You know you must suck when you have to go to Mexico to play football...

Big Turk

Why are you piling on a random, undrafted player who is just trying to make a living playing the sport he loves?

Good for him. Someone is willing to pay him to play football.

• Like (+1) 33
  • Agree 13
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 13

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why are you piling on a random, undrafted player who is just trying to make a living playing the sport he loves?

Cuz he's "The Big Turk"! Or he found someone he thinks sucks more than he. Whatever keeps him from beating his dog is fine.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Dude couldn't hack it in the CFL or Arena League... hopefully he doesn't get Montezuma's Revenge.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-auburn-quarterback-signs-play-220015379.html

He’s still getting paid to play so he doesn’t have an issue if that’s his objective.  You on the other hand - what’s your issue?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Turk being Turk, 

I’m gonna go make a sandwich…

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Dude couldn't hack it in the CFL or Arena League... hopefully he doesn't get Montezuma's Revenge.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/former-auburn-quarterback-signs-play-220015379.html

If you like this story, you should look into the John Grisham book Playing For Pizza.  A guy blows an unblowable game keeping the Browns out of the Super Bowl and ends up playing semi-pro in Italy. Funny read, great book, IMO. I highly recommend it. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

I thought it was gonna be Manziel or Swag Kelly based on the title.

nope, just some kid. Bizarro

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Jeremy Johnson has had a great deal of misfortune with football. 

He was touted as a Heisman favorite and opened the season against an unknown true freshman named Lamar Jackson 😳, he was not the best QB on the field that day.

In all honesty though Johnson was never that good at Auburn, just a highly touted recruit that didn't pan out. He always seemed like a good citizen though.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LewPort71 said:

and there is a message on a Mexican soccer message board saying player "X"  must

really suck if he is playing in the MLS  instead of Liga MX.

Maybe that’s what Mexican soccer fans would say if they weren’t too busy killing each other

Edited by gobills404
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

I really don't understand the purpose of this thread. I seen the mods shut down ones for less than this. Someone please put this one in the trash bin.

You will miss this thread when it's gone

• Haha (+1) 2

"Suck" is a relative term. Most people would love to have his "suckiness". I'm sure he is in the top 10th of a percent of all QB's in the world when including all colleges, high schools, etc.

I also agree with @BuffaloBill [can't tag him here for some reason], who said Johnson must really love football. Some people actually pay to be in a sports league. For example, there used to be an adult women's pro football league in the US called the WPFL. Some team had their members pay $800 or so a year in fees for 6 games just to be able to play, though technically their contracts said they received a salary of $1 per year.

16 hours ago, MJS said:

Auburn wouldn't even pay him though....

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Hes betting on himself and going all in.  When he starts something he commits 100%. If you want to take the Baja first you must burn the donkeys.   

17 hours ago, Big Turk said:

You aren't good enough to play in that league. Why are you breaking someone balls who has nothing to do with Buffalo?

Edited by uticaclub

On 3/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, Big Turk said:

So did he have to learn spanish in order to call the plays or was that one of his electives in college ? 

You talk about a tough time learning a new offense can you imagine having to not only learning the new offense but having to learn a new language in order to tell every one in the huddle what you are going to call ?? OMG !! 😆

At least in Canada all's he had to learn toads is A to the end of his sentences LOL ... A

Edited by T master

On 3/6/2022 at 1:47 PM, Big Turk said:

I thought Montezuma's Revenge was the name of the Mexican football team.. I was thinking what a fantastic name

On 3/6/2022 at 9:22 PM, Southern_Bills said:

Jeremy Johnson has had a great deal of misfortune Malzahn with football. 

FIFY

On 3/6/2022 at 9:22 PM, Southern_Bills said:

He was touted as a Heisman favorite and opened the season against an unknown true freshman named Lamar Jackson 😳, he was not the best QB on the field that day.

In all honesty though Johnson was never that good at Auburn, just a highly touted recruit that didn't pan out. He always seemed like a good citizen though.

Under Malzahn, Auburn was the place QBs went to wreck their career.

Stidham was another highly touted "Heisman" possibility Malzahn ruined.

Regarding Johnson, I don't get the piling on by the OP either.

Its' not like Johnson is Manziel or "Manziel-esque". A train wreck you can't help but to watch.

Talking about how bad someone has to be, Manziel is now playing in the Fan Controlled Football League.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.