Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

It’s interesting listening to doctors disagreeing with each other. We hear someone is a doctor and we automatically think they are right. Doctors do disagree with other doctors.

Doctoring, and diagnostics specifically is as much an art as it is a science. I have seen plenty of bad doctors. I consider myself fortunate and lucky to have found a good team that works for me. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Beast said:

You know, I get it. It’s something to discuss and then get on with it. At this point who cares? If you think the NFL errored what are you expecting them to do? 

Personally, I'd like some transparency. 

As to your first question, you may not think it's a big deal, but the NFL obviously cares.

All I want to say is how thankful I am that the medical world has advanced as it has the last 20 years and the dedication of the people saving life's every day- a simple hats off to anyone that fights for anyone's life and dedicates there life's to doing so- 

Situations such as this will be never go away but how we are able to respond is ever improving 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JerseyBills said:

I really don't have an issue with this. It was an unprecedented moment. 

I do have a problem with Troy Vincent lieing and saying they never spoke.. 

I'm honestly always taken back of the position Troy Vincent holds -hes the same guy that when playing took a cheap shot at a rookie QB breaking his leg - a little welcome to the NFL move that is punkish- we all know people like this and often leadership qualities are missing 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Damar's GoFundMe has been updated:

"**UPDATE: This fundraiser was initially established to support a toy drive for Damar’s community, sponsored by the Chasing M’s Foundation.

However, it has received renewed support in light of Damar’s current battle and we can’t thank all of you enough. Your generosity and compassion mean the world to us.

If you would like to show your support and contribute to Damar’s community initiatives and his current fight, this is the place to do so. This is the only current fund that is being used by the Hamlin Family.

Again, thank you for your thoughts, prayers and generous support during this time."

"Damar created The Chasing M’s Foundation to use as a vehicle to bring lasting impact to his community. The foundation supports toy drives, back-to-school drives, kids camps, and more. UPDATE**

As I embark on my journey to the NFL, I will never forget where I come from and I am committed to using my platform to positively impact the community that raised me. I created The Chasing M's Foundation as a vehicle that will allow me to deliver that impact, and the first program is the 2020 Community Toy Drive. 

This campaign gives you the opportunity to contribute to our first initiative and positively impact children who have been hardest hit by the pandemic. 100% of the funds raised will go toward the purchase of toys for kids in need.  The time to act is now, as we will be distributing toys on December 22nd from 3:30 to 5:30 PM from Kelly and Nina's Daycare Center at 800 Russellwood Ave., McKees Rocks, PA 15136. "

I know there was some back and forth on this, but this seems to confirm this is the correct place to donate to show support.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/mxksc-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive?mibextid=Zxz2cZ

1 minute ago, Mango said:

The NFL is ESPN's golden goose. 

I think it is a big deal for them to not fall in line behind Goodell and the Shield. 

Good for them.

I don’t think it matters honestly. It was all live. The NFL and ESPN were getting information live with us. Everything happens quickly. The one thing I do know is the heroes on the field trying to save Hamlin had zero thoughts about updating the NFL and ESPN about what was happening. 

The NFL probably had many different scenarios depending on the information they were receiving. Everything was happening fast.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

My son was at a tournament in eastern Long Island when he was about 15-16 and one of the coaches for one of the many teams there died during pre-game batting practice because of a line drive to the chest.  Cardiac arrest.

Whoops - edit: it was a hit to the head: https://nypost.com/2014/09/21/dad-dies-after-getting-hit-with-baseball-before-sons-game/

Baseball heaven.  The coach wasn't wearing a helmet while giving BP right?

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I don’t think it matters honestly. It was all live. The NFL and ESPN were getting information live with us. Everything happens quickly. The one thing I do know is the heroes on the field trying to save Hamlin had zero thoughts about updating the NFL and ESPN about what was happening. 

The NFL probably had many different scenarios depending on the information they were receiving. Everything was happening fast.

The initial rumors and reports were that the league wanted the game to continue. 

The league said that was crazy. 

ESPN said, that's not crazy, we literally just reported what you told us. We communicated in real time. You tried to play the football game

The league sucks. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

NFL SOP for years after a lengthy delay for weather or an injured player has been a to have a short warmup before resumption of play and it’s safe to assume that the NFL officials on hand last night informed Joe Buck of that. I can’t fault ESPN for simply relaying that information during the most fluid of situations. And an unprecedented situation at that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.