Thank you Buffalo Bills staff

Royale with Cheese

On 1/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Today was my son’s first home Bills game.  My son is 6 and we live on n Atlanta.  He’s never experienced anything like the weather we had today….especially sitting in it for multiple hours....

I hope you don't mind - I shared this story on the Boston Bills Backers' Facebook page, where you are getting likes and hearts like crazy. It's a wonderful story that provides we displaced western NYers a taste of home. 

On 1/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, Einstein said:

I see another donation spree starting from this 🤦🏻‍♂️

In all seriousness, that’s cool.

On 1/2/2022 at 5:05 PM, Just Jack said:

Socks for his kid? 

Maybe Knox Sox could hook up OP for some good PR.  Supports pediatric cancer.

forbarefeet.com/collections/knox-sox

On 1/2/2022 at 5:04 PM, Royale with Cheese said:

Today was my son’s first home Bills game.  My son is 6 and we live on n Atlanta.  He’s never experienced anything like the weather we had today….especially sitting in it for multiple hours.

He was layered both up top and bottom.  
At the beginning of the 3rd quarter, he starts crying and shivering badly….especially his feet.

I take him to the Bills store, all socks sold out.  We take off his boots and his feet are red.  One staff member gets a blanket and starts rubbing his feet to warm him up.  Since all socks are sold out, the other staff member took off her socks and put it on his feet.  They cover him with another blanket and rub all over him.

EMT arrives and they start looking over him.  After the care of the ladies, he felt fine.

The EMT’s said he looks fine now and asked us if we wanted to go watch the rest of the game in a heated room.  He said no…he wants to go back out there to his seats.

What looked like it could have been a disaster turned out to be wonderful.  

I can’t thank that staff enough.  I got all their names and store number.  The Front Office will definitely get an email from me.

I am so incredibly thankful and made me love Buffalo even more.

You were on the radio describing this. I caught it and thought it was a wonderful story!

P.S. teach the kid to ALWAYS take a Box upgrade! S’matawitchu?

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

P.S. teach the kid to ALWAYS take a Box upgrade! S’matawitchu?

In his defense, he wrote that they offered a heated room. That could have been a box, or the medical center where you watch it on the TV. 

Edited by Just Jack

It was a snowy November game against the phins.

I was derelict in dressing #1 daughter for the weather, for some stupid reason I let her dress herself. Never again.

She cried in pain about the second half. I ended up carrying her on my back in a snow storm to the car parked by ECC. By the grace of God I quickly found the car. We left and watched the remainder of the game in the warmth of a nearby Dickies Donuts.

Post mortem: we slaughtered the phins that day.

7 minutes ago, boater said:

It was a snowy November game against the phins.

I was derelict in dressing #1 daughter for the weather, for some stupid reason I let her dress herself. Never again.

She cried in pain about the second half. I ended up carrying her on my back in a snow storm to the car parked by ECC. By the grace of God I quickly found the car. We left and watched the remainder of the game in the warmth of a nearby Dickies Donuts.

Post mortem: we slaughtered the phins that day.

Scary wasn’t it?

One of the ladies in the store looked at me and said “we’re 3 mothers, he will be fine.”

That definitely calmed me.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Scary wasn’t it?

One of the ladies in the store looked at me and said “we’re 3 mothers, he will be fine.”

That definitely calmed me.

One time... I was in Florida with my father when I was a child 

It was time to come home.. and he figured he wasn't ready to leave Florida yet

So he put me on a train and sent me to Miami international airport by myself 

It's about 6:00 in the morning... I get to Miami international and there are no planes going to Buffalo

He sent me on a train to the airport when I was a child for a flight that wasn't leaving till the next day lmaoooo

3 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It's about 6:00 in the morning... I get to Miami international and there are no planes going to Buffalo

He sent me on a train to the airport when I was a child for a flight that wasn't leaving till the next day lmaoooo

Holy schnikes!

What did you do?

8 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Bad Dad then. Curious, are you on good terms with him today? I'm shocked at his poor judgement, but there may be something salvageable.

15 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Holy schnikes!

What did you do?

I asked some nice people in the airport for quarters so I could use a payphone 

And I called my mother back in Buffalo .. explaining what dad had done  and she called him instantly up and told him to get my ass 

About an hour and a half later.. I see my father strutting up the stairs like nothing happened.. and he said uhh sorry , I mis read the tickets lol 

Edited by Buffalo716

7 minutes ago, boater said:

Bad Dad then. Curious, are you on good terms with him today? I'm shocked at his poor judgement, but there may be something salvageable.

He was always a great father ...  Times were just different 

He was a legitimate hippie from the 50s 60s.. hitchhiked the country at 15 years old 

And he Gave me lots of freedoms growing up because I earned his trust  

This was a mistake... But I was able to handle it because my brother and I had a lot of freedom .. he thought I was going to be on a plane in a few hours.. which I could manage

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

This is actually pretty common with kids if their first game was in the cold...........the coldest I can remember my feet ever being was the first Bills game I went to with my father in 1981.........friends have similar stories.

As WNY kids we were used to being out in the snow and cold all day.........but we were running around when we were doing that.  Sitting idly in the cold is not natural for kids and they then tend to tense up and try to be still and that leads to poor circulation and cold extremities.    

Nowadays we always have boxes of packs of hand and foot warmers at our tailgate so it's a non-issue.    They are an absolute must for the feet late in the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.