Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

9 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Has this been mentioned anywhere? I just noticed that last year we played Titans/Chiefs week 5 and 6 and this year it's Chiefs/Titans same weeks. Odd coincidence, let's hope it goes better this season

Josh isn't injured this time. And those two teams defenses are even worse than last year.

20 minutes ago, Bigvinny said:

people freaked out about losing John Brown but Sanders Is a big upgrade. His experienced in these types of games will be big.

He also has a lot of experience with KC.  Since 2018 (Mahomes era) 3 games with DEN (pretty meh QBs) and 1 game with NO (old Drew Brees).

In those 4 games his stat line is:  18 catches on 22 targets (82%) for 238 yards (13.2 yards/catch).  He is helping the other WRs with his knowledge.

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I'll bet that is the number one thing that Daboll, Josh and the receivers have been working on all week.  The thing about the press and the

grabbing does is open up the possibility of getting behind them with the right moves.  There could be some long balls thrown by JA Sunday night. 

i dont remember how much we stacked receivers last year, but bunch sets would seem to help get more free releases.  Seems we like to really spread folks out usually so maybe a bunch could give Diggs and co. some room to run.

Edited by YattaOkasan
  • Agree 1

We could talk all day and night about the various matchups, scheme minutiae, and variables for this game.

Instead, I'll say it's pretty simple:

If Good Josh shows up -- the guy we saw against Seattle, the Rams, the 49ers, and the Dolphins in 2020 -- the Bills win. If it's Bad Josh -- the guy who's jittery, hyper, who gets overwhelmed by weather or setting or opponent -- the Bills lose.

I know, I know....not too earth shattering to say that if our quarterback plays very well, we win. But to me, it's just that simple. The rest of the matchups are either even or favor Buffalo. THE key variable is QB vs QB. Where for art thou, Good Josh?

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

We could talk all day and night about the various matchups, scheme minutiae, and variables for this game.

If Good Josh shows up -- the guy we saw against Seattle, the Rams, the 49ers, and the Dolphins in 2020 -- the Bills win. If it's Bad Josh -- the guy who's jittery, hyper, who gets overwhelmed by weather or setting or opponent -- the Bills lose.

I know, I know....not too earth shattering to say that if our quarterback plays very well, we win. But to me, it's just that simple. The rest of the matchups are either even or favor Buffalo. THE key variable is QB vs QB. Where for art thou, Good Josh?

Yes, it's hard to argue with this. I do think a strong rushing game will help facilitate the appearance of good Josh. The other side of that equation is putting pressure on Mahomes who has shown himself susceptible to turnovers. No doubt KC will be hyped for this game, but if we play smart, they are beatable.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Stop paying attention to him. He’s playing a role. The more you guys Feed into this stuff the more it plays to he and ESPNs favor. 

It's more than a role.  This dude has a vendetta against this team and Josh after getting Pinto Ronned last season.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YattaOkasan said:

i dont remember how much we stacked receivers last year, but bunch sets would seem to help get more free releases.  Seems we like to really spread folks out usually so maybe a bunch could give Diggs and co. some room to run.

They spread out to make it easier on Josh reading the defense I think.

1 hour ago, The Red King said:

I'm greedy and hoping Buffalo crushes KC.  Get the monkey off our back and send notice to the league.  If Buffalo thrashes KC at Arrowhead other teams may start outright fearing us, and fear goes a long way.

Hell, I can dream, right?

Haven't you been paying attention to the media? If we crush KC, the reaction will be "What is wrong with the Chiefs?" I saw a tagline to a segment on NFL Live yesterday that said "Are the Bills shutouts legit, or an illusion".

So although a victory over the Chiefs will make it impossible for anyone to rank us anywhere below #1, there will still be those that say we won because the Chiefs are struggling, so that they don't have to admit we are good.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, Logic said:

I agree and it wouldn't hurt if our run game is working too.  Kill that clock towards the end of the game if we have a lead.

5 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Haven't you been paying attention to the media? If we crush KC, the reaction will be "What is wrong with the Chiefs?" I saw a tagline to a segment on NFL Live yesterday that said "Are the Bills shutouts legit, or an illusion".

So although a victory over the Chiefs will make it impossible for anyone to rank us anywhere below #1, there will still be those that say we won because the Chiefs are struggling, so that they don't have to admit we are good.

Don’t let it bother you one way or the other. Win or lose, neither us or the Chiefs need the validation of pundits nationally, locally, or anywhere in between to justify their status in the league. It’s the fifth game of the season with 12 more to follow. Let’s see where everyone is at the end. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

As the week goes on I feel like Buffalo wins by 10 without Allen playing a A++ game.  Buffalo doesnt need Allen to throw 50 times for 400 yards.  On offense run the ball move the chains.  When a big play is available hit it.  This game isnt the AFC championship game.  It is not the superbowl.  Keep doing whats working.  Throw away what is not.  

