Josh Allen: Contract extended through 2028

eball

21 minutes ago, co_springs_billsfan said:

Will it be taxpayer funded?

He will be paying some hefty NYS Income Taxes though, so in a sense, he is helping pay off the new stadium too. 🙂 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

38 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

i hope they dont backload all of it. i dont wanna be rich the next 2 years and then play catchup after that

There are so many ways around this now if the contract is structured right that it won't matter.   Convert some to signing bonus and extend again...tweak structure etc.  The big number only kills us if he gets cut or something 

• Agree 1

Interesting to see Browns/Ravens fans reaction.  

Consensus is that they both wish they got the deal done first, especially Ravens fans, as Allen likely set the floor for Lamar and gave a bargaining chip to Baker - even though both fan bases acknowledge Allen is the better QB.  

It’s a big advantage to be the first to get the deal done.  

Great job Beane!

Congrats JA17! 

Let’s goooo!!!!

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Solid deal.  I fully believed this was going to happen before next Saturday.  Beane just gets it done and Josh is clearly bought in.  He got paid what he deserves and the cap was setup by Beane to where this doesn’t cripple us. 

The deal ends with Josh at 32, so huge incentive for Josh to get another massive payday. 

This is a highly functional front office of a team with a culture players want to be a part of.  This is a very special time.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

I was a big believer in waiting until after this year, until Rodgers will become a FA next year (He's gonna set a new high) and Allen is on fire in TC.  Just lock it in now.

Just now, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what will Lamar Jackson now get?

44 million.  Between Allen and Mahomes.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Interesting to see Browns/Ravens fans reaction.  

Consensus is that they both wish they got the deal done first, especially Ravens fans, as Allen likely set the floor for Lamar and have a bargaining chip for Baker - even though both fan bases acknowledge Allen is the better QB.  

It’s a big advantage to be the first to get the deal done.  

Great job Beane!

Great job by Beane and Josh.  If Josh waited the price could easily have gone up but he did what was right for him and the team.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

I was a big believer in waiting until after this year, until Rodgers will become a FA next year (He's gonna set a new high) and Allen is on fire in TC.  Just lock it in now.

44 million.  Between Allen and Mahomes.

You really think that??  I was assuming all along the Allen camp was waiting on Jacksons contract to be finalized as Allen would then get more.  I'm thinking Jackson in upper 30s?    IMO Jackson is taking a chance on not agreeing as the longer he plays the less he may be worth.  The only thing he has going is an MVP which is worth something, but is also somewhat old news now.

3 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

So what will Lamar Jackson now get?

lol man idk how this franchise has got themselves in this position again after "having" to ink Flacco after his SB win 😆

hindsights easy, but they were damned either way on that one, this feels identical to me

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

No way In hell Lamar gets even close to what Allen is making. I would assume Ravens would move on if he either wanted the same or more than Allen.

You’d be assuming wrong. He is 100% going to get paid by the Ravens, probably more than Allen.

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

lol man idk how this franchise has got themselves in this position again after "having" to ink Flacco after his SB win 😆

hindsights easy, but they were damned either way on that one, this feels identical to me

I had less issue with Flacco though as he was more of a prototypical QB at least.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

You’d be assuming wrong. He is 100% going to get paid by the Ravens, probably more than Allen.

I hope you're right as that will saddle the Ravens big time if they do!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2