Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, darkman said:

I don't post often, but if Hamlin officially dies, I would rather see the Bills end the season. Screw the playoffs and Superbowl.

I appreciate your sentiment. The team might want to play out for him

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ve still got the vision in my mind of how shook the bills players were. You just knew that there was something very very wrong.

Yes it was horrific. I think in these situations when we know nothing we all think "oh, it's a knock, ,he will be fine" but when horrified expressions from the field suggest otherwise, the realisation of the severity of the incident really goes right through you. 

Edited by LondonBill

4 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If he is not basing his tweet on word from medical officials,  he needs to be fired.  At this point,  no one should speculate or make firm statements unless backed by medical staff of the UC hospital 

Maybe he is in touch with his family?

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

Prayers up.  I'm gutted but happy to see nfl community stand up.  

I have an off the wall prediction that Raiders and chiefs take a knee to a draw next week if this game becomes a draw tonight. 

Hopefully Hamlin is in stable condition and on the road to recovery by next week.  This team is talented enough to forfeit this game and next and still win the SB as a bottom seed.  Honestly, the season is an afterthought for me, just rooting for Damar to pull through.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I have no problem with any player, team, announcer, social media poster or league representative for any statement they’ve made about Hamlin, his injury, or the implications for the business.  This has been remarkably balanced with the emphasis on the important things in life.   I’ve heard nothing that wasn’t sympathetic, empathetic, sensitive or rational.  Life’s funny.   There’s not a playbook for everything.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

I’ve still got the vision in my mind of how shook the bills players were. You just knew that there was something very very wrong.

I think I first noticed what looked like Tears in Mcd’s eyes.. I was more  worried and then Allen was in tears and his  look was something that will live with me for a long time. 

• Agree 5

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It was McDermott’s reaction for me. He’s always so calm no matter the situation.

He was visibly distraught. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 6

1 minute ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Can you use a better choice of words?

My brain is scattered as are most peoples i’m sure my apologies. But I guess his close personal friend and marketing rep tweeted “his vitals are back to normal and they have put him to sleep to put a breathing tube down his throat. They are currently running tests” 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

how long of a delay do you think there was from when we the decision was made to us being told? We saw equipment packed up and players changing long before the statement. 

This is a wild guess but I think the bills were prepared to forfeit if needed so they started packing up their stuff first and Zac Taylor may have agreed to postpone the game.  Maybe the nfl left it up to the coaches or the coaches straight up decided they weren’t playing on their own so the nfl needed to come out with a statement that matched

Something definitely seems off here with the NFL’s response 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, EffKCChiefs said:

As much as i cant stand the Chiefs, and Mahomes the player... he is a good dude. 

There are so many players irritated me as I thought they were arrogant, protected by the refs, just annoy for no reason ... but they're showing true class as a collective tonight.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Kudos Taylor McD ref probably fallowing the “guidelines” on 5 min then Taylor McD fixed. The bills have been thru too much. Gosh. 

I can tell you that the 5 minute thing almost certainly came from the NFL at 345 Park.

After "Bottlegate" (where Terry McAulay called a game early in Cleveland due to the crowd), on-field officials are instructed to contact New York and let them make the call.  That's almost certainly what happened here.

Shawn Smith has a good reputation in the NFL for doing the right thing and I suspect that Taylor, McD, and him were instrumental in postponing the game.  Goodell OTOH looks like a jackass.

• Disagree 1

1 minute ago, LondonBill said:

Yes it was horrific. I think in these situations when we know nothing we all think "oh, it's a knock, ,he will be fine" but when expressions from the field suggests otherwise, the realisation of the severity of the incident really goes right through you. 

Yea, to come back from commercial - I thought maybe a weird pinched nerve or I missed his head hitting…. And then seeing Josh followed by players crying was incredibly jarring that this was different 

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.