Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

All I have to say, is Coach and team better bring the aggressiveness. 

Well discussed after last year's losses, but we need to be aggressive on offense going for it on 4th down and not settling for FGs.

On defense, I don't trust our front 4 to deliver consistent/ reliable pressure.  Inconsistent production and KCs OL is much improved and playing solid.  I'd rather we dial up some blitzes and try to force negative plays.  We need a few stops/Fg instead of TD moments, and I can live with giving up chunk plays at times.  Mahomes and KC offense is going to put up points regardless, I'd rather not have death by a thousand paper cuts.

Our redzone offense/defense is likely going to decide this game.  Nervous because our offense has been inconsistent this yr, after doing so well last season.  I think Daboll needs to get McKenzie back involved inside the 20, and go back to using the jet sweeps RPos etc.

Standings-wise, big game for playoff seeding down the road of course. But this is one of those moments where it's time to beat big brother and this could propel our confidence for a big run this season.

Go Bills!

Much of this is good. But don’t blitz mahomes. That’s a proven way to get lit up. Simulated pressure where you drop a rusher and replace with someone else. Sure. But his splits against the blitz make it unadvisable.  We blitzed once in the reg season game last year which was the more competitive of the two games. 

Forcing them to methodically move the ball has caused them to be impatient this year and has really been the only thing to stop their offense this year.  While it stinks for the fan it seems the right defensive strategy. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, YattaOkasan said:

Much of this is good. But don’t blitz mahomes. That’s a proven way to get lit up. Simulated pressure where you drop a rusher and replace with someone else. Sure. But his splits against the blitz make it unadvisable.  We blitzed once in the reg season game last year which was the more competitive of the two games. 

Forcing them to methodically move the ball has caused them to be impatient this year and has really been the only thing to stop their offense this year.  While it stinks for the fan it seems the right defensive strategy. 

To be honest I don’t really how we win just want a win !!!

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

It is the same crew that officiated the Super Bowl, however. They are known to throw more flags against the defensive secondary, and absolutely did in the big game. (The AFCCG crew, on the other hand, is statistically lenient with such calls.)

So there is that?

You made me less and more worried at the same time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

You made me less and more worried at the same time. 

With respect to the "success" Chiefs DBs had sticking to Bills WRs in the Championship Game, this is the perfect crew to squash all that blatant clutching and grabbing BS.

But yeah, I suppose that blade can cut both ways. While I don't think the Bills DBs are particularly handsy, I could see White getting flagged on a big-time, borderline pass breakup (or pick, as we've seen already this season), for example.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

With respect to the "success" Chiefs DBs had sticking to Bills WRs in the Championship Game, this is the perfect crew to squash all that blatant clutching and grabbing BS.

But yeah, I suppose that blade can cut both ways. While I don't think the Bills DBs are particularly handsy, I could see White getting flagged on a big-time, borderline pass breakup (or pick, as we've seen already this season), for example.

One of the strangest Bills storylines thus far has been how much PI they’ve been calling on White.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The only time their defense held anyone in the last 6 games was when their dbs were allowed to hold our wrs all night. We'll see if this crew allows that crap?

It’s the crew from the SB, they didn’t allow the Chiefs to do it then. Also, I’m sure McDermott pointed out his concerns with the league this week. Like hey, watch for this. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thanks for sharing, big fan of The Ringer but hadn't seen this yet! This article sort of hints at something I meant to include in my Scouting The Chiefs post which is that Frank Clark being back may not be the big upgrade to the KC defense that you would assume. His replacement Mike Danna has three sacks in the last two weeks so limiting his snaps may not be to their advantage. A case of Clark's talent/track record vs Danna's form in 2021...fingers crossed that the Chiefs make the wrong call on Sunday! 

• Like (+1) 1

I can't help thinking the Chiefs defense is going to be huge problem for them this year and that offense, while it does have lots of weapons, just one or two injuries, and that team is going downhill fast. The Bills can match offensive productivity with this team especially with how poor their defense is playing and might even surpass them. People keep saying the Bills don't match up well against them, but this is looking much more like KC doesn't match up well against Buffalo. You can bet that the Bills are chomping at the bit to prove it too. They have had the whole off season to think about the loss that kept them out of the Superbowl. You can bet they are ready for this one.

20 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

As always Bills fans travel well. However, 40% is quite impressive for being in KC. That's nearly half lol

shocking. It's usually a sea of red on TV at least... Im Impressed! #billsmafia

It sounds like the rain is continued to be predicted to either hit late in the game, or miss it entirely...with it being a warm, pleasant evening in the 70s before the rain gets there, if it ever does.

I hope the rain holds off until just after the final whistle--I don't want weather to have a single thing to do with the outcome of this game.

• Agree 2

This means absolutely nothing, but I've felt good about this game the entire week. I'm usually worrying about everything, but haven't had a moment of trepidation yet.

We're a better team than KC right now.  Their offense may be slightly better, but as an overall team, I don't think it's close - our defense may be top 5 or at least 10 by the end of the year, and theirs is terrible.

Of course they could win - Mahomes could do his usual thing, and they could get all or most of the breaks. But we win this game 8x out of 10.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/5/2021 at 8:38 AM, Gugny said:

They're also giving up over 31 points/game and have scored exactly as many points through four weeks as the Bills.

And yes ... I do think we've closed the gap.  Just because they have a better QB and a better TE, it doesn't mean they're the better team.

I myself don't believe they have a better qb or a better te.  They have more players that are considered elite by a large consensus of fans and since they have won a SB they have a larger recognition factor among fans of other teams.  They have quality players  but Bills have alot of quality players as well just less recognized even by some of Bills Mafia.  Lucky for us we have an elite front/office - coaching staff and they built up a close-knit team that does believe in each other.  

I 100% believe the Bills as a team have overtaken the Chiefs and that it will show up in how the game unfolds.  We all have seen how Josh Allen has responded when the team has fallen short.  We have yet to witness how Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs respond when they fall short of expectations.   I think if the Bills get the jump on the Chiefs early they can cause the Chiefs to fall apart and show they are a jaggerNOT and the Bills are a jaggernaut, or maybe a Jallenaut.

3 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

I myself don't believe they have a better qb or a better te.  They have more players that are considered elite by a large consensus of fans and since they have won a SB they have a larger recognition factor among fans of other teams.  They have quality players  but Bills have alot of quality players as well just less recognized even by some of Bills Mafia.  Lucky for us we have an elite front/office - coaching staff and they built up a close-knit team that does believe in each other.  

I 100% believe the Bills as a team have overtaken the Chiefs and that it will show up in how the game unfolds.  We all have seen how Josh Allen has responded when the team has fallen short.  We have yet to witness how Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs respond when they fall short of expectations.   I think if the Bills get the jump on the Chiefs early they can cause the Chiefs to fall apart and show they are a jaggerNOT and the Bills are a jaggernaut, or maybe a Jallenaut.

Well they definitely have a better TE lol. However, if Knox keeps playing the way he has been that will close the gap a little.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

As always Bills fans travel well. However, 40% is quite impressive for being in KC. That's nearly half lol

I think it would be awesome if they all had blue towels. Most I’d assume will have blue home jerseys on, but blue towels to become more visible and portraying an even bigger crowd

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I think it would be awesome if they all had blue towels. Most I’d assume will have blue home jerseys on, but blue towels to become more visible and portraying an even bigger crowd

Do I use mine from the opener, or is it "cursed"?

Edited by NE Branch

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.