Damar Hamlin - Now (1/11/2023) discharged from Buf Gen & “recovering at home”

SDS

3 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

What are they supposed to show?

Hell the shot of them all kneeling doesn't really show their faces crying if they have to show anything, but it's not like they have anything to show anyway. There's nothing happening, they're showing the same clips over and over again.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I'm not asking you to out anybody.

I'm just trying to figure out how to handle an out of date charity that might not be what him or his family actually prefer

Fair enough.  I don't think anyone has spoken with his family to confirm this. I know that players are supporting this link, I've seen a few now.

I have the same trepidations to donate, fwiw 

2 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I don't think anything will be decided until Hamlin's condition is known so its all kind of up in the air. I don't think the NFL even knows.

They're currently playing out different scenarios. If Hamlin is stable tomorrow morning, this game will be played this week. 

For anyone criticizing or questioning why the Bills (or at least, most of them) would fly back to Buffalo...remember they planned to fly back tonight, not stay in a hotel. Consider the 53 active players + inactives + coaches + trainers and equipment and press...must be 100 people. How are you going to book rooms for 100 people, surely at multiple hotels, and move all the stuff and deal with the fact no one packed to stay...and for what? They cannot go to the hospital. They want to be near family and each other and pray and wait for news.  They're in an unprecedented situation as a team and will deal with it as best they can. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the most unbelievable season. 

yolo so many unprecedented things in one season for one football team to have had to have gone through within their community in one year.  What with the Tops shooting, 2 snow events and now this. horrible freakish injury. I have no doubt that the team at this point is very much like we are. Just in shock, devastated for one of our own.  The most we can all do is extend as much love and positivity and prayers for Mr Hamlin to fully recover. A human life trumps a football game 100% of the time. and I never meant to infer otherwise.  I'm praying for he, his family, friends, teammates all of that.   Buffalo STRONG

@leh-nerd skin-erd

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'm not asking you to out anybody.

I'm just trying to figure out how to handle an out of date charity that might not be what him or his family actually prefer

from his agent/friend. No link, but he mentions the toy drive which is the charity being shared.

• Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Is it from anyone reputable?  Diggs ubered to the hospital and I doubt they’d leave him behind 

I assume if they do fly out it will be on the officially planned flight, which is at 1.30am. Not sure if it is from anyone reputable though; I trust tweets posted on here as more would have a feel for reliable Bills sources than I do.

As an aside, if it is the case, I expect some Bills staff to remain in Cincinnati.

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

They're currently playing out different scenarios. If Hamlin is stable tomorrow morning, this game will be played this week. 

Agree but certainly not decided until more is known about his condition. So rather than stay in limbo, it would make sense for the Bills players to go home.

10 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They’ll continue the game imo…bills will probably fly back out there.  Maybe they’ll push the bills pats Sunday game back a bit.  

I had someone very close to me go into full cardiac arrest for over 12 minutes.  He was put into a medically induced coma, intubated and cooled.  2 days later he was up and walking around his hospital room and he's gone on to make a full recovery.  Based on what we're hearing now, I'm hoping we hear similarly good news by tomorrow afternoon.  If that's the case, Bills could be finishing this game on Wednesday morning.  Then move the final week games to Monday.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, ToGoGo said:

he is under a medically induced coma and likely will be under for 24 hrs.

even if his vitals sre stable we don’t know about hear damage or any other damage from a lack of oxygen.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan4 said:

from his agent/friend. No link, but he mentions the toy drive which is the charity being shared.

Thanks man.

I was really struggling with how to deal with that one.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'm not surprised at all - completely respect both the Bengals and Bills for calling it as it was- if true the NFL reaction reminds me of stuff I was exposed to in the military during drills and seeing ***** happen and just had to push through - giant difference that was training for war not to play a *****in football game- disgusted and I think it's time to hang it up 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I haven't posted, but I have been reading and following along everything in this thread.  Like most of you, I was shook by what I saw and this thread was helpful for me to process it all.  You guys are great.

Just as the Bills and Bengals players came together over this, we should as well.  Everybody probably needs a little more grace tonight.

I'm going to bed.  Thanks again, everyone.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I assume he had a blocked / brokn trachea which would block his airflow which would eventually stop his heart. They restarted his heart and then would need airflow restarted. Many trauma nurses on Twitter have said this is recoverable BUT the big question is how long his brain and organs went without oxygen and what damage is done. It’s not likely that will be known for days so I doubt they will be playing tomorrow either which means the teams likely won’t can’t play this game this week. 

I hate to bring up the prospect of playing this game but I think the obvious solution is to push the playoffs back a week, play this game in 2 weeks and lose the 2 week break between the Conference title games and the Super Bowl.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

I think that's a garbage report.  Buses haevn't even picked them up from the stadium yet and Diggs ubered to the hospital

Even if they were not playing till after Sundays game, I wouldn’t expect anyone one on the  Bills would want to leave right away. They ALL would want to be there for their brother and his family. 

1 minute ago, Beast said:

I hate to bring up the prospect of playing this game but ai think the obvious solution is to push the playoffs back a week, play this game in 2 weeks and lose the 2 week break between the Conference title games and the Super Bowl.

I had actually completely forgotten about that break.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Thanks man.

I was really struggling with how to deal with that one.

I feel for you.  You did the right thing until it being confirmed.  I just found this from Channel 7 in Buffalo if that helps.

https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news/fans-donate-to-damar-hamlins-charity-the-chasing-ms-foundation-community-toy-drive

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.