So it's the Washington Commanders now?

stuvian

5 minutes ago, filthymcnasty08 said:

Wow, I feel that society has righted a wrong!.  First my maple syrup and now this!  

The Cleveland Indians are now on the clock.

The former Mrs. Butterworth’s ain’t maple syrup… it’s corn syrup.

Indians became the Guardians shortly after this last MLB season ended. And their logo is absolutely terrible.

Edited by UConn James
  • Agree 1

46 minutes ago, Greg S said:

And yet the NFL has Snoop Dog (cop hater whose lyrics promote killing cops) as the halftime show. That is OK but we can't have the name Redskins.

It's Dre that was part of "F the police". Not sure Snoop ever made a cop killer lyric song. 

Not wholesome lyrics so I get the point.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

Its a terrible name.  Has no flow to it whatsoever.  Cant even be shortened to anything and everyone is stuck annunciating a stupid 6 syllable football team name.

Admirals sounds a lot better

Still 6 syllables 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, John Gianelli said:
58 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

Seemed like morning to me....lol

That was Rocketship 7 in the morning, right?

That's what I remember.  We had a small TV (well, small for its time) that sat on our kitchen table that I would turn on while eating rice krispies.

Star Blazers was after school....although I'm pretty sure that was when I was older.

1 hour ago, TAinLA said:

Wonder if the K.C. Chiefs will be on the board for a name change also.

In a time when sports teams and culture in general is becoming more sensitive toward stereotypical names and imagery around indigenous people, Im shocked that Kansas City can still do their pre-game drum ceremony and the tomahawk chop.  Not to mention the fact that fans are dressed like native Americans chiefs.  

For the life one me, I can’t figure out how this is acceptable.  It’s one thing to say that a name like “Chief” or “Brave” is a tribute…it’s another to essentially parody aspects of their culture.  

• Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.