Bring back A. Lynn for OC!

1 minute ago, bigK14094 said:

He replaced Roman, and things got better immediately as I recall.  Maybe that was because Rex didn't meddle in the offense.

The Bills scored 31 points the game Roman was fired after.  They had a lot of talent on offense in 2016 that left a year or 2 later.  Lynn didn't show me anything that made me think he was a good offensive coordinator. 

I must admit that I never want any coach who was part of the Rex Ryan clown show ever to walk the Buffalo Bills sidelines again.  

• Like (+1) 1

I am not sure Lynn would fit, I think he will get an OC position, but I think the passing attack with Josh is clearly the strength of this offense and I am not sure Lynn would be able to craft that type of offense. If Daboll leaves I wouldn't hate seeing Lynn, as he did good with the rookie the Chargers had this year but I think there might either be an internal candidate that is better or another outside candidate that is a better fit. Long story short wouldn't hate Lynn as OC if Daboll leaves but there might be a better fit for Josh than Lynn.

37 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Lynn is well respected coach. He's a culture fit.

Also, he would help the run game and short passing game; the Bills' (arguably) least effective facet of the offense.

Not to Mention Herbert was still slinging the ball out there.

He lost games because he routinely sat on leads and went conservative.

And the “run game” is perfect the way it is. A support function for a team that leads with passing.

Lynn is a Rex Ryan holdover. 

50 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

If Daboll leaves, we should bring back Lynn.

It wasn't a bad breakup when he left. I wonder if he is willing to come back.

I want to say you are joking around but I can't tell. Anyways I can't see a scenario where if Daboll leaves that they don't promote within and they and keep around what Josh knows as much as they can 

10 minutes ago, r00tabaga said:

Ken Dorsey. I wold be surprised if hadn’t been groomed in some way. Close with Allen. Close with Dabs.

Stay in house.

Dorsey comes with some good experience.  But, none as an OC.  Daboll, on the other hand, had that job a few other places. (Alabama, Miami, and maybe one other) before coming here.)  Also, 9 years on Belicheck's staff...but never got promoted there.  I still wonder about that with the great job Dabs has done here.  Of course, he has the horses, as they say, this year.  The superior Josh, Diggs, Brown, Beasley.......better line.  (OK, no TE really, just pretenders)  Not sure Dorsey can do the schemimg needed to put together a game plan....that is taking opponent tape input used to put together the game plan every week.  THAT is what the OC does.  Still, I think continuity arguments and his connection to McD will result in him getting the job.  Of course, its a tough situation coming in after Daboll....as he has a GREAT record this year of being a clairvoyant OC, tough act to follow.

24 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

Dorsey comes with some good experience.  But, none as an OC.  Daboll, on the other hand, had that job a few other places. (Alabama, Miami, and maybe one other) before coming here.)  Also, 9 years on Belicheck's staff...but never got promoted there.  I still wonder about that with the great job Dabs has done here.  Of course, he has the horses, as they say, this year.  The superior Josh, Diggs, Brown, Beasley.......better line.  (OK, no TE really, just pretenders)  Not sure Dorsey can do the schemimg needed to put together a game plan....that is taking opponent tape input used to put together the game plan every week.  THAT is what the OC does.  Still, I think continuity arguments and his connection to McD will result in him getting the job.  Of course, its a tough situation coming in after Daboll....as he has a GREAT record this year of being a clairvoyant OC, tough act to follow.

A couple of positives would be that we could keep the same terminology and schematically we can run the same stuff as he’s been involved very closely with this process. And again he has very close ties with Josh. What Josh likes what Josh doesn’t like 

I trust that the guys in charge will find the right guy if/when it comes down to that

Edited by r00tabaga

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

We've also heard of Chan Gailey, should we bring him back instead?

I mean if the choices are Lynn or Gailey, then yeah, i'll take Gailey.  Kind of curious what sort of circus O he would put in place with the skill players we have now versus tweedle dee and tweedle dont

I'm surprised by the negative reaction. Lynn failed as a head coach because he has no situational awareness in critical game moments. That's a head coaching skill, not a coordinator skill. He helped develop Herbert into the likely OROY and had one of the best passing offenses in the league. He was also a good OC here, with very little talent at this disposal. I think this would be a great hire. I'm all for continuity but nothing about Dorsey excites me. What has he proved?

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'm surprised by the negative reaction. Lynn failed as a head coach because he has no situational awareness in critical game moments. That's a head coaching skill, not a coordinator skill. He helped develop Herbert into the likely OROY and had one of the best passing offenses in the league. He was also a good OC here, with very little talent at this disposal. I think this would be a great hire. I'm all for continuity but nothing about Dorsey excites me. What has he proved?

Most feel Lynn just used Roman's playbook and called plays, am sure he did more yet his connection to Rex Ryan doesn't help either. In terms of Dorsey he seems like an up and comer and fresh blood whereas Lynn has been coaching in the NFL for over 20 years. He's Dorsey's Need to Know when he came here, as we know what he's done with Josh as QB coach here already.

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/sports/g66l-2019/02/abed3b8bba2141/7-things-to-know-about-new-buffalo-bills-qbs-coach-ken-dorsey.html

Just now, ticketssince61 said:

I live in LA but only follow the Bills.

I am a little surprised they fired Lynn because of the development of QB Herbert.

Herbert is the future of the franchise so a bit perplexed why they would change systems/regimes on their QB after a very successful rookie year.

because Lynn’s bizarre decisions and horrid choices at certain unit coaches left Spanos and the GM no choice.

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Most feel Lynn just used Roman's playbook and called plays

Okay... and he did a better job of it than Roman did. I'm sure any OC that comes here will be basically using Daboll's playbook. Allen is going to give them the scheme. All they have to do is not screw it up and maybe find a way to get the running game going. I just don't get excited about Dorsey. He could be good, I'll trust the Bills to make the right decision. But I'm not automatically sold on him.

1 hour ago, Royale with Cheese said:

We definitely should bring him back.  Josh threw 10 INT's this year which is a glaring sign we need to stop throwing the ball and just run it all the time.

cant you just hide you’re sarcasm a little more?  Guess not, and love it.

Like the commercial, how About NO!

No Anthony Lynn, no Chan Gailey, just no.  

Im going to say what everyone hates to hear if Daboll is promoted, TRUST THE PROCESS!

41 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I get that everyone wants to try and keep the offensive system by promoting from within, but we dont have anyone on our coaching roster that is an expert in Daboll's system.   The most likely candidate to hire from within is Ken Dorsey, and he has only been with the Bills for two years now. 

Everyone on the offensive coaching staff right now is an "expert" in Daboll's system, particularly Dorsey who has operated in it for 2 years now. When the OC leaves you don't have to scrap the existing system, it is actually the Buffalo Bills' system, not Daboll's. 

The biggest expert, however, is Josh Allen and there is no reason to change it now. 

If Daboll leaves, I would bet money it's Dorsey's job and he'd want it because he'd know that if he's successful he'd be next in line for a head coaching job. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, jwhit34 said:

Everyone on the offensive coaching staff right now is an "expert" in Daboll's system, particularly Dorsey who has operated in it for 2 years now. When the OC leaves you don't have to scrap the existing system, it is actually the Buffalo Bills' system, not Daboll's. 

The biggest expert, however, is Josh Allen and there is no reason to change it now. 

If Daboll leaves, I would bet money it's Dorsey's job and he'd want it because he'd know that if he's successful he'd be next in line for a head coaching job. 

I can see your point.  Youre correct about Allen being the major expert on it.   All for it, better to have the continuity.