Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I think an issue is cancel and not make up. Call it a tie and move on?  Trying to make this up will be difficult to impossible.  Especial if Hamlin dies.

The thing is they can cancel the game tonight and make a decision about what to do tomorrow. At this point I don’t think  there is no way they will play tonight. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ve watched the replay a few times I just can’t see anything there that looked like it would cause this type of event. It’s brutal to see the after effect. 

Underlying health issue, or preexisting neck injury? 

Prayers are with his family and friends and teammates.

Vertebral artery dissection

I would lean towards a neck knock but it's hard to say.

2 minutes ago, PayDaBill$ said:

I’ve watched the replay a few times I just can’t see anything there that looked like it would cause this type of event. It’s brutal to see the after effect. 

Underlying health issue, or preexisting neck injury? 

Prayers are with his family and friends and teammates.

The hit really looked harmless. I'm thinking he may have an unknown pre existing heart issue. Not that it matter just speculating. Right now, let's hope he's gonna be OK. F football right now!

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Its not a vertebral injury.  He would have not been able to get up. 

Its a cardiac arrest. He would have had enough BP to stand up and pass out as he did even as the heart was not beating.

not accurate. My wife had a vertebral artery dissection. Not a spinal cord injury, but I could see this being that.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Props to the ESPN broadcasters for their candor that it’s unconscionable to continue.  Forces the NFL’s hand to acknowledge that.

I said in the shoutbox I'm realizing they probably don't know anything more than we do and we are seeing genuine fear from them. Booger is exhausted.

2 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

If it was started fast enough there is still hope. I know someone who got 45 minutes of CPR and lived although with some disability. Not as much disability as was initially predicted.

A close friend had about 45 minutes of cpr after a heart attack. He was supposed to have long term issues, but recovered completely. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I think an issue is cancel and not make up. Call it a tie and move on?  Trying to make this up will be difficult to impossible.  Especial if Hamlin dies.

Would be hard to give the Bengals a tie with the lead and driving.  Hate to say it but I think the path forward is the Bills forfeiting.  I get it we won’t be the #1 seed.  It is what it is.  Hamlin is what matters

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Just talked to one of our ER docs... who are all texting each other right now... apparently it is a known thing that a direct hit to the heart can cause the heart to stop aka a heart attack... again they would have intubated him right away put a tube down his throat to breathe and that they have a pulse is a good thing.

It has to happen at the exact right time in the rhythm but it happens. I remember hearing about a girl catching a softball to the chest decades ago

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.