Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

probably not, sadly.  If he has a pulse but not breathing it's more likely that his autonomic nervous system has shut down down: brainstem injury.  And seeing as it didn't appear that he suffered a major blow to the head, I think ruptured brain aneurysm is a high likelihood.

Couldn't it have been a heart issue due to the trauma to his chest? 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

I vaguely recall a Detroit Lion dying on the field in the ‘60’s, a WR I think. I believe they were playing the Bears..

Yes. That Lion had caught a long pass and was was walking back to the huddle. He just keeled over and died on the spot. It was late 60/early 70s, over 50 years ago.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I’m no doctor.. but my brother’s good buddy is a heart surgeon and this is the first thing he thought of….

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commotio_cordis

He is NOT saying this is what happened, but it’s scary as hell if it is.

Just can’t believe any of this is happening to this poor kid right now. 

Yeah when it happened I googled 'hit to chest cardiac arrest' and that is what came up.  Seems possible - when you see the play he did take a helmet to the chest - and if they did use AED then it also fits

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.