Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

Just now, Bills!Win! said:

I have to go to sleep for work tomorrow. The game would’ve been ending right about now. How am I supposed sleep with all of this on my mind? I’m dreading waking up and checking TBD. I’m so concerned 

Take a deep breath. Focus on what you can control. Wake up tomorrow, check for an update, and try to be the best version of yourself possible.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Sad 1

Everyone has been amazing - but watching the reaction of Cincy's coaches, players & fans, and seeing how they're immediately posting the link to the charity, and just all of it. It's really beautiful.  Nothing but love for that city right now.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

46 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

If he is not basing his tweet on word from medical officials,  he needs to be fired.  At this point,  no one should speculate or make firm statements unless backed by medical staff of the UC hospital 

It’s more than that, with the permission of the family.  Being a marketing rep or agent or friend does not authorize you to release medical information.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BlazinBill said:

I'm not surprised at all - completely respect both the Bengals and Bills for calling it as it was- if true the NFL reaction reminds me of stuff I was exposed to in the military during drills and seeing ***** happen and just had to push through - giant difference that was training for war not to play a *****in football game- disgusted and I think it's time to hang it up 

My ship transited the Strait of Malacca in 2016.

The USS MCCAIN transited it a year later in 2017. 10 sailors died. All 10 were in the same department I was in and 1/3 were in the same division I was in- same type of destroyer. The berthing/workspaces that they were lost in were ours as well. It could have been us but it was the MCCAIN.

That's how fragile life is, how things like this are UTTERLY INEXPLICABLE. I was devastated then like I am now...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, SDS said:

The only thing he says is that it’s floating around. I don’t think that confirms anything.

The only thing he says is that it’s floating around. I don’t think that confirms anything.

Got a story up on ABC 7 out of Buffalo now also.

Am leaning toward letting it go.

Thoughts?

It seems to be believed that Jordan Rooney's tweet is from a legitimate source. If so, and he is taking the information from the medical professionals, then it's as positive as it can be considering the circumstances (as per follow up tweets from MDs).

That's what I'll try to tell myself as I attempt to sleep tonight.

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I assume if they do fly out it will be on the officially planned flight, which is at 1.30am. Not sure if it is from anyone reputable though; I trust tweets posted on here as more would have a feel for reliable Bills sources than I do.

As an aside, if it is the case, I expect some Bills staff to remain in Cincinnati.

yea, I’d be surprised if they are out substantially early which means some waiting

You still need to get crew to the planes, load things etc… it’s not instant to move a group like this. Maybe a shade early but not a moments notice.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Everyone has been amazing - but watching the reaction of Cincy's coaches, players & fans, and seeing how they're immediately posting the link to the charity, and just all of it. It's really beautiful.  Nothing but love for that city right now.

Their coaches have come into their biggest game of the season. They've started the game on fire. Everything is going their way. 

And, in a moment, they have put all that to one side and put an opposition player's welfare before everything they've all been working all year for.

It was incredible to see.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

Just now, Fallser said:

It’s legit. It’s not a new go fund me, it was established weeks ago. 

It was established years ago and we don't know for sure if it is still active or whether it is something Hamlin is still currently invloved with or whether he ahs a differecnt preference

2 minutes ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

My ship transited the Strait of Malacca in 2016.

The USS MCCAIN transited it a year later in 2017. 10 sailors died. All 10 were in the same department I was in and 1/3 were in the same division I was in- same type of destroyer. The berthing/workspaces that they were lost in were ours as well. It could have been us but it was the MCCAIN.

That's how fragile life is, how things like this are UTTERLY INEXPLICABLE. I was devastated then like I am now...

Your not alone and I'm sorry for the pain you felt and feel - life is way to short and gets scary quick and when the real moments hit they stay with you - some ***** you just don't shake 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just joining in from New Zealand.

I just got home and had big plans to watch the game on delay.  I've only just began reading about what happened.

What horrible news.

All the best to you, Damar.  Kia Kaha!

