OT…looks like Lamar has entered the quarterback trade market

78thealltimegreat

Wouldn't think they would trade him to an AFC team, so Atlanta is a good guess.

Honestly, it could be any team in the NFC South...they are all in need of QB help.

Not a fan of Jackson, but he's going to be overpaid by someone.

Edited by Special K
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 6

1 hour ago, Special K said:

Honestly, it could be any team in the NFC South...they are all in need of QB help.

I don't think, and have not thought for quite some time, that the Ravens would be the ones overpaying him. Eric DaCosta is a very smart man.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Agree 2

So many QB needy teams, mostly in the NFC, except for Jets, some team will over pay and send too much in compensation (agree the money won't come from the Ravens). I don't care where he ends up. Each new lower body injury make him less effective as a runner and he's clearly not a top 10 pocket qb.

The issue with Jackson, is you need the right offensive system to go with him (which, I guess could be said about every QB). But he is singularly unique. If someone does trade for him, they should somehow, someway, invest in Greg Roman to also be a part of their staff.

I bet the Dolphins try hard for him.

Edited by CSBill
  • Dislike 1

Interesting if they jettison him. Picks vs franchise QB? I’ll take franchise QB! They are hard to come by.

NFL went through a drought of college QB’s who transitioned to great NFL QB’s.  College talent level is certainly getting better of late, but proven NFL franchise QB’s shouldn’t be trade bait. 

That being said, I don’t see Lamar as a top level franchise guy.  I guess the Ravens also don’t.   Wouldn’t even put him in top 10 QB’s.  Superior athlete, not enough pocket QB skills when needed.  Heck, I’d take Jimmy G over him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Special K said:

Frank Reich is gainfully employed again. The question is, is Lamar old enough for Frank to want him on the roster?

13 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Interesting if they jettison him. Picks vs franchise QB? I’ll take franchise QB! They are hard to come by.

NFL went through a drought of college QB’s who transitioned to great NFL QB’s.  College talent level is certainly getting better of late, but proven NFL franchise QB’s shouldn’t be trade bait. 

That being said, I don’t see Lamar as a top level franchise guy.  I guess the Ravens also don’t.   Wouldn’t even put him in top 10 QB’s.  Superior athlete, not enough pocket QB skills when needed.  Heck, I’d take Jimmy G over him.

I think the Ravens do see him as a top flight guy. But Lamar’s contract negotiations haven’t been easy. They’re will to pay him a ton of money to stay long term, but Lamar wants more. 

Word on the street is they offered him 250 mil with 150 mil of that guaranteed but he wants 250 mil guaranteed and will not move off that number, literally 100 mil cash difference! You would have to find a team willing to pay that plus willing to go all in with draft assets and then also willing to run that college style offense. People in Baltimore are going to riot if they trade him. No number of draft picks will be enough and how much could they possibly get for a player on a franchise tag that doesn't want to play for that team? Maybe 2 1sts and like a 4th? What are you going to do with that? There is no "next Lamar Jackson" coming out of college.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Word on the street is they offered him 250 mil with 150 mil of that guaranteed but he wants 250 mil guaranteed and will not move off that number, literally 100 mil cash difference! You would have to find a team willing to pay that plus willing to go all in with draft assets and then also willing to run that college style offense. People in Baltimore are going to riot if they trade him. No number of draft picks will be enough and how much could they possibly get for a player on a franchise tag that doesn't want to play for that team? Maybe 2 1sts and like a 4th? What are you going to do with that? There is no "next Lamar Jackson" coming out of college.

Fella misses an awful lot of time for demanding a fully guaranteed 250 mil.

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Atlanta where running QBs waste their career lol

32 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Why? The Bills seem to own Lamar

Exactly. Leslie Frazier came up with defense for Ravens in playoffs and it has been duplicated by other teams.

I wonder if Ravens trade if they will get a QB as part of package.

