Thank you Buffalo Bills staff

Royale with Cheese

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The EMT’s said he looks fine now and asked us if we wanted to go watch the rest of the game in a heated room.  

Should have asked if the heated room was the owners suite.  

Just now, Einstein said:

I see another donation spree starting from this 🤦🏻‍♂️

In all seriousness, that’s cool.

Socks for his kid? 

• Haha (+1) 9

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Today was my son’s first home Bills game.  My son is 6 and we live on n Atlanta.  He’s never experienced anything like the weather we had today….especially sitting in it for multiple hours.

He was layered both up top and bottom.  
At the beginning of the 3rd quarter, he starts crying and shivering badly….especially his feet.

I take him to the Bills store, all socks sold out.  We take off his boots and his feet are red.  One staff member gets a blanket and starts rubbing his feet to warm him up.  Since all socks are sold out, the other staff member took off her socks and put it on his feet.  They cover him with another blanket and rub all over him.

EMT arrives and they start looking over him.  After the care of the ladies, he felt fine.

The EMT’s said he looks fine now and asked us if we wanted to go watch the rest of the game in a heated room.  He said no…he wants to go back out there to his seats.

What looked like it could have been a disaster turned out to be wonderful.  

I can’t thank that staff enough.  I got all their names and store number.  The Front Office will definitely get an email from me.

I am so incredibly thankful and made me love Buffalo even more.

Fantastic to hear. That is a fan they secured for life!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Today was my son’s first home Bills game.  My son is 6 and we live on n Atlanta.  He’s never experienced anything like the weather we had today….especially sitting in it for multiple hours.

At the beginning of the 3rd quarter, he starts crying and shivering badly….especially his feet.

I take him to the Bills store, all socks sold out.  We take off his boots and his feet are red.  One staff member gets a blanket and starts rubbing his feet to warm him up.  Since all socks are sold out, the other staff member took off her socks and put it on his feet.  They cover him with another blanket and rub all over him.

EMT arrives and they start looking over him.  After the care of the ladies, he felt fine.

The EMT’s said he looks fine now and asked us if we wanted to go watch the rest of the game in a heated room.  He said no…he wants to go back out there to his seats.

I can’t thank that staff enough.  I got all their names and store number.  The Front Office will definitely get an email from me.

Nice!

I never attend cold games without hunter heat packs... remember spending more time dreading how cold my feet were than enjoying the game.

12 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Glad he's OK and got to enjoy a victory...for your sake however I'm just glad Rex Ryan isn't our coach anymore🧐

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Awesome! Tough kid to say no to a heated room.👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

*Placing a call to Atlanta Child Protective Services* Why wasn’t this kid outfitted with some heavier clothing, socks, boots?

j/k Glad you had fun and all turned out well for you both. 

I told him flip flops were a BAD IDEA, but nooooobody ever listens to me!   😋

Glad it worked out! People are different from region to region, to some general extent. People in WNY are very good people.  I’m not surprised they stepped up, but to some degree I’m proud. 

9 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

The Car is locked and I have no keys

….but…..I have a brick! 

Hijacking this for my own agendas....

SEE! This is why we need a dome! THINK OF THE CHILDREN

*Ahem*

But for real, that's such a cool story! You got a tough kiddo. You're an awesome dad for flying him out to Buffalo for a game too! Hope you guys made some good memories aside from this little bit :) 

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

How long is he grounded for?  If my son ever did anything that selfish, I'd blister his ass so bad, he wouldn't be able to sit for a week.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I didn’t realize you had procreated, that’s shock #1 for today.

Great story & thanks for sharing but it wouldn’t be TBD if I didn’t make two comments.

Were they hot?

Pics or it didn’t happen.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RiotAct said:

@Royale with Cheese they just highlighted your story on WGR 550!!!

Awesome!  We just got back.  I DM’ed Sal Capaccio about it and probably why the story got picked up.

To add to the story….the couple that were sitting next to me gave me their blanket when we returned.

Then an older lady that saw us return, went to the store and bought my son a mini football, a Bills Christmas ornament and a beach towel. 

I was at a loss for words how kind everyone was.

22 hours ago, Beast said:

You'll do anything to meet chicks.

Probably having his feet rubbed by Canadian ballet dancers as we speak.

You’re a ballet man aren’t you?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.