Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

12 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Total and utter rubbish.  I'd use an American slang word but it'd just be censored.

This is a gigantic game to me on so many levels.  If we lose this game, the Chiefs start creeping into that category that the Patriots were in for nearly 2 decades.  

Buffalo needs this win.

And in terms of individual players, I think this is a game Josh needs to play really, really well in.  This is the game where if he plays exceptionally well against one of the NFL's best teams on the road in SNF, there can be no doubt among ALL the NFL (not just Bills fans) that he's among the cream of the crop in the NFL at QB for the next decade plus.

If he loses and plays poorly... or even if we win and he's meh like he was against Miami, we'll keep hearing some of the doubters (more than just Nick Wright... who just doesn't count considering today he said KC is the best team in the NFL) talking about how "Josh Allen is too inconsistent" or "Josh Allen shrinks on big stages" or...  fill in the blank.

I want this win so goshdarn bad.  And all the quotes from the players and coaches about how this is "just another game" is just plain horsehockey.

It's not necessary I mean really you just hope for a win. But I do think you're right Josh gets this one over on them and it'll be pretty well undeniable, it goes the other way and he'll probably still be in limbo for some people.

2 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Need these 2 drawings edited together!

• Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 34-78-83 said:

your personal terms really set you up for disappointment. QB's often struggle on the road in hostile environments like Arrowhead for at least part of the game. If the Bills win this game PERIOD, and Allen is not injured, its a massive MASSIVE plus for the entire team regardless of anything whatsoever.

The whole "if we win and Allen is just ok sadface" thing drips of becoming out of touch and jumping the shark as a fan. You're better than this. Take a breath. Winning AT KC is huge and I dare say somewhat unlikely.

You're confused.

I'm talking more about the national narrative, not my own personal feelings, although I think a lot of what you're saying here is a little simplistic.

Allen knows this is a huge game for him in his career and it's about playing well... not just getting the win.

And the Buffalo Bills' offense and Josh Allen would like to remind you of how they felt after a 35-0 shutout of Miami... a game where Allen and the offense didn't play very well.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You're confused.

I'm talking more about the national narrative, not my own personal feelings, although I think a lot of what you're saying here is a little simplistic.

Allen knows this is a huge game for him in his career and it's about playing well... not just getting the win.

And the Buffalo Bills' offense and Josh Allen would like to remind you of how they felt after a 35-0 shutout of Miami... a game where Allen and the offense didn't play very well.

didn't catch you on the national narrative thing....got it

the rest I stand by 100% :) - Beat KC and nothing else matters. Don't worry though, in this case there's pretty much no way they can win unless he plays really well, so we won't have to worry about this Miami game comparison.

• Vomit 1

23 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

They should be confident especially since we lost to the only legit NFL QB we've played so far this year and that team hasn't won a game since or even been competitive in the 2nd half of games so far.

Obviously the Pittsburgh game looks like a true week one anomaly but the Chiefs are a few plays away from being 4-0 despite having an atrocious defense so far.

They are going to come out aggressive on both sides of the ball and look to bury the Bills early especially since Andy Reid is inside McDermott's head and the Chiefs defense inside Allen's until something changes.

Why is everyone sleeping on heinicke lol...is it because he's not some 22 year old rookie? He's honestly been good to great his whole career and they might look at him as the long term option. He's much better than Roethlisberger is at this point in his career. The chiefs defense isn't inside Allen's head...no one could get open last year because our receivers were all horrifically injured 🤣...not to mention they got away with a boatload of holds.  I think if we were a little healthier we wouldve lost that game in a close shootout.  And this year with our defense playing better we've got a good chance 

6 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

the rest I stand by 100% :) - Beat KC and nothing else matters. Don't worry though, in this case there's pretty much no way they can win unless he plays really well, so we won't have to worry about this Miami game comparison.

Also he is much more likely to play well though because they have one of the least talented defenses we'll see all year.  Frank Clark is their whole defense and he is banged up 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

7 minutes ago, 34-78-83 said:

See... this I disagree with.

This is a head vs. heart thing for me:

HEAD:  We should win this game because we're clearly better in 2 of 3 phases (Defense and Special Teams) and on paper are at least equal on offense.  Mainly... we should win because our Defense is Elite. If they play that way this week, our offense doesn't have to be great because this won't be the shootout so many think it will be.

HEART:  I'm a Bills fan.  This is a big game on the national stage.  We'll lose.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

30 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Total and utter rubbish.  I'd use an American slang word but it'd just be censored.

