playoffs.

do you remember when we we're figuring if 4 teams lost by 3 points we might make it.?  And then donated to Dalton's charity which was very great.  but you're talking about HOW the playoffs will go in week 4...That's excellent.

• Like (+1) 3

Josh in post game interview answered the question of his thoughts of how things are going...

"Yeah, Kyle Allen is the least efficient runner on the team, but we will talk him up, it'll be ok."

Also, how ridiculous is it that some journalists can't speak functional English to ask questions. Such as "how you was thinking that you and Dorsey had something going today?"

Seriously whatever outlet pays that dude should fire him.

20 minutes ago, WideNine said:

he literally ran over Holland. I have never seen anything like that. Smooshed him into the ground. It was great! 

• Agree 4

3 hours ago, maddenboy said:

i think we can finally conclude:  we are better off without Leslie frazier.

Whether Frazier was good, mediocre, or bad doesnt matter.  This is better.

2 years ago was our SB to lose. Unfortunately Leslie gave us 13 seconds. 

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

Also, how ridiculous is it that some journalists can't speak functional English to ask questions. Such as "how you was thinking that you and Dorsey had something going today?"

'Free beer in the press booth, today only!'

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

Josh in post game interview answered the question of his thoughts of how things are going...

"Yeah, Kyle Allen is the least efficient runner on the team, but we will talk him up, it'll be ok."

qu

I'm in Tampa and I listen to WGR on my commutes. I get it, some of these reporters are just asking questions everyone knows they should ask. Probably get lazy how they word it. But what bothers me more is, when I listen to WGR online, sometimes they rebroadcast interviews on Shopp an the Bulldog. I hate it, because i can only hear the answers. I hear, "blah, blah, blah, yada, yada yada....", and then "Yes, he's good!" Comedian Brian Regan did a bit on that. I can't find a clip, but it's spot on. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.