Personally, I want to see what Mcdermott and Frazier do against KC.  Imo drop Hughes and Addison and bring them as a secondary rush.  Obada if healthy brings something to the rush.  On third and 10 plus. Play coverage.  Rush 3.  Press Kelce and delay rush the 4th. 

• Like (+1) 2

23 hours ago, appoo said:

haha its all good. It's pretty damn silly honestly. But you definitely see players have certain looks which they think makes them play better. It's pure superstition which disguises ones own psychological games they play on themselves. 

I mean stefon diggs arms sleeves are always rolled into his shoulder pads, presumably because he thinks it's more aerodynamic or maybe makes it harder for DBs to grab him or something. 

14717843_web1_Colts-Bills-Football.jpg?c

Sanders on the way he dresses...you dress good you feel good, you feel good you play good :)

23 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

As the week goes on I feel like Buffalo wins by 10 without Allen playing a A++ game.  Buffalo doesnt need Allen to throw 50 times for 400 yards.  On offense run the ball move the chains.  When a big play is available hit it.  This game isnt the AFC championship game.  It is not the superbowl.  Keep doing whats working.  Throw away what is not.  

Personally, I want to see what Mcdermott and Frazier do against KC.  Imo drop Hughes and Addison and bring them as a secondary rush.  Obada if healthy brings something to the rush.  On third and 10 plus. Play coverage.  Rush 3.  Press Kelce and delay rush the 4th. 

I really think Allen needs to have one of the best games of his career even for us to have a chance to win.

Everyone talks about the Bills motivation to prove they can win this type of game after two mostly non competitive games last year, but the chiefs know that despite starting 2-2 a win in this game gets them right back into the thick of the AFC West and #1 overall seed, plus they send a message to the Bills and rest of the NFL in the process just like the Pats did for so many years when everyone wanted to bury them because of a slow start to the season. And sadly that's what I see happening with the Chiefs this year, once they get their defense tweaked a bit they will go on one of those tears where they win out or go something like 11-2 the rest of the way likely getting the #1 seed like the Pats seemed to do year after year.

Am I missing something?  Isn’t KC a .500 team right now with two losses already?  Sure, they are a very talented team, but the way some people are talking, they are an unstoppable train that will require every Bills player to have the greatest game of their lives. C’mon people!  It will be a tough game, but there is absolutely no reason to think Buffalo can’t win this game. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 hour ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Maybe, but that will be a lazy narrative. The Chiefs have been beaten so far by two opponents who lost to the Chiefs last year in very close games. The Ravens and Chargers are no slouches. Time for the Bills to add to the list of teams getting revenge for 2020. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I really think Allen needs to have one of the best games of his career even for us to have a chance to win.

Everyone talks about the Bills motivation to prove they can win this type of game after two mostly non competitive games last year, but the chiefs know that despite starting 2-2 a win in this game gets them right back into the thick of the AFC West and #1 overall seed, plus they send a message to the Bills and rest of the NFL in the process just like the Pats did for so many years when everyone wanted to bury them because of a slow start to the season. And sadly that's what I see happening with the Chiefs this year, once they get their defense tweaked a bit they will go on one of those tears where they win out or go something like 11-2 the rest of the way likely getting the #1 seed like the Pats seemed to do year after year.

I don't at all. KCs defense has been among the worst in the NFL, they have allowed the most points in the NFL and the Bills have not played great and lead the NFL in point differential.

Yeah KC is going to most likely get points but so are we. Jalen Hurts looked like an AllPro against them putting up almost 400 yards of total offense himself.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He also has a lot of experience with KC.  Since 2018 (Mahomes era) 3 games with DEN (pretty meh QBs) and 1 game with NO (old Drew Brees).

In those 4 games his stat line is:  18 catches on 22 targets (82%) for 238 yards (13.2 yards/catch).  He is helping the other WRs with his knowledge.

He was on the 49ers team that lost to KC in the Super Bowl too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, K-9 said:

Don’t let it bother you one way or the other. Win or lose, neither us or the Chiefs need the validation of pundits nationally, locally, or anywhere in between to justify their status in the league. It’s the fifth game of the season with 12 more to follow. Let’s see where everyone is at the end. 

One could argue that it doesn’t matter where teams are at the end, if the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. The road to the Super Bowl likely goes through KC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

One could argue that it doesn’t matter where teams are at the end, if the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. The road to the Super Bowl likely goes through KC.

Thanks Einstein!

Sorry, had to do it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.