9/24/23 Week 3 GAMEDAY Bills vs Commanders Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

23 minutes ago, Rockinon said:

The Washington Whatevers😀. They have a great DLine, but nothing special outside of that on D. They can get after the passer, but have been fooled by different formations, misdirection and by simply mixing things up. They are going to have problems with Buffalo's offense. Big problems. Denver put up 33pts against them. 

I smell another statement game coming. A blowout even. The Whatevers are in for a wake up call. Go Bills!

The defense actually played really well in the second half against Denver last week. Clamped down and gave up 12 after the half. 

This defense also has 7 sacks through 2 games and can create turnovers. They have allowed 8 conversions over 26 3rd down attempts. That's really good. 

2 minutes ago, eball said:

Spencer Brown did not have a “great” game if that is what you are implying.  He was given tons of help and was still beaten pretty regularly by Crosby…the Bills simply had a good plan and Allen got the ball out quickly.

He was decent, better than a lot of what we've seen from him in the past. But I agree with this. It wasn't like he was facing Crosby one on one often (only 15 offensive snaps). Also, Crosby beat him and hit Allen's arm on the bloop interception that was thankfully nullified by penalty. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bills!Win! said:

The only players I know on the commanders are chase young, Terry mclauren, Logan Thomas and this Sam Howell guy who is a 5th round pick. Should be a good day right? 

They're better than the Raiders and they run screens (one of our weaknesses) all day. We should win as long as Allen sticks to the gameplan.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The defense actually played really well in the second half against Denver last week. Clamped down and gave up 12 after the half. 

This defense also has 7 sacks through 2 games and can create turnovers. They have allowed 8 conversions over 26 3rd down attempts. That's really good. 

Very good front 4. But let's remember who they played as well. Cardinals and Broncos? We are the better team. We just need to play that way and not down to the competition. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, finn said:

I think the D will hold Washington to 25 points or less. What worries me is the D line dominating the Bills O line, especially Brown. Yes, you can chip on that side, even keep Knox or fifth lineman in to help, but then you have seven players covering four receivers, with pressure coming up the middle and from the left, forcing short throws all day into rolled-up coverage. Basically the formula that helped the Bucs beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl. Consider too that the Wash. D-line may be better than the Bucs was, and the Bills O-line worse than Chiefs O-line back then. 

I still think the Bills prevail, simply because the Wash. linebackers and DBs aren't particularly strong, so YAC should be significant. And while Brown truly sucks in pass pro, he's an effective run blocker. So let Brown and Torrence cook for Cook, work in some play action off that. I'm also looking for a break-out game for Kincaid.

Bills 28-21

Yep. Great perspective on this one. I think the game comes down to the OLine vs DLine matchup and our willingness to pound the ball. 

57 minutes ago, buffblue said:

He was decent, better than a lot of what we've seen from him in the past. But I agree with this. It wasn't like he was facing Crosby one on one often (only 15 offensive snaps). Also, Crosby beat him and hit Allen's arm on the bloop interception that was thankfully nullified by penalty. 

So we slam Brown when he gets beat or pushed back. But he literally made it so a top DE was nonexistent and some still criticize. Even with some help he did a great job. Now that said let's see it this week too! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

Spencer Brown did not have a “great” game if that is what you are implying.  He was given tons of help and was still beaten pretty regularly by Crosby…the Bills simply had a good plan and Allen got the ball out quickly.

Brown's best career game IMO is when we played Washington 2 years ago. He was 1-on-1 with Young much of the game. Young did an outside speed rush on just about every pass play, rarely a counter move or anything else. Brown just get kept riding him out of the play and neutralized him. I hope Young does the same thing today.

44 minutes ago, Casey D said:

Weather very good now in DC.  Just ran with Josh my yellow lab, and it's in the 60s, no rain or wind!  Conditions should not be a factor.

same in Jersey where they said it'd be awful weather as well

How with all their technology can they be so wrong , so consistently 

Just now, The Wiz said:

damn i was excited about Poona. Guess Settle and Phillips just look better 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.