I think it's time to activate Fournette

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 minute ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

If he was good enough to play he would have been active by now. They are not going to activate him unless there is an injury. Murray has been the good in pass protection and occasionally has a good run.  

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

17 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Disagree.  Besides needing to learn the offense and get into game shape, we changed OC’s since he joined the team as well.   After seeing the Packers pound the ball w Dillon last weekend, I would not be surprised to see Fournette get called up this weekend over Ty Johnson.

I'd be fine with that. Johnson has been running hard though. He's been fine. RB is about the 10th most important issue this team is facing. 

• Like (+1) 1

Ty Johnson has looked strong, consistently running through arm tackles and picking up extra yards. He also seems to have some juice to him, and can catch the ball well. Combined with his special teams ability (which Fournette lacks), I don't see him being replaced by Fournette any time soon.

The performance of Ty Johnson, in my mind, has made it so that unless there is an injury at running back, we won't be seeing Fournette suit up, and rightly so. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

This. Lenny needs to sit. Ty needs a lot more touches.

Yeah if you sit anyone it's can't be Ty that'd be ridiculous with how he's playing, so who do you sit especially knowing you already have to sit someone with Knox likely being back this week.

2 hours ago, RiotAct said:

I was banging this drum for the first couple weeks he was with the Bills… but Cook, Murray and Johnson have been performing quite well.

This is where I am at too.  I’m still for activating him, but I’d hate for it to be at the expense of Johnson as he has been a nice surprise since Brady took over.  Hell I didn’t even know he was a Bill until I saw him take a snap against the Jets.

Bring him in but I think we need all 3 of Murray, Cook, and Johnson active too as he is still learning the offense.  I’d rather see him get used in a way where if it’s working we can keep it up, but if he’s got some rust we can pepper him in rather than have to depend on him.

He’s really not that good. Pretty sure he was in his early 30s in college. He’s had maybe one good season in the nfl. And taking away touches from cook is a bad thing.

his name is way bigger than his game. Plus he cried about being cold when it was 50 degrees to make Buffalo look bad!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

We need wayyyy more Ty Johnson. He is exactly what Freddie was. remember Fred was on the PS and every year, in pre-season, the dude looked like a stud/ "Play him" we all yelled. But nope, back to PS. Until one year they played him. He looked great. Played him again, he looked great. Until one day, he was the starting stud for our beloved Bills. That is what is happening with Ty. Let Joe cook and get Ty involved more. GO BILLS!

6 hours ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

Let's give the Chiefs something they haven't seen before to react to.  Eat up some clock, keep their O off the field, impose our will.  All that stuff.

He's just a poor man's Murray, and we already have Murray. a 3rd string RB won't be the difference maker for us.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.