9/24/23 Week 3 GAMEDAY Bills vs Commanders Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

16 minutes ago, RunTheBall said:

Why does everyone seem concerned with this Howell? McD has a great track record against young QBs. Heā€™s going to confuse the sht out of him, Howell will be reduced to screens and dump offs most of the time.Ā 

Ā 

Of course we have to minimize our own TOs, thatā€™s the only way you keep an inferior team in the game. If we play clean, we win easy. If we play sloppy, then Washington has a chance.Ā 

Ā 

Thatā€™s why we play the game. Ā 

Ā 

I suspect we are going to see Josh continue what we saw last week especially in the first half. Establish the running game, play the short game and force them out of their Big Nickel. Then play action and more deep shots than we saw last week.Ā 

Ā 

On D, I expect McD to use a lot of disguised coverages and simulated pressures.

Ā 

Bills Win

Ā 

Zach Wilson x2

9 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Personally, I would like to see Kingsley Jonathan get play in front of AJ Epenesa Iā€™m hoping that he has some impact today

I love KJ. always making plays!Ā 

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Are we getting a game day thread?

I think the YouTube zen commercials has Ā put the mods to sleep!!Ā 

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Not "scared" of anything. I watched both the Commanders games and am speaking from a position of what I have seen. This is a talented Washington team.Ā 

Ā 

About the dumbest trope in sports today is saying how bad every other team is. Same people who do that also get upset when people say the Bills "haven't beaten anybody". Buffalo is 1-1...and by your logic we shouldn't be optimistic because we "only beat the Raider".Ā 

Ā 

Could the Bills blow them out? Sure. But looking at this Commander team objectively, they have talent to win. And this is coming from someone that said (repeatedly) the Ron Rivera would likely be the 1st HC fired.Ā 

Ā 

Yes, they came from behind to win. You discount that like it's a negative. It's not. Coming back from 18 down last week on the road is an impressive feat.Ā 

I'm not discounting anything. I'm looking at the track record of both teams. Washington is clearly not in the same league, but if you want to worry, I'm not going to judge. Also, this is pretty much the same defense they had last year. They have some clear holes that I think will be exploited heavily by Buffalo.

Ā 

Washington has problems at LB in their secondary. They play an additional CB because of that and still can't stop anyone unless the DLine gets home. This team lives and dies by that DLine.

Ā 

Now, granted their QB is looking pretty good. I like him. Spreads the ball around, throws a nice deep ball in the face of a pass rush without flinching. He's going to be pretty good. Still, he doesn't have many starts and the Bills will throw some disguises at him. He is going to have his work cut out for him and I think the Bills defense has the better track record.

Ā 

On both O and D the Bills have them beat. Historically, this is pretty clear. Not that some team can't come out of nowhere to make a run. Seems to happen every year with some team. Not today though. The Bills are just more ready than the Whatevers.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.