Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Rich Eisen really does get it.

Pretty funny when Rich said (and I'm paraphrasing) "Bills mafia is ready for a win this Sunday night and they have the Titans next Monday night,

gonna take care of all the 'family business' at once".

Pretty good line.  I bet he smiled when he thought that one up!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Dont Stop Billeiving said:

A few thoughts:

- Hope we get Milano back healthy for this game somehow, but if he can't go, I feel more comfortable with our LB depth than I did last year. No one can fully replace what Milano does, but Klein is more comfortable in this defense and is playing at a higher level than in early 2020 plus Dodson and Smith have looked capable at this level in their limited opportunities.

- Love the comments from Sanders about already being mentally prepared for the KC secondary's aggressiveness. Think the Bills looked surprised by it and didn't know how to react to it last season, but now they know what to expect and will hopefully counter effectively. 

- Would be awesome if this could be the Gabe Davis breakout game of the 2021 season. He has a different skill set to our other weapons and hopefully he's finally healthy and can win his match ups (this week he might see a lot of Mike Hughes and I like our chances there) more often going forward. This offense could be really special with Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, and Knox all healthy and in good form.

Great post 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal had on a local Buffalo meteorologist and he says most of the heavy rain will be after the game or very end of it.  A shower here or there is likely during the game.

He's confident in his prediction but says the storm could always pick up speed.  But generally great plains weather doesn't have any surprises.

😅 Tell that to the meteorologists who predict "great plains weather" for a living

But seriously, the heavy rain and temperature drop later/at the end are what's being predicted locally in KC, but the start and stop times this far out are still hard to predict, as is the exact path

On 10/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, MAJBobby said:

What Chiefs are saying.  Would have done this last week too, but Texans board is Dead.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?s=e0598527939541e4b842845477f18a49&t=340068

In all honesty, if their D is really as bad as it looks, Josh is going to absolutely shred them.

I won’t truly believe their D is that atrocious until I actually see it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

welp, Keyshawn just continued his Bills hating from last year. Said the Chiefs hang 40 to the bills 17.... The chiefs defense has been a complete sieve all year and they finally work it out vs the 2nd highest scoring team in the league??? Good Lord. 

I'm not going 40-17, but I think the part about the defense will in fact happen.

• Eyeroll 2

11 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I'm not going 40-17, but I think the part about the defense will in fact happen.

So they haven't done anything all year so far and are probably down Jones  (hopefully) and you expect them to get it together?

2 hours ago, appoo said:

It's also true that a washed Big Ben, Jacoby Brissett, Taylor Heinicke, and....I have no idea who the Texans QB was off the top of my head....are pretty low end QBs. 

Multiple teams have faced and played those team at this point.  No other team has done that.  I dont expect them to shut out KC.  I do expect them to play much better than last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

dodgeball-strategy.gif

You guys are insufferable. The KC defense played well against us 2x last year, and they'll be on high alert for this game too. It's a big game. I expect them to have a great game plan and play well. See my full game prediction. I am not trolling. God, this is so frustrating.

It's a matchup league, a gameplan league, a week-to-week league, a big-game league. You can't just look at stats and expect them to hold. Do you actually watch football???

& I hope the Bills crush them and you call me out and troll me afterwards. I want nothing more than to be wrong and celebrate a massive win

No one called me a troll when I said the Bills would beat the Texans 41-3. I always call it like I see it. Any time that's not good for the Bills, I'm suddenly a troll. Sick of this.

Edited by Giuseppe Tognarelli
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

You guys are insufferable. The KC defense played well against us 2x last year, and they'll be on high alert for this game too. It's a big game. I expect them to have a great game plan and play well. See my full game prediction. I am not trolling. God, this is so frustrating.

It's a matchup league, a gameplan league, a week-to-week league, a big-game league. You can't just look at stats and expect them to hold. Do you actually watch football???

& I hope the Bills crush them and you call me out and troll me afterwards. I want nothing more than to be wrong and celebrate a massive win

No one called me a troll when I said the Bills would beat the Texans 41-3. I always call it like I see it. Any time that's not good for the Bills, I'm suddenly a troll. Sick of this.

Whatever Luigi

:D 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, BananaB said:

All this talk about their D but in my opinion it’s our D that gotta step up. They got manhandled in both games last year. Both units struggled against this team but I think it’s more important that our D has a good game.  

