Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, Greg S said:

You might laugh at this but the games against the Jets make me a little nervous.

I agree. The Jets in week 18 make me very nervous. Trubisky is a decent QB, but how will Kumerow stack up as a #1 WR? Could be a nail biter.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

Fenton played and had an interception… but yeah they were banged up too. 

Not sure anyone had something as severe as a broken leg or torn oblique (only know that because of the reports about the Bills after the season) but everyone is playing banged up… it’s not really a great excuse. 

I don’t know why you’re giving me attitude like it was my narrative I was trying to push? I was just asking for clarification. 

I think it’s quite obvious our injuries were worse than what KC was dealing with, given we were a one trick pony last year.  

Allen —-> WR’s.  That’s it. 

When we find out Diggs, Beasley and Davis would have been out a few weeks if it were the regular season with their injuries and John Brown had become a cripple at that point, it was pretty tough sledding … nevermind the officiating that we were dealt on top of it. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

this and the Tampa game are really the only two that make me go “Bills need to be fining on nearly all cylinders in order to win” left on our schedule, to be honest.

If the Bucs are still this depleted in the secondary, Allen and the O may put up 50 on TB. They'll be pumped and looking to make a point, and that's not gonna be great for an absolutely devastated secondary

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

this and the Tampa game are really the only two that make me go “Bills need to be fining on nearly all cylinders in order to win” left on our schedule, to be honest.

Dont the other teams need to be saying the same thing when they play the Bills?

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Looks like Milano won’t be playing on Sunday.

Pretty much but he was one of the biggest non factors in the AFC Championship game anyway so can't worry about it.

I think the bigger matchup to slow down Kelce comes down to Poyer and Hyde who will both be playing it looks like.

I'm still scared to death about Levi Wallace playing a real NFL QB/WR's again this week, even against a guy like Josh Gordan who hasn't played in 2 years.

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Silver lining here: Ravens beat them with all of their injuries (including starting corners). It’s a bummer if he can’t go to be sure, but not the end of the world.

Also, while Dodson is no Milano, he registered a faster 40 than Milano (4.60 vs 4.67) and looked good playing last year. Andre Smith looked great this summer (yes, I know, it was preseason) and ran a 4.63. Point being, we have some additional athleticism to tap into. If Milano can’t go, I think Klein will play a lot, but these things happen and we’ll need our depth to step up. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm still scared to death about Levi Wallace playing a real NFL QB/WR's again this week, even against a guy like Josh Gordan who hasn't played in 2 years.

+1. Im hoping its early enough that the connection between Pat and Gordan isn't fully there yet and Levi can hold his own. Praying for 1 or 2 wasted downs where Gordon breaks out instead of in etc.. 

John Clayton | The Washington Post

Bills ranked as top Super Bowl contender heading into Week 5

#1. Buffalo Bills: After a slow start, quarterback Josh Allen is on fire, the same way he ended last season. But the real reason for optimism in Buffalo is the Bills' top-ranked defense. The pass rush is excellent, and they are giving up just 68 yards per game on the ground. There's no question that the Kansas City Chiefs (more on them later) are capable of bouncing back to reclaim the top spot in the AFC, but for now it belongs to the Bills.

32 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well it looks like some good news on the injury front compared to yesterday.

I still hold out some hope for Milano and tomorrow we will know if he is out or questionable.

I would LOVE some good news on Milano. He’s been playing great football and is a difference maker. I just saw a clip from an interview with Josh who had a good point. They were talking about how it’s a championship game re-match, but then they show josh saying “it’s just week 5. That’s how we look at it and I’m sure they are the same way.” 

That was good to hear from him, and it’s a point that should not be lost on us if it does not go well. On the bright side, there may be a few folks who are “DONE with this team!”. That’s always amusing!     :)

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

I would LOVE some good news on Milano. He’s been playing great football and is a difference maker. I just saw a clip from an interview with Josh who had a good point. They were talking about how it’s a championship game re-match, but then they show josh saying “it’s just week 5. That’s how we look at it and I’m sure they are the same way.” 

That was good to hear from him, and it’s a point that should not be lost on us if it does not go well. On the bright side, there may be a few folks who are “DONE with this team!”. That’s always amusing!     :)

Sounds like Josh isn't taking this seriously enough. 

I'm so done with this team.  😋

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Yep, would love to have Milano for this game, but if I have to choose I'd rather have him for more games down the line.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I had a post earlier in the week in this thread saying the same thing.  IMO it's good they are treating it like an October game and not a January game.

Keep it loose and play their game and let KC worry about another lose.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

How much they are allowed to get away with that stuff helps to decide the game. I remember being frustrated with them in the past over how much was allowed, and it’s just such a gray area. Get an early flag or two and they will adjust their play, I’m sure.  Time will tell. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

How much they are allowed to get away with that stuff helps to decide the game. I remember being frustrated with them in the past over how much was allowed, and it’s just such a gray area. Get an early flag or two and they will adjust their play, I’m sure.  Time will tell. 

I'll bet that is the number one thing that Daboll, Josh and the receivers have been working on all week.  The thing about the press and the

grabbing does is open up the possibility of getting behind them with the right moves.  There could be some long balls thrown by JA Sunday night. 

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Do you know what will pass time?  Don't go to bed Saturday and stay up to noon on Sunday.  Set your alarm at 8:00 pm.  You won't have to wait at all, just wake up and get ready.

This way i won’t miss the epic Jets-Falcons match live from London at 9am!

• Haha (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.