Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, Playoffs? said:

They can’t call this a draw or give both teams a win. They can’t just skip the game. There are way too many implications.  For example (and F them), the Chiefs and their homefield. 

I think they’ll leave it to the Bills. Come back out and play, or essentially forfeit and take the loss.  

Or they postpone to tomorrow.  

Don’t see any other solutions here. This is tragic. 

Play tomorrow is the move. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Not true .. he almost tripped on him when Hamlin fell and he pointed to him because players do that when they see someone is hurt to get attention.

I certainly hope so, otherwise he'll live with that the rest of his days.

I've only heard bad things about the dude.

4 minutes ago, djp14150 said:

I think an issue is cancel and not make up. Call it a tie and move on?  Trying to make this up will be difficult to impossible.  Especial if Hamlin dies.

Not that it’s any time to think about this but a tie is essentially a loss so I doubt the players would want that…not that it will be left up to them necessarily anyway.  Hoping that they push everything a week but I would be pleasantly shocked if the nfl made a decision like that 

my guess is they’re giving themselves a chance to be able to announce that Hamlin is stable and they’ll think about continuing tonight if that’s the case but if not they’re going to push it until tomorrow 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

AED & CPR means his heart stopped. 9 minutes of CPR is an extremely long time. This is really bad

You don't shock asystole. That is a Hollywood myth. You do, however, give CPR. You only shock certain arrhythmia to get the heart back into a regular rythym

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Just talked to one of our ER docs... who are all texting each other right now... apparently it is a known thing that a direct hit to the heart can cause the heart to stop aka a heart attack... again they would have intubated him right away put a tube down his throat to breathe and that they have a pulse is a good thing.

Would it have lifelong affects and disabilities? God I hope not

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

They can’t call this a draw or give both teams a win. They can’t just skip the game. There are way too many implications.  For example (and F them), the Chiefs and their homefield. 

I think they’ll leave it to the Bills. Come back out and play, or essentially forfeit and take the loss.  

Or they postpone to tomorrow.  

Don’t see any other solutions here. This is tragic. 

Don't continue and rule it a "mutual forfeit" in which both teams take a loss.

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Just talked to one of our ER docs... who are all texting each other right now... apparently it is a known thing that a direct hit to the heart can cause the heart to stop aka a heart attack... again they would have intubated him right away put a tube down his throat to breathe and that they have a pulse is a good thing.

Yeah I posted about it a few pages ago. Commotio cordis.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.