Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

Just now, Scott7975 said:

God I hate the white on white.  Not only does it look bad but it seems like we always lose in those colors.

The Bills are wearing white on white a lot this year. Road games at Jacksonville and the Jets have the Bills wearing white on white. The Monday night game at home against NE will be the all white throwbacks per the Uniform Gridiron database website.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

The Bills are wearing white on white a lot this year. Road games at Jacksonville and the Jets have the Bills wearing white on white. The Monday night game at home against NE will be the all white throwbacks per the Uniform Gridiron database website.

Well it won't change how I feel about the look but hopefully they change the perception on how I feel about the wins.

Just now, Scott7975 said:

Well it won't change how I feel about the look but hopefully they change the perception on how I feel about the wins.

As long as they win that is all that matters. As for uniforms I like all of them except all blues and all reds.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Greg S said:

As long as they win that is all that matters. As for uniforms I like all of them except all blues and all reds.

I actually like the all reds even though I hate red as a color.  I don't know why.  Its weird. I wish they could mix the red with white or something but I guess that's against the NFL rules.

9 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

God I hate the white on white.  Not only does it look bad but it seems like we always lose in those colors.

We were 5-0 in them last year and 2-1 in them the year before. Hopefully that makes you feel a little better?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I hate it without the proper striped socks.  Everyone wears white spandex and they look like a bunch of nurses. 

Edited by BringBackFlutie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

It seems like most conference championship games for whatever reason are reffed that way. As some others have said, I think when that happens, its on the Bills D to follow suit and clutch/grab. I don't recall a lot of flags on our secondary in the AFCCG (more just wide open Chiefs all over the place) but I could be wrong.

They didnt call it that way in the SUper Bowl

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I just ran the PFF grades for the KC and Bills starters, offense & defense.  I used 3 wr's and nickel d. KC offense has an average grade of 79.8.  Bills Defense has average grade of 77.7.  Bills offense has an average grade of 71.0 but KC defense has a shocking 55.4 average grade, really hot garbage.  Bills are going to have to make a move to protect/elevate Cam Lewis [81.0] if he plays against KC like he did against Houston.  Hope the ailing Bills are fast healers.   

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Josh Gordon having a big role feels like a fake-out to me, maybe he really is adjusting quickly to the team but I don't see them relying on him that much so quick in what could end up being a very significant game down the line.

Edited by Warcodered

15 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

True but its not like they haven't had short drives.  They had a bunch of 3-5 play drives that either resulted in a turnover or a punt.  Not exactly a 3 and out but not much different.

I don't know about drives that resulted in a turnover in under 3 plays, but drives that were 3 plays, fail to get a first, then punting is what he meant by a 3 & out. 

18 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Get the feeling this matchup is turning into the Pats vs Colts during 2000’s. 

Man, I was thinking the exact same thing. I didn't have time to go back & check, but I remember the Colts & Manning always struggling against the Pats in both the regular & postseason. It was a big deal when they finally did beat them on the way to their Super Bowl win. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Total and utter rubbish.  I'd use an American slang word but it'd just be censored.

This is a gigantic game to me on so many levels.  If we lose this game, the Chiefs start creeping into that category that the Patriots were in for nearly 2 decades.  

Buffalo needs this win.

And in terms of individual players, I think this is a game Josh needs to play really, really well in.  This is the game where if he plays exceptionally well against one of the NFL's best teams on the road in SNF, there can be no doubt among ALL the NFL (not just Bills fans) that he's among the cream of the crop in the NFL at QB for the next decade plus.

If he loses and plays poorly... or even if we win and he's meh like he was against Miami, we'll keep hearing some of the doubters (more than just Nick Wright... who just doesn't count considering today he said KC is the best team in the NFL) talking about how "Josh Allen is too inconsistent" or "Josh Allen shrinks on big stages" or...  fill in the blank.

I want this win so goshdarn bad.  And all the quotes from the players and coaches about how this is "just another game" is just plain horsehockey.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Total and utter rubbish.  I'd use an American slang word but it'd just be censored.

This is a gigantic game to me on so many levels.  If we lose this game, the Chiefs start creeping into that category that the Patriots were in for nearly 2 decades.  

Buffalo needs this win.

And in terms of individual players, I think this is a game Josh needs to play really, really well in.  This is the game where if he plays exceptionally well against one of the NFL's best teams on the road in SNF, there can be no doubt among ALL the NFL (not just Bills fans) that he's among the cream of the crop in the NFL at QB for the next decade plus.

If he loses and plays poorly... or even if we win and he's meh like he was against Miami, we'll keep hearing some of the doubters (more than just Nick Wright... who just doesn't count considering today he said KC is the best team in the NFL) talking about how "Josh Allen is too inconsistent" or "Josh Allen shrinks on big stages" or...  fill in the blank.

I want this win so goshdarn bad.  And all the quotes from the players and coaches about how this is "just another game" is just plain horsehockey.

They know the importance of this game and what it could mean for getting the #1 seed. Even if they do want the "revenge" factor they are not going to provide any bulletin board material for the Chiefs. You will get the standard blah blah blah answers.

On 10/5/2021 at 12:19 PM, TH3 said:

Closed the gap? 

Hardly!

Josh has regressed to 2019 levels and has had one good game this year, Beane should have never signed the 5th year option on Edmunds - and...and....did NOTHING on the O line in the off season. We haven't beat anyone...Knox has the dropsies, all MeDermott does is clap and Daboll has checked out on his way with Trubiski to Houston...

And Beth Mowins is probably calling the game!!

We have NO CHANCE.....Why even go? 

Don't look now, but I think your hair is on fire. 

2 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Buffalo needs this win.

your personal terms really set you up for disappointment. QB's often struggle on the road in hostile environments like Arrowhead for at least part of the game. If the Bills win this game PERIOD, and Allen is not injured, its a massive MASSIVE plus for the entire team regardless of anything whatsoever.

The whole "if we win and Allen is just ok sadface" thing drips of becoming out of touch and jumping the shark as a fan. You're better than this. Take a breath. Winning AT KC is huge and I dare say somewhat unlikely.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.