My prediction 1: If he is tagged no one will trade since he is insisting on a guaranteed contract and then he sits out to week 11 to get his year of service and force him to be tagged or released following year,  

My prediction 2: He will be out of football shape when he signs tag and then will get injured before end of season and then not play again that season meaning Ravens paid a lot for nothing next year.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Lions? They have 2 first round picks and a creative OC.

Is he really a much better of a passer than Goff?  Lions did OK at QB.  Certainly Jackson's running abilities add alot, but can he stay healthy because if it?

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Will they or do fans there realize, he's great when healthy, but can't stay that way and has struggled at times.  The biggest problem with trading him IMO is the overall lack of great franchise type QB's available every year to draft.  A better chance they pick one that doesn't work out than does.  Then in 4 years will be looking for another one.  But don't think the answer is handing Jackson $250 mil all guaranteed either.

This is another instance of a “starting QB” incorrectly being labeled as a “Franchise QB” there is a difference between the two…

Lamar has made himself difficult to deal with, and will likely get traded a couple of times during his career, 

• Like (+1) 1

I just don't see him getting any team to the promised land.  Just don't.  Win a lot of games, big flashy stuff, but he puts you in cap h-ll, destroys your draft board for years.   

Cardinals should go for him.   Put the entire running QB dumpster fire in one franchise.   Kyler, Lamar and 51  XFLers and go for the big tankapotomus.  

• Haha (+1) 1

I wish I could bet on him getting tagged and staying in Baltimore. Then they can see him in a new offense (I bet they go hard after receivers) & judge him this season. I know a lot of people don’t love him but it’s hard to let a MVP type qb go. 

14 minutes ago, peterpan said:

Ravens would be dangerous with most anyone at QB.  Carr Mayfield Jimmy G……

Can’t tell if you are being serious or not! The Ravens offense besides Jackson and Andrews is hot garbage. Gabe Davis would be their number one receiver and their rbs get hurt every game. 

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

I would like to see him in another system. 
Gonna be a huge gamble for whatever team that gets him though. Gonna cost a lot of picks followed by a monster contract. Atlanta probably would be a nice spot for him but I would like to see Washington snag him. 

I'm not sure that some Bills fans realize that Baltimore and Washington are separated by about the same distance as Batavia and Buffalo.......40 miles........it would be ridiculous for the Ravens to trade him essentially in-market and have to deal with the blowback if he succeeds.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Mango said:

I think the Ravens do see him as a top flight guy. But Lamar’s contract negotiations haven’t been easy. They’re will to pay him a ton of money to stay long term, but Lamar wants more. 

I don’t know.  If this is true that he’s on the trade block, I don’t believe they want to pay him the money.

Not calling him a one-trick pony, but he certainly had not shown to be a consistent pocket QB, who can scramble.  Seems to be the other way.

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Any GM would be insane to offer a guy like Jackson a fully guaranteed contract, especially for 250 million.  He’s hurt too much and does not show up in the playoffs.

I understand why you’d say that, but think about it from the viewpoint of a GM. Say you’ve built an excellent roster, but lack a quality QB - and you aren’t picking high enough to get a good QB prospect. Would you want to keep rolling along with the status quo where you’ll top out at mediocre? That will get you fired in a season or two.

Or would you rather spend a bunch of your owner’s money and some draft picks on Lamar? If you make the move and it doesn’t work out and you get fired, then you won’t be there to clean up the mess of being stuck with a QB who isn’t living up to his contract, cap hell and no high picks. Personally you’re probably no worse off than not making the move for him. If it does work out, your team is successful, you’re the hero and you get a huge new contract. This is the reason some team will take the risk and go all in for Lamar. 

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Looks like Baltimore is throwing the line out in the water there and saying Lamar can be had…Id put money on the Falcons if I where a betting man since they are franchise in QB purgatory right now

Been saying Atlanta and Miami are the front runners since last year. My money is on Atlanta.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I'm not sure that some Bills fans realize that Baltimore and Washington are separated by about the same distance as Batavia and Buffalo.......40 miles........it would be ridiculous for the Ravens to trade him essentially in-market and have to deal with the blowback if he succeeds.

he’s not going to win more games in DC with Riverboat Ron.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.