Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

57 minutes ago, Einstein said:

One could argue that it doesn’t matter where teams are at the end, if the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. The road to the Super Bowl likely goes through KC.

I wouldn’t make that argument at all after 5 games. We went to Arrowhead in October in 1991 and got our asses handed to us 33-6. Besides, all that matters is where teams are at the end. KC has already lost two conference games in the first four. Nothing can be determined this early. 

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I wouldn’t make that argument at all after 5 games. We went to Arrowhead in October in 1991 and got our asses handed to us 33-6. Besides, all that matters is where teams are at the end. KC has already lost two conference games in the first four. Nothing can be determined this early. 

I think maybe you missed my point. IF we can’t beat KC, then it likely doesn’t matter where we are the end, or where they are. Whether we are the 1st seed, 3rd seed, or 7th seed, we likely will have to beat KC to get to the Super Bowl. Seeding only matters in figuring out which round we have to play them.

We need to be able to beat KC for it to matter.  And if we lose Sunday, that’s 3 times in 12 months that we lost to them. Thats a lot different than 1991.

Edited by Einstein
  • Disagree 2
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

One could argue that it doesn’t matter where teams are at the end, if the Bills can’t beat the Chiefs. The road to the Super Bowl likely goes through KC.

Do you realize that this makes absolutely no sense? If you are on the podium holding up the Lombardi Trophy, THAT matters. That is the END.  Week 5 only decides……..week 5. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ugh it’s like a bunch of whining children around here. This is just a W5 football game and the Bills players and coaches aren’t worrying about whether they are jinxed against KC. It’s a good measuring stick but nothing close to determining who will go to the Super Bowl when there are 12 more games to play.

So much drama. Just enjoy the moment. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you realize that this makes absolutely no sense? If you are on the podium holding up the Lombardi Trophy, THAT matters. That is the END.  Week 5 only decides……..week 5. 

Within the context of what we were speaking, I thought “the end” meant the end of the season. Where we are seeded. Obviously not the end as in the Super Bowl winner.

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Ugh it’s like a bunch of whining children around here. This is just a W5 football game and the Bills players and coaches aren’t worrying about whether they are jinxed against KC. It’s a good measuring stick but nothing close to determining who will go to the Super Bowl when there are 12 more games to play.

So much drama. Just enjoy the moment. 

According to Sanders, you may not be totally correct. He mentioned that the players still talk about that loss to KC and he said it was like a fresh bruise and they keep going over what they could have done differently. It sounds like this game means much more to them than a random W5 game.

Edited by Einstein

8 hours ago, Einstein said:

I think maybe you missed my point. IF we can’t beat KC, then it likely doesn’t matter where we are the end, or where they are. Whether we are the 1st seed, 3rd seed, or 7th seed, we likely will have to beat KC to get to the Super Bowl. Seeding only matters in figuring out which round we have to play them.

We need to be able to beat KC for it to matter.  And if we lose Sunday, that’s 3 times in 12 months that we lost to them. Thats a lot different than 1991.

You think KC is a bad match up for the Bills? 

3 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

2019 schedule was a cake walk…. Just a slew of ***** QBs after ***** QBs…. But this team is a lot better than that 2019 team and this schedule has its fair share of middling QBs as well. 

I agree, Bills should easily win 12 games. Could see them winning 14 if they split or sweep these next two.

please get permission next time.  i'll let this slide.

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

Am I missing something?  Isn’t KC a .500 team right now with two losses already?  Sure, they are a very talented team, but the way some people are talking, they are an unstoppable train.

Record doesn't mean crap until the end.

You do realize they had a -4 turnover differential against the Chargers and still should have won.

Also the Ravens had to put up 30+ points and have a gifted fumble.

Watch the games. KC is not an unstoppable train but so far in the season they are playing horrible on D and sloppy on offense and they are still a juggernaut.

