Love the dolphins forum - Bills won because of the refs?

Matt_In_NH

I don’t like games decided by PI but to me that was text book yet you can always make arguments when you are biased.  I did notice the bills got away with some stuff on hill but it’s also true there are dozens of I called penalties on both teams in every game.  Anyway this is fun.   These guys are in a full melt down.  

https://finheaven.com/threads/disgusted-by-the-refs.376255/

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Like (+1) 2

No idea how anyone could not think that’s PI. 

It was abundantly clear..  Didn’t turn his head around.  Made excessive contact with the WR coming back to the ball.  Was flailing in coverage. 

The only other close call I can remember was a “play stands” on a deep McKenzie pass that likely results in a big Bills play if the ref rules it a catch on the field. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Early in the game tre was arguably a little early on some bang bang passes defensed that could have been flagged. That’s probably where they are coming from. I do see a little bias by the refs in favor of the Bills. The league loves Superman who is a ratings cash cow. I make no apologies for it however. The bias is earned from years of sustained success and exciting games. 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Final penalty count was 8 on the Dolphins for 51 yards and 7 on the Bills for 51 yards. 

That's about as even as it gets. 

As far as that fans complaints

1) The flag was in the air b/c they were going to call defensive holding. You can see the defender grab McKenzie's shoulder and yank him back. Easy call. The refs then huddled up and decided that, in addition to the defensive holding, the defender interfered with McKenzie. Also a pretty easy call. 

2) Even though Allen threw it directly at the linemen there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity. Not grounding

3) Refs were generally letting the secondary play. Lots of contact went uncalled for both teams. Including a clear OPI on White that took an INT opportunity away. 

4) See 3

5) You can't start a hit on a QB a full yard out of bounds and then say it's not roughing. Don't care how hard he hit Allen or if he was "trying to hold up"

6) The refs didn't give Tua the head first slip at first, but they did correct the spot before the snap

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I pointed out a number of uncalled penalties for both teams in the GDT.  The refs were inconsistent as always.  

Yup. And when refs are inconsistent then fans can always find a call or two to blame the loss on. Heck, fans do that even on the occasions the refs call a good game. 

• Like (+1) 1

We are just as bad whining about penalties on here when games don’t go buffalos way. Refs are a constant complaint for every fan base. 
I thought the game was called pretty fair. I definitely do not think the game was decided by the refs. Each team had plenty of opportunities to win and the PI at the end wasn’t questionable. 

People gotta stop with all this stuff. Josh Allen is not the NFL’s golden boy. He may be one of… But certainly not the only one. 
It’s better for the league if Miami wins that game. A closer AFC east is best for ratings the next couple weeks. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Without re-watching the game, there were plenty of holds that could have been called against the Phins secondary.

Diggs was getting held a lot.

This was all happening clearly after the 5 yards of the scrimmage line was passed.

In fairness, I didn't pay the same attention to what the Bills secondary was up to, so that may have been similar for both teams, but I got the feeling, that as the game gets on the line, it was one of those situations where the zebras clenched, and tightened up on that stuff so as not to get called out on it.

The biggest problem for the 'Phins at that stage, was that mostly, the Bills had the football, so were going to be the team that got those calls.

The McKenzie one was egregious, because he was clearly held early on in his route, and then the defender was all over him before the football actually arrived.

There will alsmost certainly be stills somewhere, where the defender is making contact with McKenie, and the football isn't even in the frame.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It was abundantly clear..  Didn’t turn his head around.  Made excessive contact with the WR coming back to the ball.  Was flailing in coverage. 

The only other close call I can remember was a “play stands” on a deep McKenzie pass that likely results in a big Bills play if the ref rules it a catch on the field. 

