Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

Really? Cause LA managed to get a win playing the same philosophy. 

I don't believe  LA played a soft zone against TB.

Bills for the majority played zone last year against the chiefs.

They tried to go more man in the 2nd half but got burned doing that also 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

I don't believe  LA played a soft zone against TB.

Bills for the majority played zone last year against the chiefs.

They tried to go more man in the 2nd half but got burned doing that also 

It was more don’t let Hill beat you deep and keep Kelce in front of you.  KC is not as deadly when Hill is taken away. Before today LA and Baltimore kept Hill quiet and KC didn’t look so elite. 

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

must be something.  clearly an issue with him you’d think they could figure out.  foam rolling?  

so Daboll hopefully calls more runs.  Always nervous with him.  

Daboll gets too cute. I really hope he does not do that vs chefs 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

For what it’s worth…..

Milano remained on the sideline and actually jogged off the field with the team at halftime…..

That is actually a good prognostic sign. If it takes longer than one day to be able to walk or ambulate normally , that usually correlates with a more significant injury and longer recovery time and return to play time. Hamstrings function is to decelerate the leg while running or cutting , so if he actually jogged or was allowed to jog it means he was not having significant pain or soreness during a time when greeter force is being used with muscle contraction.
 Hamstring injuries like another poster stated, are rarely one week injuries as  two week recovery times are even felt to be rapid. I was surprised to see there is a long term study with minor hamstring injury in NFL players  ( 13 years , 58 players) ) that showed a steroid injection in the area lead to quick recovery, return to play,  and was not associated with any long term risks of reinjury or other adverse effects ( surprising since it has been thought that  steroid injections can deteriorate muscle tissue; usually don’t do steroid shots in muscle injuries for regular non athletes  )  He will probably get an mri or ultrasound to see the extent and then return is based on clinical factors like having no pain with testing or running.  So seeing him already walking or jogging MAY be hopeful for next week. Good catch seeing that! 👍😀 We can only hope ! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

2 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

If game plan is the same, we will lose. 

Couldn't agree more.  

Regardless of whether Milano is able to play, an effective game plan to contain Hill and Kelce is required in order to win.  Giving them free releases off of the LOS and not doubling were dubious schematic decisions, to say the least.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrPJax said:

That is actually a good prognostic sign. If it takes longer than one day to be able to walk or ambulate normally , that usually correlates with a more significant injury and longer recovery time and return to play time. Hamstrings function is to decelerate the leg while running or cutting , so if he actually jogged or was allowed to jog it means he was not having significant pain or soreness during a time when greeter force is being used with muscle contraction.
 Hamstring injuries like another poster stated, are rarely one week injuries as  two week recovery times are even felt to be rapid. I was surprised to see there is a long term study with minor hamstring injury in NFL players  ( 13 years , 58 players) ) that showed a steroid injection in the area lead to quick recovery, return to play,  and was not associated with any long term risks of reinjury or other adverse effects ( surprising since it has been thought that  steroid injections can deteriorate muscle tissue; usually don’t do steroid shots in muscle injuries for regular non athletes  )  He will probably get an mri or ultrasound to see the extent and then return is based on clinical factors like having no pain with testing or running.  So seeing him already walking or jogging MAY be hopeful for next week. Good catch seeing that! 👍😀 We can only hope ! 

This is an A+ post. Great stuff.  I promise theres not a drop of douchery here, but posts like this need to be read, and your formatting makes it tough.

Especially with something this detailed. Kindly sir, could you please use paragraphs to break up the reading, so knuckleheads dont scroll past quality posts like this (braces for flaming arrows).

Thanks for the knowledge drop!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

For what it’s worth…..

Milano remained on the sideline and actually jogged off the field with the team at halftime…..

Yeah, I saw a couple tweets from the talking sports heads that said he still had his helmet and was moving around on the sidelines without any noticeable trouble. Makes ya wonder if they were just being extra cautious with him considering the opponent and everything. 

42 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Yeah, I saw a couple tweets from the talking sports heads that said he still had his helmet and was moving around on the sidelines without any noticeable trouble. Makes ya wonder if they were just being extra cautious with him considering the opponent and everything. 

This.   I'm guessing he felt a twinge and they shut him down given the opponent.  Keep him limited/vet rest all week and let him get ready for KC. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, DrPJax said:

Hamstrings are a huge pain in the ass injury wise...they will feel back to normal and then you'll go out and try and resume whatever activity you were doing and will be fine for a bit but then out of nowhere it will pull again...this time a little worse than before...

• Agree 2

13 hours ago, GreggTX said:

I really hope they just held him out as a precaution. We're going to need him for the tough games coming up.

It could be that once he tweaked it they shut him down so they can properly assess it. It was only a 10 point game at the time he left. 

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Hamstrings are a huge pain in the ass injury wise...they will feel back to normal and then you'll go out and try and resume whatever activity you were doing and will be fine for a bit but then out of nowhere it will pull again...this time a little worse than before...

Seems like even when it feels healed it still takes a while for explosiveness to return as well.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, DrPJax said:

I've seen hamstring injuries that were much more slight at the time of injury than they were in a day or two. 

If he pulled it in any way beyond the slightest pull, he's out. Last year when he came back, it took 3+ games before he was really *back.*

I suspect that this week, they need to come up with a non-Milano plan.  

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, BuffaloBillies said:

Ouch. that really hurts for KC game. Hammies don't get better in 7 days. sh*t

Yup it definitely hurts but Klein was moving fast and furious out there. Def a drop off but AJ in great depth and seems to be fully comfortable in this D now. He was flying out there. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.