Live 2024 NFL Draft thread - Round 1 (Do NOT tip the Bills pick)

Simon

Just now, jkeerie said:

Folks...think this through.  The Bills obviously were not going to take Worthy.  It's likely he would have fallen to the Chiefs anyway and the Bills get a 3rd rounder in the process.

Here’s my issue, it doesn’t matter if we didn’t want Worthy. You don’t give Mahomes a speed receiver. It’s ok that Beane didn’t want Worthy, but there’s no way you take the risk of giving any help to Mahomes. Maybe the Chiefs draft Worthy at 32, but why be directly responsible for potentially watching Worthy catch deep passes against us in the playoffs? I just don’t get it. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

I mean I kind of like it, my initial reaction is the whole why the ***** would you do that. But I kind of like the whole this is who we're going against so ***** it we're not taking this guy let's get something get our guy in the first round still and look these guys in the ***** eye. It is what it is there's not point looking away from it, was there anyone even likely to take him ahead of them? 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Wow. I hate that decision from Beane. Worthy isn't my guy necessarily but why are you giving the team you are trying to catch and surpass a guy they really covet in a position where they need help?

Fair question well asked

3 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

This has been the worst off season of Beans tenure, and he should be fired on Monday.

And who is going to hire a new GM?

Terry Pegula? Hahahaha.

Might as well burn the team down at that point. 

• Dislike 1

For everyone saying “I didn’t want Worthy anyways”.

Thats great and all but Andy Reid did want him.  And he got him and the team that we chase every single year got their guy.

I didn’t want him for Buffalo either, because I guarantee we would squander his speed.  But guess who won’t.

Andy Reid.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Un-*****-believable.

We just handed the Chiefs THAT player?! 

We just handed the Chiefs the fastest player in combine history instead of taking him ourselves?

We just facilitated a Chiefs WR corps of Hollywood, Worthy, Rice? 

Perfect. Just perfect. 

But we hadddd to have that 3rd round pick, right?

Ridiculous. We're going to regret this. Why on EARTH would we help the Chiefs?

I just....Goddamnit. *****. *****.

• Like (+1) 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Bills love giving the Chiefs key offensive weapons by trading down with them...

SMFH...

Why would you allow them to take the next Tyreek Hill in that offense?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, buffblue said:

As Jonah Hill said in Moneyball, "This is the type of move that can get you fired" 

But Billy Beane (aka idiot) never did get fired. He only got promoted

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If we still get our guy it isn't horrible, to be honest I like it. Of course I admit not a fan of Worthy.

Doing the Chiefs favors is completely idiotic.  That franchise has 3 SBs because of the last time we traded with them.  

Edited by TheWeatherMan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

So Brandon Beane, McDermott and Joe Brady know more offence than Andy Reid?

I don't trust that at all

I don't trust the Bills to use elite speed correctly anyways.  We kept grabbing value speedsters and would do absolutely nothing with them. Give me an X receiver with #1 upside like Mitchell or McConkey all day.  

We didn't move up in the 4th. We gained their 3rd rounder at 95 while giving them our 2nd 4th and they switched picks with us in the 7th.

Our picks are now:

• Like (+1) 5

Just now, jkeerie said:

Okay...so the Bills don't trade and KC takes Worthy at 32 because the Bills obviously weren't going to take him.

Then make them PAY!!  At least get an extra pick out of them.  We never ask for the right compensation.  Swapping picks to move up 40 spots in the 6th and 7th round is a ***** joke.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Ourmissing 3rd round pick

and we gave them a 4th.  We got crap compensation to give our biggest rival the player they wanted. We could have easily gotten a 3rd round pick by trading in other ways.  Instead we get a 3rd by trading down our first round pick to the CHIEFS and also giving them our 4th.  We got robbed IMO.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

So Brandon Beane, McDermott and Joe Brady know more offence than Andy Reid?

I don't trust that at all

Considering we drafted Gabe Davis and Khalil Shakir after KC took Mecole Hardman and Skyy Moore, maybe....

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

For everyone saying “I didn’t want Worthy anyways”.

Thats great and all but Andy Reid did want him.  And he got him and the team that we chase every single year got their guy.

I didn’t want him for Buffalo either, because I guarantee we would squander his speed.  But guess who won’t.

Andy Reid.

To be fair, he couldn’t make Hardman or Skyy Moore work. 

And Toney has been a disaster. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1