Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

2 minutes ago, FLFan said:

I think it is likely that Baltimore will overpay Lamar and doom themselves to mediocrity as a result.  I think Cleveland will try to be more conservative with the Baker Boy but he will demand more.  Again, glad we are first in the clubhouse with this deal.  

There is a chance the Baltimore will go with 2 franchise tags......they are at risk if he gets seriously hurt and still have to pay him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I bet baker deal doesnt get done until next off-season now. 

Lamar will want his deal before the season. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get 44 per. That should be welcome news for fans of all other AFC teams. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Yeah, $17M career earnings, probably $8-10M in the bank. I'd take it, but damn...

Not to mention all those other options he said he'd like to pursue, like tennis and investment banking.  Boy he sure made us look like idiots.

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, BLO_RIO said:

It was like yesterday when people wanted Josh Rosen over Allen soooooo baaaaad

I think the tide started turning for many fans (and the chatter about Rosen) after the Minnesota leap in 2018.

Edited by BillsFan619

23 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

No way he gets close to that. His speed will wane as he gets older and Lamars a bottom 10 passer in the league. 

The guy was an MVP.  As he gets older?!  He's like 25.  He's a playmaker that has been great in the league.  He is worth more than Allen based upon the last two years.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Dislike 4

3 minutes ago, Just Joshin' said:

There is a chance the Baltimore will go with 2 franchise tags......they are at risk if he gets seriously hurt and still have to pay him. 

That is certainly a possibility.  It will be interesting to see how the Ravens and Lamar’s Mom manage this.  

2 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Some fans aren’t sold on Allen and I understand that but ultimately Allen is about as humble as they come, he’s a hard worker and the money won’t get to his head. I’m more concerned with injury at this point. He plays like a bull in a China shop, but has the arm strength and intellect to be a pure passer if he blows out a knee.

Some people eat paint chips

• Haha (+1) 6

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

does beane have a drug problem lol i get being an nfl GM but wtf you working on this till 3am for 😆 either way beane is a Bills football god

5it2in.jpg

• Haha (+1) 11

43 minutes ago, wjag said:

He will be paying some hefty NYS Income Taxes though, so in a sense, he is helping pay off the new stadium too. 🙂 

I highly doubt this. As he only works here for a part of the year, I am sure he has a ‘home’ in a state with no income tax. 

3 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

What does it matter how he beats you?  He still beats you.

He's won 24 games over the last two years.

How many run first QBs have won Super Bowls quarterbacking a team as compared to pass first QBs? 

Asking for a friend? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

*Sniff*
Both a great and bitter sweet day.

Because even as he signs the document to link him to the team for about the next decade you know deep down that with that type of money and expectation the real pain is just beginning.

Hopefully everyone’s  skin is a thick on this new adventure 

Battered Bills fan syndrome runs deeper in some of us then others.  Josh will gently rock us all to sleep till we feel safe again, hugzz

I like Josh signing first of the other two. I say this firmly believing he will be  the best Qb of that class.   

Then the discussion can be either. Yeah Lamar we will pay your more per year than Josh and ultimately in the long run it will look like we get the better of the deal.

Or Baker yeah your not quite Josh money so we will pay you a bit less, maybe he is happy with it or not. And yeah that looks good on Baker. 

25 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

you can have whatever opinion you want about Jackson - I don’t think he’s any sort of world beater either. That opinion means less than nothing. You’re ignoring the basic economics of the NFL. LJ is considered a proven commodity at this point and QBs like that get paid, period. We’ll circle back once that deal gets done since you called me crazy and you can apologize chief.

I hope you're correct. Lamar Jackson's style of play (essentially a running back) doesn't translate into longevity.

Apparently he has satisfactory WRs this year so I'm looking forward to Raven fans' excuses next offseason.

• Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Been waiting a LONG time to have a QB worth a contract like this!

Yes we have. Feels great!

What’s cool is, if he plays out his contract, he will be tied with Jim Kelly for the amount of seasons they’ve played in Buffalo.

JK - ‘86-‘96, JA - ‘18-‘28

Hopefully he’ll play at a high-level for us for even longer. How about at least ‘18-‘38. Franchise QB, baby! Go JA!! Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 2

The leap in Minnesota got everyone excited and got our attention.

This is still the play that confirmed to me "we got our guy."

I know it's not literally one play that did it, but if you had to ask me which one it's that.  

Everything about it tells you why.  

The target (our WRs were terrible)

The pressure (worst o line in Bills history)

He takes the hit 

He never stopped looking downfield 

The Jaguars D was still very good and Ramsey called him trash that week

Release and arm strength

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Don't think I'd call it a "steal" but I do like the contract. The deal only trails Mahomes - which is right where it should be. 

Allen could have demanded more $$$ or less time. In a couple three years his pay is going to be low.

We have him for eight more freakin' years!!! The Bills are set to be great for eight more years.

It could be so that in four years, we could build a Super Bowl team reasonably because our QB salary at that time won't be nearly as high in relation to all QBs.  We could also go for a Super Bowl next season as Josh's huge money doesn't kick in yet, I think...IDK?  I just got this feeling we're going to build a Super team next season..... That by next year,Groot is going to be our front four blue chipper that we need so badly.... and that he is going to have help in Ed, AJ and Boogie....

• Thank you (+1) 1