This is a gigantic game to me on so many levels.  If we lose this game, the Chiefs start creeping into that category that the Patriots were in for nearly 2 decades.  

Buffalo needs this win.

And in terms of individual players, I think this is a game Josh needs to play really, really well in.  This is the game where if he plays exceptionally well against one of the NFL's best teams on the road in SNF, there can be no doubt among ALL the NFL (not just Bills fans) that he's among the cream of the crop in the NFL at QB for the next decade plus.

If he loses and plays poorly... or even if we win and he's meh like he was against Miami, we'll keep hearing some of the doubters (more than just Nick Wright... who just doesn't count considering today he said KC is the best team in the NFL) talking about how "Josh Allen is too inconsistent" or "Josh Allen shrinks on big stages" or...  fill in the blank.

I want this win so goshdarn bad.  And all the quotes from the players and coaches about how this is "just another game" is just plain horsehockey.

You care too much about what the national media think. You are seriously putting conditions on going into Arrowhead and getting a W against last years AFC Champs? The whole reason we have a more balanced team is so Josh doesn’t have to be all world every game. I think it’s ridiculous that if we pull out a win and Josh doesn’t meet your definition of not playing “meh” that this would somehow diminish the W. Sure, I hope he plays lights out and throws for 5 TDs but I care much more about getting a W by any means necessary. I couldn’t care less what Nick Wright or any other talking head/blogger/internet film jockey thinks of our team. Just win baby.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

See... this I disagree with.

This is a head vs. heart thing for me:

HEAD:  We should win this game because we're clearly better in 2 of 3 phases (Defense and Special Teams) and on paper are at least equal on offense.  Mainly... we should win because our Defense is Elite. If they play that way this week, our offense doesn't have to be great because this won't be the shootout so many think it will be.

HEART:  I'm a Bills fan.  This is a big game on the national stage.  We'll lose.

A road game at the loudest Stadium in the league doesn't factor in for you in the HEAD area?  I'm with you on the head vs. Heart thing overall. Defense and special teams prowess is nice for sure but the KC offense cannot be stopped in most games for 60 minutes. And their D isn't going to just keep sucking in all likelihood. This is an experienced playoff roster.

18 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Not good. This likely means that Spencer Brown and Dane Jackson exited practice early with new injuries.

I don't know if it means that - I think Weds am is when the trainers start sorting actual injuries from the normal dings and soreness of the Sunday game.  So there are likely to be a few dings and dangs that turn out to be injuries that McD isn't aware of going into his presser.

But I don't like that list.  Rousseau DNP with a toe.  White with a Shoulder, Jackson and Brown both with Knees, NOT what I wanted to see!  Especially Tre White, we need him.

On a positive note, Jordan Poyer "Limited" with his ankle and Taron Johnson "Full" with his groin are both positive trends, as is Obada "Full" with his ankle.

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

You care too much about what the national media think. You are seriously putting conditions on going into Arrowhead and getting a W against last years AFC Champs? The whole reason we have a more balanced team is so Josh doesn’t have to be all world every game. I think it’s ridiculous that if we pull out a win and Josh doesn’t meet your definition of not playing “meh” that this would somehow diminish the W. Sure, I hope he plays lights out and throws for 5 TDs but I care much more about getting a W by any means necessary. I couldn’t care less what Nick Wright or any other talking head/blogger/internet film jockey thinks of our team. Just win baby.

I'm sorry, but this team has reached the point where how we look also matters.

We care about getting to the Super Bowl and winning it, don't we?  If you don't, that's where I am.  Anything short of winning the Super Bowl this year will be disappointing to me.  Finally, I feel like I can legitimately say that.

Of course I'll be happy if we win, no matter what.  However, being ecstatic about a win and having viable concerns about your offense are not mutually exclusive.

I want Buffalo to be the best team in the NFL and win the whole darn thing.  I don't want them to be the Pittsburgh Steelers of last year who won a buncha games despite some serious offensive concerns that were eventually exposed late in the year.

Forgive me for dreaming big... but that's what I'm doing.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care how it looks.  Just get the win. A win here sets us up nicely for the #1 seed.  It also sets KC further back from even making the playoffs.

Style points don’t count. I’d rather look worse winning than look better losing. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't care how it looks.  Just get the win. A win here sets us up nicely for the #1 seed.  It also sets KC further back from even making the playoffs.