If the Bills win it will because Allen and the offense carved the KC defense. The Bills defense is important but at best they can just contain Mahomes. This defense with the front four cannot generate enough of a consistent pass rush to disrupt and stop KC. Also, the Bills have no answer or player to stop Kelce.  A hobbled Milano will get torched. Tyreke is as dangerous as ever especially if they over compensate for Kelce. CEH seems to be playing much better. Screen passes seem to be effective against the Bills. Look at the Wash game for evidence. As mentioned before, the Bills defense has faced the bottom of NFL offenses. The KC offense should be able to move the ball and score. Reid has outcoached the Bills staff by a country mile. His team will have the answers vs the Bills defense. Perhaps the pouring rain can assist the defense.

On the other hand, a sharp Allen with Diggs, newly acquired Sanders, Beasley, and now Knox presents an immense problem for the Chiefs. A serviceable running game and a great Daboll play calling should lead to a highly effective offensive scoring output.

The Bills have been great at getting turnovers. Hoping the defense can get a few and put the offense in great positions to score. 

Getting a win in Arrowhead is no easy task. I believe the Bills team will be ready. They should be mentally tough and experienced for this prime time game. I don't think the moment is too big. Josh has to come out of the gate much better than the previous games. 

Sorry for the ramble.

• Like (+1) 3

25 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Says the guy that expects arguably the worst d in football to just randomly completely turn it around against the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. 

Who actually hasn’t been watching????

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Stank_Nasty said:

Says the guy that expects arguably the worst d in football to just randomly completely turn it around against the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. 

Like I said, we'll see what happens. I just don't want you guys to never see it coming if it doesn't go well.

5 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Like I said, we'll see what happens. I just don't want you guys to never see it coming if it doesn't go well.

That sure is nice of you. I can't believe more people don't get that you're not a wet blanket because you want to be, you're a wet blanket because you care. 🙄

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

16 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Its pretty easy for the 32nd ranked D to perform better than last. Its much harder for the #2 scoring team to improve much more.

5 hours ago, MrSarcasm said:

Yep you are right...

While we are at it I suppose Denver, Carolina and all 3-1 teams are better than KC...

Stupid.

Yep, that was exactly my point.  I’m assuming you can pick up that sarcasm?  My point is that the chiefs (2-2 with the 31st ranked defense) might not be the unstoppable team that some people are making them out to be. Is that clear enough for you?  

2 minutes ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Yep, that was exactly my point.  I’m assuming you can pick up that sarcasm?  My point is that the chiefs (2-2 with the 31st ranked defense) might not be the unstoppable team that some people are making them out to be. Is that clear enough for you?  

Sorry I didn't pick that up.

If only their was some universal sign for sarcasm /s

7 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Its pretty easy for the 32nd ranked D to perform better than last. Its much harder for the #2 scoring team to improve much more.

I find it interesting that people don't understand the influence small numbers have on percentage gains. If .02 goes to .5, that's a 2,400% increase!  It's still a really small number.  I read an article that noted that the sale of non-alcoholic "cocktails" has increased at a greater percentage than alcoholic cocktails last year. Duh. It really wasn't even a category not too long ago. 

And yes, it's easier to get better when you are the bottom because slight increases mean something at that level.  

Actually I expect KC's defense to improve over the course of the season. And it could get better against the Bills. Wouldn't surprise me. But the Bills O can definately play better than they have so far this year. So it will be interesting to be sure. The Bills definately have the talent to kick KC's butt. But until it happens there will always be doubters.

• Like (+1) 1

Cynthia Frelund's ( may have spelled that wrong ) model predicts the Bills win 28-27 at 51% odds. 55% odds the Bills cover.  Not that it means much just felt like sharing.

Edit:  Just looked up her prediction model record and its 43-19 this season so far.  Not too shabby.  Last season 177-83-1

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

All I have to say, is Coach and team better bring the aggressiveness. 

Well discussed after last year's losses, but we need to be aggressive on offense going for it on 4th down and not settling for FGs.

On defense, I don't trust our front 4 to deliver consistent/ reliable pressure.  Inconsistent production and KCs OL is much improved and playing solid.  I'd rather we dial up some blitzes and try to force negative plays.  We need a few stops/Fg instead of TD moments, and I can live with giving up chunk plays at times.  Mahomes and KC offense is going to put up points regardless, I'd rather not have death by a thousand paper cuts.

Our redzone offense/defense is likely going to decide this game.  Nervous because our offense has been inconsistent this yr, after doing so well last season.  I think Daboll needs to get McKenzie back involved inside the 20, and go back to using the jet sweeps RPos etc.

Standings-wise, big game for playoff seeding down the road of course. But this is one of those moments where it's time to beat big brother and this could propel our confidence for a big run this season.

Go Bills!

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.