Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

Would be a huge blow if he doesn't play. But at the end of the day Mahomes is going to put up points regardless. 

Allen and the offense are the bigger concern for me. Really poor showings in both games last year, Allen was no where near Mahomes level. He needs to show he can compete with the big boys if we are going to win a Superbowl.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, JMF2006 said:

Calvin Klein filled in for Milano  pretty good :)

That being said.. any player off a practice squad might of looked good against this offense today...

2 minutes ago, Yobogoya! said:

Milano too damn good to be missing all this time for hamstrings, what can they do to keep his muscles loose?

Tai chi? Ballet? Electrolytes? Apple cider vinegar..?

that's for cramps not a hamstring lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Respectfully to the few of you who will disagree, but this is a big deal.

and it won’t be better by next week

and it will linger

I do believe that McDermott and company have been overly cautious when letting players return so it lingering doesn't concern me.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2017: Week 2, missed 0 games. Week 16, missed 1 game (playoff game). 2019: Week 5, missed 1 game. 2020: Week 1, missed 1 game.

i mean this stat line is reassuring.  i think he was hobled the game after he missed last year.  sucks for kc game.  ten seemed like a big game earloier in the year, but they dont look as good as last year. i know their #1 and 1a receivers were out today but Tanny got ate up 7 or 8 times.  Then we get a bye.  Hopefully a combo of next man up, and some luck with mild strain can get us to the bye week.

Edited by BillsShredder83

35 minutes ago, vincec said:

That didn’t look promising. I hope he is lucky.

I agree , just from the way he was trying to guard as he was hopping away, it looked like he was pretty hampered and didn’t want to plant or put weight on it. Almost looks like someone who felt something pop or give suddenly vs feeling a strain, tightness develop.   Looks can be deceiving tho, but pretty sure he will be getting an mri soon for diagnostic \ prognostic reasons.    Figures as  Hill gets going with 3 tds, we are shuffling our o line ;  poyer, Johnson,Feliciano, now milano ( who is the most concerning since this is new) with questions as we have to travel to play in KC for third straight game against them and it feels like KC still has an edge going into the game.

Our d line has not gotten sacks despite the pressures and I’m not sure that’s enough against Mahomes who is obviously leaps beyond all the QBs we have faced so far this year. Have we closed the gap enough since last year in the area ( getting to Mahomes) that both Sean and Beane felt was the key to taking the next step and actually beating Kc ? Just hoping we could have our regular starters in as  Milano has stepped up his leadership and game this year and it’s terrible timing for a slow healing injury. Wishing him a speedy recovery so we don’t see a two game slide like we did last year.  Sure didn’t look great at first glance. 

• Disagree 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ouch. that really hurts for KC game. Hammies don't get better in 7 days. sh*t

The hope would be minor, and maybe could’ve returned if not another blowout. Could’ve been cramping even for example 

but definitely has extended risk

1 hour ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ouch. that really hurts for KC game. Hammies don't get better in 7 days. sh*t

I’d give 20 points back for a healthy Milano. Maybe 30. OK, give me a “W” and a healthy Milano for a game that REALLY counts. It could be argued that he was our MVP for a while there. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Respectfully to the few of you who will disagree, but this is a big deal.

and it won’t be better by next week

and it will linger

Milano has a history of trying to play when severely hampered.

Healthy Milano >> Coach Klein, but Frazier and McD eventually figured out how to shift responsibilities and make it work.  Klein with appropriate adjustments >> Severely hindered Milano

IMO IR Milano.  Don’t play a half-baked Cookie 

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Yobogoya! said:

Milano too damn good to be missing all this time for hamstrings, what can they do to keep his muscles loose?

Tai chi? Ballet? Electrolytes? Apple cider vinegar..?

must be something.  clearly an issue with him you’d think they could figure out.  foam rolling?  

6 minutes ago, buffalo2218 said:

With KC's defense playing the way it is right now, and the way our running game has picked up, a ball control type of offense may be the way to go

so Daboll hopefully calls more runs.  Always nervous with him.  

• Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Process said:

Would be a huge blow if he doesn't play. But at the end of the day Mahomes is going to put up points regardless. 

Allen and the offense are the bigger concern for me. Really poor showings in both games last year, Allen was no where near Mahomes level. He needs to show he can compete with the big boys if we are going to win a Superbowl.

I would like to see the defense at full strength vs Chiefs just once

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I do believe that McDermott and company have been overly cautious when letting players return so it lingering doesn't concern me.

McDermott seems to be aware that it's an even longer season and that you're gonna need to play your depth to make sure you have your key guys when you need them. I'm hoping that is the case with Milano. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.