OT Quessenberry released

Process

Im not sure what's going on with the pinned threads and this probably one deserves it's own thread anyways.

We've lost/cut Shell, Quessenberry and Doyle this off-season. Basically all of our depth.

Something has to be in the works at OT, no?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Im not sure what's going on with the pinned threads

We're just trying to have at least one thread where all the cuts are listed and people can find them quickly without having to wade through 50 pages of discussion.

Unfortunately that thread is being constantly derailed by people with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader. 🤷‍♂️

• Like (+1) 6
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Im not sure what's going on with the pinned threads and this probably one deserves it's own thread anyways.

We've lost/cut Shell, Quessenberry and Doyle this off-season. Basically all of our depth.

why?

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Process said:

Perhaps  Beane would re sign him later?

It's important to remember as these cuts are announced that with practice squad rules being changed in recent years and the number of practice squad players being increased to 16, NFL teams essentially have 69 (...nice) man rosters these days, not 53.

It's all about who you think you can get through to the practice squad and who you can't.

I'd bet money that the Bills didn't feel they could get Van Demark through waivers (and he's been the better player this offseason, anyway), but they COULD get Quessenberry through. I'd bet on him winding up on the practice squad.

With that said, I do still expect an outside waiver add at OT for the 53 man roster. But it's important to remember all the practice squad, PUP, and IR shenanigans that teams pull during cutdown day, and I think that may apply to Quessenberry.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Simon said:

I'd say it's because he's played a fair number of snaps for the Bills and it's a bit of a surprise

He’s also the OL responsible for blowing an assignment which led to Josh’s elbow injury.  Q-berry is a liability, I’m not surprised at all by his release.  

• Like (+1) 8
  • Agree 1

48 minutes ago, Process said:

To the bolded. No, Quessenberry just sucks. I’m very happy they think they have better on the roster. 

• Agree 8

I worry about RT, both starter and depth, but I have to admit that I really like the rest of this OL.

Bills have the following guys locked down for multiple years:

-McGovern (OG)

-Torrence (OG)

-Bates (OG/C)

-Anderson (OG/C/RT)

-Van Demark (LT)

-Dawkins (LT)

-Brown (RT)

All guys that are solid and/or with upside.

Very happy that it seems the FO is done with the band-aid veteran options being brought in to protect Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Jason Peters!!!

Just to remind everybody, Jason Peters is 41.   There is a story on the web that he is interested in playing for the Jets.  At 41, my guess is that he doesn't need the money and he will only play for the team he chooses.  I' would be a bit surprised if that's the Bills.

Quessenberry was so bad last year, it seems that anybody would be an improvement.

6 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I worry about RT, both starter and depth, but I have to admit that I really like the rest of this OL.

Bills have the following guys locked down for multiple years:

-McGovern (OG)

-Torrence (OG)

-Bates (OG/C)

-Anderson (OG/C/RT)

-Van Demark (LT)

-Dawkins (LT)

-Brown (RT)

All guys that are solid and/or with upside.

Very happy that it seems the FO is done with the band-aid veteran options being brought in to protect Josh Allen. 

Seems our G situation has def improved a bunch!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

We're just trying to have at least one thread where all the cuts are listed and people can find them quickly without having to wade through 50 pages of discussion.

Unfortunately that thread is being constantly derailed by people with the reading comprehension of a 3rd grader. 🤷‍♂️

Im just so excited to talk about cuts 😔

It's a rightful cut. He shouldn't make the roster simply because there's no one else. This initial 53 will be in pencil.

How in the world did they not bring in a viable tackle at this stage?! And yet they have Bernard and Dorian Williams - significant draft capital - sitting on the bench. It's quite remarkable.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

It's important to remember as these cuts are announced that with practice squad rules being changed in recent years and the number of practice squad players being increased to 16, NFL teams essentially have 69 (...nice) man rosters these days, not 53.

It's all about who you think you can get through to the practice squad and who you can't.

I'd bet money that the Bills didn't feel they could get Van Demark through waivers (and he's been the better player this offseason, anyway), but they COULD get Quessenberry through. I'd bet on him winding up on the practice squad.

With that said, I do still expect an outside waiver add at OT for the 53 man roster. But it's important to remember all the practice squad, PUP, and IR shenanigans that teams pull during cutdown day, and I think that may apply to Quessenberry.

It's VERY easy to get him through since he's not subject to waivers.  It's why, even though I agree he sucks, I think he might be coming back.

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Obviously Quessenberry isn't a great player. He's a backup for a reason right? 

If I'm reading Spotrac correctly he had a 1.6mm active cap hit and 1.0mm dead cap hit so we saved 600k by releasing him.

Can we really find an upgrade for only 600k ? 

They kept Alec Anderson who is making $750k.

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 hour ago, foreboding said:

Quessenberry was so bad last year, it seems that anybody would be an improvement.

Seems our G situation has def improved a bunch!

People forget Q is the one that got easily beat and caused Josh's ulner injury.  He will not be missed.  Hopefully his replacement comes in a few hours.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

People forget Q is the one that got easily beat and caused Josh's ulner injury.  He will not be missed.  Hopefully his replacement comes in a few hours.

Hopefully that replacement isn’t coming from a scrubby team again like the Titans.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.