Josh Rosen Cut

arcadia bob

31 minutes ago, wppete said:

His humility is so heart warming.  He is the “Anti-Josh Josh”. (TM* pending)

At least now he has more time to work on his serve and volley. He could probably do a great Djokovic imitation. Except Djokovic can actually play his sport at a high level. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

This guy is right up there with Ryan Leaf as one of the biggest top 10 draft pick busts of all time, especially at the QB position.

Thank god the Bills didn't draft him.

I still recall watching the draft with a bunch of guys and when the pick was made, saying to the guy next to me “Not the Josh I expected “

Glad I was wrong!!

I remember draft day - I'm usually one of the fans who trusts the front office, and was all in on whoever they picked. So I was fine w/ the Allen pick and got behind it.

But I do remember thinking that Rosen was probably more of a "sure thing."  It's crazy when I think about that whole draft now.  I thought Darnold would be amazing, and lamented that we couldn't get him.

Man, did things work out. Beane deserves all kinds of credit - I doubt even he saw what Allen would become, but he not only picked the right Josh, but the right QB from that entire draft. Which was one of the most hyped QB drafts in years.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Thrown into two bad situations but he surely didn't help himself either.

Can't feel too badly for him tho, he has earned nearly $19 million for doing nothing.  Not as impressive as Jamarcus Russel's almost $40 million for doing nothing, but not far behind. At least Russell started for a while.

Set for life, doing nothing- God bless America…😉

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, \GoBillsInDallas/ said:

:P

I just spent some time reading through part of that thread..

Lots of not so great takes from people with "strong" opinions on a lot of other topics..

I'll admit to not liking the pick either but I think I said words to the effect of "hoping for the best" afterwards... seems to have worked out ok...

He really wasn't THAT bad in Arizona. Rosen, Mayfield and Darnold have fallen prey to bad coaching and poorly run organizations. Not that I think any of these guys are or could be as good as Allen, but I definitely think had the bills picked any of these guys, they would've been more successful under the bills front office. Either way, I'm glad we got allen

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Yeah my favorite thread ever together with this beauty:

85-90% of posters wanted Rosen when we were picking. Fun times :)

well I wanted Lamar…anyone who wanted Josh or Lamar are free of feeling any shame….Josh is proving to be the best tho! 

44 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I like the Chiefs fan Zerovoltz who specifically joined the forum to troll us for taking Allen after we traded our Mahomes pick to KC the year before..

A sliding doors moment. If we hadn’t traded the pick and chosen Mahomes, how would he have fared here? And who would they have picked instead? 

• Like (+1) 1

Man it is so hard for me to understand why a guy that had that much talent in college can't take the jump to the NFL . We've seen it before with others like Losman, EJ & others here in B/lo i guess it's the coaching & how they put people around them as rookies to progress .

I'm so glad the Bills have gotten that part figured out it kind of makes you wonder if he could have been a different player if he had been given a different path I wanted him to be the Bills draft pick when he came out i am so glad i'm not the Bills GM that would have been another disaster of the Bills !! 

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

My god!   Looking back at that draft thread, you all were so depressed over the Allen pick.   Now we all pray to the altar of Allen.

I got to say i think it was the Local Radio personalities that formed a hive mentality together and persuaded you all in B-lo that it was the wrong pick, leading up to the draft.

I wasn't listening to them much and thought nothing of it and was excited based on his highlight reel and Mel Kiper having him #1 overall at one point on his big board

It wasn't really a National opinion that the pick was all that bad at 7

2 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I generally stay out of the draft debate, but this guy had trouble written all over him.  As bad as the "nine mistakes" comment was in retrospect, I can almost admire the guy for his belief in himself.  The part about thinking about pretending to be happy though, that's it. That's the part of his personality that made me believe he was going to trouble in a locker room.   It went hand in hand with his pre-draft political comments and how he would debate anyone who disagreed with him.   

To be that much of a d bag and thrive as a Qb on a pro team, you gave to be really, really, really good.  

Is this a veiled reference to Aaron Rodgers?

2 hours ago, KingBoots8 said:

We’re the nine mistakes on draft day the teams that passed on him or the number of teams he signed with since then?

I *think* he’s only been on six teams, so he needs to collect 3 more teams for the latter

13 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

Is this a veiled reference to Aaron Rodgers?

Where did the “veiled” part come in?

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.