The play the former head of officials and current rules expert couldn't definitively say was or wasn't a catch, lol.  Seems legit

The poor souls on the Miami forums have to digest the reality that when they were 8 pts up with 9 minutes left, they proceeded to allow a long TD drive, 2 pt conversion, nothing on offense, and then another clock killing long drive and a chip shot FG at the gun.  They played hard but the Bills wanted it more. Allow the officials to make calls that impact the outcome, you deserve the result. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I think their argument is that you can't make that call in that particular moment because it's a possible game deciding play. In some cases I would agree if it's borderline, but as you mentioned it was far from borderline. Blatant hold and he never looked back for the ball. That's a pretty easy call to make regardless of what's on the line. You got burnt, don't look for help from the refs.

Play better D.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

I think their argument is that you can't make that call in that particular moment because it's a possible game deciding play. In some cases I would agree if it's borderline, but as you mentioned it was far from borderline. Blatant hold and he never looked back for the ball. That's a pretty easy call to make regardless of what's on the line. You got burnt, don't look for help from the refs.

Play better D.

Agreed. Its the big risk of blitzing like that..  Refs can’t call it differently just because a team decides to put their corners on an island in a big moment. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Gene1973 said:

Brady did that for 20 years in this division, our turn to throw for PI. DB did not look back for the ball and was shoving McKenzie in the chest. It was blatant PI. Miami fans can eff off.

Right… How many games have we lost during the years getting screwed by the refs…. To many to count…..

Miami had the chance to go up a touchdown on us and possibly win the game but Tua air mailed one over everybodies head so idk wtf there talking about….

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Final penalty count was 8 on the Dolphins for 51 yards and 7 on the Bills for 51 yards. 

1) The flag was in the air b/c they were going to call defensive holding. You can see the defender grab McKenzie's shoulder and yank him back. Easy call. The refs then huddled up and decided that, in addition to the defensive holding, the defender interfered with McKenzie. Also a pretty easy call. 

2) Even though Allen threw it directly at the linemen there was an eligible receiver in the vicinity. Not grounding

3) Refs were generally letting the secondary play. Lots of contact went uncalled for both teams. Including a clear OPI on White that took an INT opportunity away. 

4) See 3

5) You can't start a hit on a QB a full yard out of bounds and then say it's not roughing. Don't care how hard he hit Allen or if he was "trying to hold up"

6) The refs didn't give Tua the head first slip at first, but they did correct the spot before the snap

Yep two penalties and wondered what took so long?  Maybe one was arguing that give them 5 not 21 yards and put them into FG position?  But both a hold and a DPI.

Edited by Billsfan1972

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don’t like games decided by PI but to me that was text book yet you can always make arguments when you are biased.  I did notice the bills got away with some stuff on hill but it’s also true there are dozens of I called penalties on both teams in every game.  Anyway this is fun.   These guys are in a full melt down.  

The most delusional fanbase 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Charles Romes said:

Early in the game tre was arguably a little early on some bang bang passes defensed that could have been flagged. That’s probably where they are coming from. I do see a little bias by the refs in favor of the Bills. The league loves Superman who is a ratings cash cow. I make no apologies for it however. The bias is earned from years of sustained success and exciting games. 

Yes. There were at least 3 in the 1st quarter alone by White.

Edited by Governor
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1

I find that Vinovich crew insufferable, but think they were mostly okay yesterday.

The PI call on McKenzie was super clear. If you want to complain, complain about the rule. I have never liked the rule of PI being called on an underthrown ball that the receiver comes back to. It’s almost impossible for a defender in tight coverage not to have PI in that situation. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Billznut said:

The Miami fan base is hands down the most delusional and they are steadily climbing the list of most cocky and annoying fan base, currently led by Chiefs fans. 

They got some really funny stuff going on their site right now. I love the one that says, "We have a better team, better coaching and better QB than the Bills now and moving forward". 

I kid you not😂 Pure comedy gold.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The funny part is Allen probably gets the least PI calls out of all the big QBs.

• Agree 3

5 hours ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

4) See 3

It’s not so much total penalty yards, but when the actual penalties are called (3rd down, final drive, etc.) With that being said, Miami fans are a bunch of cry babies. The only thing I agree with is the non-intentional grounding on Allen which could’ve been called. Other then that they can **** off. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.