9/24/23 Week 3 GAMEDAY Bills vs Commanders Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

This WGR pre game…last week was like a perfect game on offense, these guys complaining about stuff that means absolutely nothing. They couldn’t stop anything we did but hey why aren’t there more downfield passes to Deonte Hardy? Idk maybe because he’s 5 foot 7. Why would you ever want him downfield? Can we throw more screens? All 3 RBs got off. How many plays do these guys think are run in a game? If you don’t do every single thing they have ever seen it’s an issue.

5 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This WGR pre game…last week was like a perfect game on offense, these guys complaining about stuff that means absolutely nothing. They couldn’t stop anything we did but hey why aren’t there more downfield passes to Deonte Hardy? Idk maybe because he’s 5 foot 7. Why would you ever want him downfield? Can we throw more screens? All 3 RBs got off. How many plays do these guys think are run in a game? If you don’t do every single thing they have ever seen it’s an issue.

They have hours of airtime to fill.

1 minute ago, Chandler#81 said:

Must have learned earlier because I read a similar article with the same message a couple days ago.  I think he is our best corner vs Miami receivers.  This dude should be active even if he isn't on the field.

1 hour ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

Very good front 4. But let's remember who they played as well. Cardinals and Broncos? We are the better team. We just need to play that way and not down to the competition. 

Cardinals have played hard the last 2 weeks. Credit to them. Broncos have some potential. I never like to degrade any team because at the end of the day there is talent on every club.

Are we a better team than Washington? I believe so. But Washington is very talented and anyone blowing off Sam Howell because of where he was drafted is in for a surprise today. Kid can ball. We may be the better team but this is the kind of Washington team that is good enough to win it, especially at home if they are allowed to hang around. If Buffalo has issues with turnovers or penalties then the game is wide open. 

• Like (+1) 2

I finally had time to do a YouTube Sunday Ticket time delay from the CBS pregame using over the air antenna.

It's about 20 seconds ahead of the YouTube Bills game feed.  That is actually a little faster than when

I used the Directv Sunday Ticket streaming feed last season.  Last year I was just typically 30 seconds behind.

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He has been very ineffective so far. And as above having an extra end up makes sense today.

He sure has.  He has had 25% of the snaps with 0 tackles/pressures.

Let's see a little of Kingsley.

2 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

The defense actually played really well in the second half against Denver last week. Clamped down and gave up 12 after the half. 

This defense also has 7 sacks through 2 games and can create turnovers. They have allowed 8 conversions over 26 3rd down attempts. That's really good. 

They also gave up a lot of sacks. As for that DLine, it isn't worth much if Josh is getting rid of the ball quick. Blowout....I can smell it. They aren't the only team on the field today that can create turnovers. Also, They need to come from behind to win in their first 2 game. Against AZ and Denver.  Neither of those teams is Buffalo. What are you scared of?

Why does everyone seem concerned with this Howell? McD has a great track record against young QBs. He’s going to confuse the sht out of him, Howell will be reduced to screens and dump offs most of the time. 

Of course we have to minimize our own TOs, that’s the only way you keep an inferior team in the game. If we play clean, we win easy. If we play sloppy, then Washington has a chance. 

That’s why we play the game.  

I suspect we are going to see Josh continue what we saw last week especially in the first half. Establish the running game, play the short game and force them out of their Big Nickel. Then play action and more deep shots than we saw last week. 

On D, I expect McD to use a lot of disguised coverages and simulated pressures.

Bills Win

Just now, Rockinon said:

They also gave up a lot of sacks. As for that DLine, it isn't worth much if Josh is getting rid of the ball quick. Blowout....I can smell it. They aren't the only team on the field today that can create turnovers. Also, They need to come from behind to win in their first 2 game. Against AZ and Denver.  Neither of those teams is Buffalo. What are you scared of?

Not "scared" of anything. I watched both the Commanders games and am speaking from a position of what I have seen. This is a talented Washington team. 

About the dumbest trope in sports today is saying how bad every other team is. Same people who do that also get upset when people say the Bills "haven't beaten anybody". Buffalo is 1-1...and by your logic we shouldn't be optimistic because we "only beat the Raider". 

Could the Bills blow them out? Sure. But looking at this Commander team objectively, they have talent to win. And this is coming from someone that said (repeatedly) the Ron Rivera would likely be the 1st HC fired. 

Yes, they came from behind to win. You discount that like it's a negative. It's not. Coming back from 18 down last week on the road is an impressive feat. 

I just looked at the Skins' front-7, they're quite formidable, perhaps as good as the Jets.  

Should be an interesting game insofar as our offense goes.  I'm hopeful, but I didn't realize that they were that good.  

17 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’d say it’s 40% Bills fans here so far 

Sheeeet, half of Buffalo now lives in the mid-Atlantic region.  LOL  

Edited by PBF81

Just now, PBF81 said:

I just looked at the Skins' front-7, they're quite formidable, perhaps as good as the Jets.  

Should be an interesting game insofar as our offense goes.  I'm hopeful, but I didn't realize that they were that good.  

Payne is the heart of that line and got paid as such... combined with a healthy Chase Young it will be a tough test for the OL.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.