Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

2 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

The league will take some heat if they have to play this game. The fact that they can’t even discuss it among the those in studio and then to expect them to play after that is stupid. Goodell should have made a decision a long time ago and it should not be up to the coaches or players. SMH 

I think an issue is cancel and not make up. Call it a tie and move on?  Trying to make this up will be difficult to impossible.  Especial if Hamlin dies.

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

yes, but that would imply brain injury from anoxia (lack of oxygen from loss of heart function).  Perhaps the report of pulse but not breathing is incorrect.  Let's pray for that.  There are other possibilities as well.

Thanks. I guess we all want answers we can't get right now. Prayer is needed.

Just now, NoSaint said:

for all we know it’s been decided and just waiting to share firmed up logistics with us 

Agreed. I reckon the discussion is more whether we think we'll be ok to play tomorrow and what the outcome would be if not, whilst trying to appear sensitive at the same time. The ESPN pundits have said the game needs to be postponed.

The right people know how Damar is, but it's difficult not after what we saw. Least it sounds like he's being sent to one of the best hospitals for cardiac trauma.

3 minutes ago, stevewin said:

Emotions are likely pretty high in the locker room now - I imagine there are some who might be expressing that they don't want to go back out there at this point - really don't see how they play this 

Even if they do want to go back out and play, how can they not be playing with a divided heart and mind thinking about their teammate

And when your attention is divided, further injuries will occur

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

Give the man a minute to make the call and for the media to tell us. Geez guys 

It’s only been an hour so hey I guess you are right. In fact it should have been a simple decision, the reason it isn’t is because they are worried about $ Which makes it even worse.🤦‍♂️

Edited by Meatloaf63

I’ve watched the replay a few times I just can’t see anything there that looked like it would cause this type of event. It’s brutal to see the after effect. 

Underlying health issue, or preexisting neck injury? 

Prayers are with his family and friends and teammates.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.