God bless.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, Simon said:

It was established years ago and we don't know for sure if it is still active or whether it is something Hamlin is still currently invloved with or whether he ahs a differecnt preference

it’s like whack-a-mole now. If it makes field people feel better… 🤷🏻 it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

For anyone criticizing or questioning why the Bills (or at least, most of them) would fly back to Buffalo...remember they planned to fly back tonight, not stay in a hotel. Consider the 53 active players + inactives + coaches + trainers and equipment and press...must be 100 people. How are you going to book rooms for 100 people, surely at multiple hotels, and move all the stuff and deal with the fact no one packed to stay...and for what? They cannot go to the hospital. They want to be near family and each other and pray and wait for news.  They're in an unprecedented situation as a team and will deal with it as best they can. 

Yeah, true.  But it’s easier and perversely fun to just throw stones with an iPad while sitting on the sofa.

• Like (+1) 1

In all respects, football is entertainment, I genuinely hope he is not only ok, but able to carry on with his life in a planned respect.  I’m scared to death for him and his family,  I can’t imagine the pain his family is dealing with.  Prayers to him and his family.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, The Red King said:

There is no way at all they play tomorrow.

yep. and This game is not getting made up imo. The NFL season moves on.  it’s not stopping for Buffalo and Cincinnati to fit a game in on short rest.  The next game will be vs NE and i think the NFL will figure out a fair 3 way tie breaker if necessary. or call this game a tie, or a forfeit.  

Doesn’t really matter, i think we all agree just get our guy up and out of the hospital.

Was at the game. Worst thing I've ever witnessed in person. It's hard to put it into words. Very somber walk out of the stadium, fans not speaking as we walked through The Banks & across the bridge to the hotels in Kentucky (last 24 hrs it was nothing but "Go Bills" & "Who Dey!" Going back and forth). Every fan in the stadium seemed to feel the game should be cancelled. Football doesn't matter very much right now. Just hope Hamlin's ok. I'm not sure how the players can go back out and play after this now or next week or again this season frankly. If Hamlin's ok that's all that matters. 🙏

• Like (+1) 9
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

15 minutes ago, muppy said:

yolo so many unprecedented things in one season for one football team to have had to have gone through within their community in one year.  What with the Tops shooting, 2 snow events and now this. horrible freakish injury. I have no doubt that the team at this point is very much like we are. Just in shock, devastated for one of our own.  The most we can all do is extend as much love and positivity and prayers for Mr Hamlin to fully recover. A human life trumps a football game 100% of the time. and I never meant to infer otherwise.  I'm praying for he, his family, friends, teammates all of that.   Buffalo STRONG

@leh-nerd skin-erd

Don’t forget Danes gruesome injury, Hyde’s spinal injury and Knox’s brothers death. Yeah it’s been a brutal season 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

True. I'll just say that there's no protocol for this. It's a violent game of high speed collisions between big athletic young men, and thank God this particular circumstance has never arisen before. So it's fair to criticize, but I'm not interested in creating villains here out of what was a horrible accident. At some later point it's time to have a discussion again about player safety and whether simple tweaks to the rules are enough. We've seen a few really shocking injuries on the field this year and I'm starting to wonder whether this sport is just unavoidably unsafe at the professional level.

Not saying it makes it any better, but there are careers out there where people do die more often than you’d think not to mention long term disability/ailments. At the end of the day, just as in football, people sign up for this stuff. I can’t ever think of a football player dying from playing football and what we say tonight appears to be a freak occurrence. How many years how football been around? The game is safe than it’s ever been, this game isn’t going anywhere and rightfully so. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They could just not have a week off between the Championship Games and the Super Bowl

They aren't changing the whole NFL schedule for one game.  They likely had contingency plans from COVID for a team that could not play all its games. They will reference that and just play 16 games.  

• Agree 1

Just now, BillsFanSD said:

Why would Bills players still be at the stadium?

Totally speculating, but seeing as they were planning to go home afyer the game, they may not have anywhere to go. Maybe the team is trying to find a hotel or wait for their flight home 

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.