Don't care how it looks?  Fine... I'll be in the minority.  I care how this team looks... I think it's important to have a team firing on all cylinders and getting Ws rather than lucking into a W because the ball luckily keeps bouncing their way and the refs keep giving them calls.

I'll obviously take the latter... but absolutely prefer the former... and I think some of you who are saying otherwise feel the same way.

And if you do.... you care how it looks.

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Don't care how it looks?  Fine... I'll be in the minority.  I care how this team looks... I think it's important to have a team firing on all cylinders and getting Ws rather than lucking into a W because the ball luckily keeps bouncing their way and the refs keep giving them calls.

I'll obviously take the latter... but absolutely prefer the former... and I think some of you who are saying otherwise feel the same way.

Don't care how it looks. Just win. 

They don't need to be firing on all cylinders in week 5. They need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't care how it looks. Just win. 

They don't need to be firing on all cylinders in week 5. They need to be firing on all cylinders in the playoffs.

I care how wins look against teams we are expected to beat, but against the Chiefs I’ll take a disgusting-looking win so long as it doesn’t involve significant long-term injuries 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

9 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Bills have looked like the NFL's version of Alabama these past 3 weeks with 35-0, 43-21, and 40-0. Granted this week is a big step up in competition but still they have looked good. The Chiefs will make plays and there will be momentum swings in this game but just find a way to get to 4-1. 

2 hours ago, Captain Caveman said:

How many somersaults do you think Josh does in an average practice?

In the Moss podcast he did say he took gymnastics as a little kid - paying off big time

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Dang you're selfish.  You want it all!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

The Bills can be "firing on all cylinders" and getting wins and still have struggles throughout the game in various areas against the really good teams (like KC). These are not mutually exclusive things. Do you watch the SEA vs SF, PIT vs BAL games ever when both teams are good? There a boatload of mistakes and successes on either side throughout the game. These are not bounces of luck or ref calls typically, they are good opponents who are also getting paid and the teams know each other inside and out.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Bills Mafia Kazakhstan has chimed in, translation below.

Kansas City, you are the Uzbekistan of America. enjoy being buried under the crushing power of Josh Allen.#BUFvsKC#billsmafia#ChiefsKingdom

Пусть блохи тысячи яков вторгнутся в ремешок Махоума, и пусть его руки будут слишком короткими, чтобы поцарапать его.

• Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

Style points don’t count. I’d rather look worse winning than look better losing. 

I agree.

But winning in a game that looks much like our regular season matchup with them last year where we were outplayed on both sides of the ball and just trying not to lose control of the game will do little to ease my concerns that we just aren't true Super Bowl contenders.  

Win or lose, I need to see signs that we can make Mahomes uncomfortable in the pocket, that we have a plan to cover Kelce beyond let Edmunds get manipulated in zone all game, and that we can limit Tyreek.  On offense I need to see that we are prepared for this deep shell and that we can run the ball when they're daring us to.  

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo needs this win.

I think the fans care a lot more about this game than the players do. It's game 5 and both of these teams are gonna be in the playoffs. It really doesn't mean that much

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, appoo said:

I think the fans care a lot more about this game than the players do. It's game 5 and both of these teams are gonna be in the playoffs. It really doesn't mean that much

It may affect seeding, but the bills have a much easier path ahead and the chiefs already have 2 conference losses 

3 minutes ago, appoo said:

I think McD would care about beating his mentor, but I think you're mostly right.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It may affect seeding, but the bills have a much easier path ahead and the chiefs already have 2 conference losses 

Buffalo is going for the 1 seed. Buffalo wins this game they have the inside track.  Having teams come to Buffalo is a massive deal.  Get the bye, get a little healthy, win 2 games go to the superbowl.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

They do but I can't take the Raiders (that defense) or Broncos (the QBs) seriously. With 7 teams making the playoffs, they just need to be better than the 3rd place team in the North (which will be on of Cinncy, Balt or CLE), or finish ahead of either the Raiders or the Broncos.  

Their defense is in gonna cost them a handful of games, but not enough to keep them out IMO

2 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Buffalo is going for the 1 seed. Buffalo wins this game they have the inside track.  Having teams come to Buffalo is a massive deal.  Get the bye, get a little healthy, win 2 games go to the superbowl.  

I think the bye week is more important than the home field advantage. I hate the new format because there's not enough upside to fight for the #2 seed. 

I might do some math on this, but I think home field advantage in the NFL is fairly overrated. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.