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

You do realize they had a -4 turnover differential against the Chargers and still should have won.

Watch the games. KC is not an unstoppable train but so far in the season they are playing horrible on D and sloppy on offense and they are still a juggernaut.

I get all of that.  The fact remains that they have lost half their games this season.  Are they a very good team? Absolutely.  So are the Bills. 

24 minutes ago, MrSarcasm said:

Until Monday morning, after the Bills beat them on their own field.  Then they’ll be a troubled team with injuries.   And the Bills will have been lucky to play them while they’re in such a slump. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

I get all of that.  The fact remains that they have lost half their games this season.  Are they a very good team? Absolutely.  So are the Bills. 

Lol, their record is literally a one game difference.

Edited by MrSarcasm

17 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Josh & Mahommes Hype video.

Nice 3 minute watch to get you ready for what should be a great game

Nice video.

Despite all other amazing throws Josh made last two years for me still the most memorable one is his 80y TD throw to Foster against Jags in 2018 (1.40 mark). The way how his hand strikes deadly 45y throw hitting Foster in full speed just before Allen dissapears under a pile of passrushers trying to kill him is beyond me and that was the moment I really fell in love with him.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Agree 2

The Bills are SO GOOD at universal messaging. It isn't particular to this week, but it is obvious these guys gets coached up before doing their media interviews. "Its the biggest game because its the next one". "Its a week to week league". "They have a lot of good players, a lot of weapons that can hurt you". All of the players using the same vanilla answers, not giving the opponent any bulletin board material. It is really a minor detail, but a great one that is obviously a focal point by our staff. Minor details add up to winning championships. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

"Right now, yes, he's better than mahomes outside the pocket. Theres no doubt about that"

....... cue the Chiefs fans having full on toddler style temper tantrums because somebody was slightly compared to the their unapparelled greatest qb of all time(not premature at all) thats obviously going to the superbowl for the next 10 years in a row...... because we all know that happens all the time. right?  

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

"Right now, yes, he's better than mahomes outside the pocket. Theres no doubt about that"

....... cue the Chiefs fans having full on toddler style temper tantrums because somebody was slightly compared to the their unapparelled greatest qb of all time(not premature at all) thats obviously going to the superbowl for the next 10 years in a row...... because we all know that happens all the time. right?  

The no look pass though

• Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

The no look pass though

try telling a chiefs fan that his softball lobs for 1 yd td's are literally nothing more than a routine shovel pass with an unnecessary long release. I'll give you a hint of how it goes.....

EmYfO8=

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 hour ago, No_Matter_What said:

Nice video.

Despite all other amazing throws Josh made last two years for me still the most memorable one is his 80y TD throw to Foster against Jags in 2018 (1.40 mark). The way how his hand strikes deadly 45y throw hitting Foster in full speed just before Allen dissapears under a pile of passrushers trying to kill him is beyond me and that was the moment I really fell in love with him.

Same. That was kind of the game where i was thinking were going to be fine, hes going to keep getting better. You could just see it if you actually watched the games. Everyone on the outside was so quick to say bust 

• Agree 1

Sal had on a local Buffalo meteorologist and he says most of the heavy rain will be after the game or very end of it.  A shower here or there is likely during the game.

He's confident in his prediction but says the storm could always pick up speed.  But generally great plains weather doesn't have any surprises.

Edited by Royale with Cheese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal has on a KC meteorologist and he says most of the heavy rain will be after the game or very end of it.  A shower here or there is likely during the game.

He's a Buffalo meteorologist who is on with Sal and Joe every Friday, but I don't see why he couldn't look at KC weather also

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He's a Buffalo meteorologist who is on with Sal and Joe every Friday, but I don't see why he couldn't look at KC weather also

Okay...I didn't hear that part.  He seems pretty confident it's going to hold off.  He said there's usually not surprises in KC weather patterns.

But unfortunately, if it speeds up, it's going to be a monsoon.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.