Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

Dude, piss off. You're not there, you're not privy to the conversations the team is having. You're not among their deliberations on this. 

And the rest of the players wanting to hug their families after what they just witnessed is perfectly normal. I am sure the Bills are not abandoning Damar or his family. There will be a plan in place and a staff staying in the area to support / cover any logistics. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

No you're right.  Sorry you almost died bro, see ya later!

Oh and maybe we'll fly back again tomorrow to play. 

If the Bills are flying back they're not playing tomorrow.

And only you are saying they're acting callously.

Just now, ArtVandalay said:

No you're right.  Sorry you almost died bro, see ya later!

Oh and maybe we'll fly back again tomorrow to play. 

Dude you cant even finish your thought. Stay in a hotel and then what exactly? Hamlin has his family. What are nearly 100 players and personnel going to do for Hamlin in a hotel in Cincy. 

Think like an adult and not a reactionary child. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, boyst said:

Bills players are linking it. I just messaged one. And they confirmed it's real and active. (I'm not joking)

Can you provide any kind of link or something so I can know how to deal with this?

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

No, it won’t be replayed. There’s no extra time and they aren’t delaying playoffs.  just call it a tie or forfeit. figure out a tie breaker that’s fair for all 3 teams, whatever. 

Just as long as our guy can get out of the hospital and be normal again.  that’s all that matters in grand scheme.

You’re right about all that matters.

But from a football solution standpoint, no idea what they’re going to do. I don’t know how they can get this game in. But I also don’t see how they can call it a draw. Had we scored a TD instead of 3, it’d be even more complicated with the score being 7-7. Instead it seems most likely scenario might be a loss for Buffalo, as the score was 7-3 when the game ended. But then again, you could say the Bengals got the ball twice and the Bills once. Who knows what the heck they’re going to do?

Honestly, I don’t even care at this point. F it all. Just please walk out of that hospital, Damar. 

6 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

you aren’t moving the Super Bowl at this point. Just not logistically sound of familiar with the production 

They could just not have a week off between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl

I would love to see the decisions those criticizing the league would have made, and the basis for those decisions, at the point in time that the league called for a five minute re-start.  This unfolded minute by minute before our eyes with dozens of decision makers evaluating incomplete information.   Well handled, all around, as the situation unfolded in my view.   We saw a tragedy and then watched a group of people respond as fact after confirmation after contradiction unfolded.   Shame on the hindsight possessing critics calling out the league.   Leadership comes with burdens.

7C03CE81-B4C9-4FDA-9456-08FDCA577355.webp

• Like (+1) 7

Just now, UKBillFan said:

If the Bills are flying back they're not playing tomorrow.

And only you are saying they're acting callously.

I think that's a garbage report.  Buses haevn't even picked them up from the stadium yet and Diggs ubered to the hospital

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

No but don't think everyone should be ripping the NFL for how they reacted to an unprecedented event that likely have no real sections of the manual in how to deal with.  They are just flipping through the pages trying to figure out what to do, so they react to the easiest thing to say, warm up for 5 minutes.

This was clearly a different deal the moment that ambulance came out. If you listen to the ESPN coverage it was Zac Taylor and Sean McDermott who said we ain’t playing not the nfl 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Sorry came in late…

What are you saying about then not playing tomorrow?

There's a tweet saying that the Bills are flying back to Buffalo tonight. If that is the case, I don't think they'll be playing tomorrow. If there was a chance of that happening, they'd surely stay in Cincinatti over night?

Edited by UKBillFan

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

There's a tweet saying that the Bills are flying back to Buffalo tonight. If that is the case, I don't think they'll be playing tomorrow. If there was a chance of that happening, they'd surely stay in Cincinnatti over night?

I don't think anything will be decided until Hamlin's condition is known so its all kind of up in the air. I don't think the NFL even knows.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

Not much to say that hasn't been said already, but seeing the looks on the faces of Allen & Diggs, and the reactions of other teammates (e.g. Tre, Neal, Oliver, etc.) was heartbreaking and gutting.

The game, seeding, etc. are irrelevant and unimportant to me.  Just need Hamlin to pull through and get better.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, boyst said:

A link for what?  I sent you a PM on who I spoke with.

I can't link the Instagram without outting a contact. 

I'm not asking you to out anybody.

I'm just trying to figure out how to handle an out of date charity that might not be what him or his family actually prefer

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

There's a tweet saying that the Bills are flying back to Buffalo tonight. If that is the case, I don't think they'll be playing tomorrow. If there was a chance of that happening, they'd surely stay in Cincinnatti over night?

And what does this mean for the result of the game? 

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Is it from anyone reputable?  Diggs ubered to the hospital and I doubt they’d leave him behind 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

23 minutes ago, SDS said:

agreed. He started walking on the field and I thought to myself well this is weird. And then looking at him I turned my wife and said I think he’s crying. And that’s when they started scanning the faces of the other players on the team. Not at that point something wasn’t right.

I know there are some people here who do it for a living - but I can say the one time I saw real CPR being performed on someone it was brutal to see - I had to turn away.  I can only imagine the shock of also seeing AED being used.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.