Bass has made 48/49 kicks this year

Process

Between FGs and XPs. Only miss was a 50+ yd FG.

I know he gets a lot of love already but can we take a second to further recognize how insanely good this kid is?

The definition of automatic.

You can make a case for Tucker obviously because he has been so good for so long, but other than that there isn't a better kicker in the league.

• Like (+1) 15
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, CLTbills said:

Bass-o-matic. 

it's insane seeing your kicker trot out for a 48 yard field goal and I'll hop up and go to the bathroom or grab a beer because you know there's absolutely no way he's going to miss.

When it’s 57 yards, and I’m thinking “yeah, we got this”, you know you have something special! 

I can’t tell you how glad I am that he got over his obsession with the left upright. Having said all that, kicking is much like golf, which is largely played between the ears. Let’s NOT jinx anything! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

Their FG unit.......snapper, holder, kicker.........have been great.

Bills have kicked too many FG's though...........those FG's in the redzone to begin games have been a harbinger of defeat............go for it and trust your great defense to make something happen with the opponent pinned back rather than trotting Bass out there for a feeble 3 pointer.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Who says you shouldn’t draft a kicker

Chris Trapasso

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-grades-and-analysis-for-every-sixth-round-selection/

188. Bills: K Tyler Bass, Georgia Southern

Grade: F. Buffalo doesn't have a plethora of roster spots available, but drafting a kicker in Round 6 is almost never good use of a draft pick. Bass is one of the best in the class. 

Just remember, we used the pick acquired from the trade of Wyatt Teller to the Browns to get Bass.

so when you’re feeling blue about losing Teller…just remember the Bass-o-matic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Watching other games makes me more thankful for Bass. Just some abysmal kicking in some games.

The Lions could have won their game today if they had a better kicker.

2 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Just remember, we used the pick acquired from the trade of Wyatt Teller to the Browns to get Bass.

so when you’re feeling blue about losing Teller…just remember the Bass-o-matic.

Eh, I'm happy for Teller. Good for him. I have no regrets. He was a 5th round draft pick. It's not like we let a 1st rounder go. And I don't remember him doing anything particularly spectacular in a Bills uniform.

Sometimes guys move to a new team and the scheme and personnel work well for them and everything clicks.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Process said:

Between FGs and XPs. Only miss was a 50+ yd FG.

I know he gets a lot of love already but can we take a second to further recognize how insanely good this kid is?

The definition of automatic.

You can make a case for Tucker obviously because he has been so good for so long, but other than that there isn't a better kicker in the league.

Worthy of a 1st rd pick:wub:

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

What a draft pick 

Him, Butker and Tucker are on another level, elite as they come. 

Bass>>>>Tucker and Butker

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Worthy of a 1st rd pick:wub:

Bass>>>>Tucker and Butker

I'd have to agree. 

If we had a draft Bass would be the first kicker off the board. What a weapon and draft pick. Very few kickers get drafted. He's one of the best 6th rounders in the last decade 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

You know what pisses me off though.  A few of his kicks are off Center.  I mean wtf!!??

He's a stud. 

😆....I always say when he makes a kick, but it’s not straight down the middle, that’s Bass’ version of a miss!

He’s kicking at an elite level right now.

He's also money on kickoffs.  He can kick it high and get it within a few yards of the one yard line if you think you can pin the other team behind their 25.  He'll blast it through the endzone for a touchback if you don't think the reward is worth the risk.  Thank you Brandon for drafting him.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, MJS said:

Watching other games makes me more thankful for Bass. Just some abysmal kicking in some games.

The Lions could have won their game today if they had a better kicker.

Eh, I'm happy for Teller. Good for him. I have no regrets. He was a 5th round draft pick. It's not like we let a 1st rounder go. And I don't remember him doing anything particularly spectacular in a Bills uniform.

Sometimes guys move to a new team and the scheme and personnel work well for them and everything clicks.

And Saints, and there are many games over the course of a season decided because of bad, and good, FG and PAT kicking.

5 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

What was tuckers record kick this year? 67? I'd love for them to give bass a shot to tie/break it.

Has to be the right circumstance (end of half, or end of game tying or winning), but he'll get that opportunity some day.

10 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Dumb take.  Most 6th rounders fail to even make an NFL roster.  Meanwhile a K, if he succeeds, is a huge addition to the team.

And good job by the Bills' scouting department, seeing something they could correct or that caused his FG% to drop so much in his senior season.  And then some, considering he's kicking better now than anytime in college.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.