What’s Your Reason for Being on TSW?

WotAGuy

How Do You Define Your Bills Fandom?  

127 members have voted

1. 1. What is your primary reason for being on TSW?

• I’m a football junkie and mostly care about “technical” football discussion
    • I’m between 1 and 3
    • I’m evenly interested in football and the camaraderie of rooting for a team
    • I’m between 3 and 5
    • I’m here primarily for the camaraderie of rooting for a team; but I’m not a football junkie
    • I enjoy trolling; people are so gullible

I’m in between in between 3 and 5. I am definitely a football fan, not just a Bills fan, but I didn’t join until I left the Buffalo area (I lurked for a few years after leaving Buffalo before joining, and then it was an while before I actually started posting semi-regularly). I missed talking football with Bills fans, and TBD is a good source of Bills information for the out-of-towner. 

I’m not one to contribute significantly to hardcore X’s and O’s discussions because I don’t have the background, and while I enjoy reading them, in my opinion they get hijacked too often and become unreadable, so if I was relying on them as my sole source of TBD enjoyment I probably would have skipped town by now…

• Like (+1) 2

This is as close to an open mic night at a comedy club as I will ever care to get.  Considering about half my posts are never even sent, and perhaps only 25% of those posted evoke a favourable reaction, you now know why. 😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Between 1 and 3 much closer to 1. 

There are some folks on here who I really enjoy conversing with. I think there are some great people here. And then there is @Gugny.

Answer number one with a bullet!

Few, if any will get that analogy either. 😕

I'm here for the big picture and camaraderie (had to use spell check there).

I get lost at the granular technical details. For example: I don't know the differences between a 1-tech, 3-tech, or 5-tech lineman.

I also get eye glaze when people talk about college prospects... the people who have the time and brain cells to dedicate to tracking hundreds of college prospects... color me impressed. Though, sometimes I think they make it up after the fact.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Bills news, takes on the Bills from posters like Badol, and of course some laughs.

Not here for camaraderie. If you're a feel-good "Yay Bills" poster (with some exceptions), more often than not I will skim right past you.

Nothing wrong with being that at all, it's just not for me, no entertainment.

1 hour ago, JerseyBills said:

Technically cause BBMB shut down and needed a place to discuss the Bills but I went between 1 and 3

I think this should be an option. Because BBMB shut down is why at least a couple thousand people are specifically here at TSW. The current options are good for why we are active on a Bills message board period. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

I think this should be an option. Because BBMB shut down is why at least a couple thousand people are specifically here at TSW. The current options are good for why we are active on a Bills message board period. 

Yeah, that’s what I am more interested in as opposed to the path to getting here. 

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im between 1 and 3, especially living in CA where you don't get much Bills talk, insight, or news here

I appreciate your mix of positive enthusiasm and local invites to members to join you. That’s what this place is all about!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I mean, where would you rather be than right here right now! 

that’s why we are all here, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'm just here to time how long it takes when someone mentions Gabe Davis's name until @HappyDaysshows up out of nowhere to remind us all that Gabe sucks. 

The longest wait is currently 3 minutes 27 seconds FWIW. 

🤣😂🤣😂

Today is @HappyDays off day. I said I would fill in. Gabe Davis has a catch technique where he claps his hands together rather than forming a basket with his hands. Joe Marino spent about ten hours talking about it. It's not the best. He's also chronically injured. He had one superlative playoff game, but in reality he is wildly inconsistent. Maybe Kincaid is that special rookie that can in effect take over the WR2 role and relegate Davis to the go routes that he is good at. Of course, Davis is flashing in training camp, though in real games he will revert to form. 

I know this is somewhat over the 3 minute 27 second time limit, but my cat keeps jumping on the keyboard. @BADOLBILZ also has an impressive back catalog on this topic for those dissatisfied with the quality of Davis bashing in this post.

• Haha (+1) 5

A pretty solid 3 but ever so slowly creeping towards a 1 more and more.  

however most of my posts are sarcasm and observational reviews and “team building” compared to team execution. I’m not that great with the X/O compared to many here 

and of course always in it for the fashion. (Sarcasm..) 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.