Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

#1 Easiest schedule vs Offenses is an asinine stat. Bills have played the easiest because the teams they played got shut down. They couldn't be the #1 Defense without that being true.

Edited by 947
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, 947 said:

#1 Easiest schedule vs Offenses is a ######ed stat. Bills have played the easiest because the teams they played got shut down. They couldn't be the #1 Defense without that being true.

#1 Easiest schedule vs Offenses is a ######ed stat. Bills have played the easiest because the teams they played got shut down. They couldn't be the #1 Defense without that being true.

Awe, who peed in your Fruit Loops this morning?  Just enjoy right ride, bud!

(damn, sorry for the extra "nuts" today folks.  meds aren't working so great I guess.  But I'm fired up!)

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts

1 minute ago, 947 said:

#1 Easiest schedule vs Offenses is a ######ed stat. Bills have played the easiest because the teams they played got shut down. They couldn't be the #1 Defense without that being true

Regardless of who they've played, to me the defense has looked much better than this time last season. Question is will it hold up? All defenses are going to get beat on many occasions when playing teams like KC and other teams with high power offenses. So I mean I expect them to have a tough time with KC.

As long as they do enough to keep KC from piling up points scoring on nearly every possession this time and hopefully make a play or 2 and get a TO.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Josh & Mahommes Hype video.

Nice 3 minute watch to get you ready for what should be a great game

Man I so want this to happen this time. Both times there's been all this build up for an epic game and neither time did it really feel that way to me. Maybe it's because we lost but I just want to see both these teams playing there best, I want us to win most of all of course, but a great game is easily second on my list.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, 947 said:

#1 Easiest schedule vs Offenses is an asinine stat. Bills have played the easiest because the teams they played got shut down. They couldn't be the #1 Defense without that being true.

Also just to add....even with those offenses Bills have played so far, Bills D SHUT OUT 2 teams out of 4 games. That's what sticks out to me. It's still not common to completely keep any team from putting up absolutely nothing on the score board even with bad offenses.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No practice this week for Jones 

Considering he's one of the main reasons I wasn't a fan of resigning Feliciano, talk about a massive break if he doesn't play this week.

Still taking nothing for granted and still think spagnola will have this defense ready and come up with something to try and get in Allen's head again early in the game.

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

By every measuring stick so far, anyway. It’s insane actually that their offense is unstoppable when they alone don’t stop themselves. Should we get them in 4th Down situations, don’t be surprised if they go for it, regardless of field position.

1 minute ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Never like to see this, hopefully he has a good support system and is working with trained professionals. 

True...can definitely become a serious and dangerous issue. Silver lining for him though is he is fortunate to be wealthy enough to get the best help possible. I mean it's so very many with this type of problem that can't get the best help, or any help at all.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Considering he's one of the main reasons I wasn't a fan of resigning Feliciano, talk about a massive break if he doesn't play this week.

Still taking nothing for granted and still think spagnola will have this defense ready and come up with something to try and get in Allen's head again early in the game.

So they played poorly in 4 games to get into the Bills heads?

• Haha (+1) 3

26 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Record doesn't mean crap until the end.

You do realize they had a -4 turnover differential against the Chargers and still should have won.

Also the Ravens had to put up 30+ points and have a gifted fumble.

Watch the games. KC is not an unstoppable train but so far in the season they are playing horrible on D and sloppy on offense and they are still a juggernaut.

You could usually say the same about most games with a decent team.  For example I could say we were played poorly on offense, but were a blocked punt away from a tied game and a dumb 4th down play call away from a win and "should have won" against the Steelers.

Shoulda, woulda, coulda.  But we didn't.

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Chris Jones is the only blue chip player they have on defense. If he is out that makes up for Milano's injury. There is no reason we can't move the ball at will against them. Just have to execute.

I agree on moving the ball but don’t forget about Mathieu, he is a really nice player

Im feeling better than either matchup a year ago.  Allen is playing under control, and the offense is coming together.  All the weapons seem to be healthy aswell.  The defense will have some wrinkles for KC. Basham and Obada I expect to see at DT on passing downs.  I think Buffalo wins and I do not believe it comes down to the final possession either. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 947 said:

It's also true that a washed Big Ben, Jacoby Brissett, Taylor Heinicke, and....I have no idea who the Texans QB was off the top of my head....are pretty low end QBs. 

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

The good news is even if he does play, they moved Jones to DE so he wouldn't be lined up against Feliciano.

He is struggling at DE by the sounds of it, well at least relative to his own standards

1 hour ago, RichRiderBills said:

Honey badger?

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I agree on moving the ball but don’t forget about Mathieu, he is a really nice player

He has fallen off this year. Probably still the best player in their secondary but only by default.

I just saw Frank Clark is back for this game so he makes up some of what they lose with Chris Jones but we can handle him if he's all we have to worry about.

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

welp, Keyshawn just continued his Bills hating from last year. Said the Chiefs hang 40 to the bills 17.... The chiefs defense has been a complete sieve all year and they finally work it out vs the 2nd highest scoring team in the league??? Good Lord. 

He's probably playing the nick wright angle. He knows bad publicity with bills fans generate the most views. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.