11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Unacceptable preparation.  

Unacceptable coaching.

Unacceptable offensive game plan.

Unacceptable offensive execution.

I don't want to hear about the fvcking refs...yeah they sucked ass, but ya know what?  They didn't not block anyone or throw those INTs or fumble those balls.

McDermott should lay into the entire team for this one.  They thought they could just show up and win, and they found out otherwise.

Agree, The refs were awful, but when you lose to the Jags it isn’t an excuse. 

Edited by SirAndrew
  • Like (+1) 1

This is not a well coached team.  The d plays hard, but super sloppy with tons of penalties.  The O, which was even pointed out by the half time show, has no identity and fatass dabol just dials up silly gimmicks 

The oline is actually awful, bottom 10 and potentially bottom 5.

SB “contender”, MVP candidate, Top 3 team lost to the worst team in the NFL to a rookie QB!

FN embarrassing!!!!! I don’t want to. Hear ***** from any of these players or coaches cause I honestly think you guys are figured out, defense is not that good and the OL is bottom 5 in the league.

1 minute ago, Process said:

We were missing 1 opening day starter today. The issue isn't health. The issue is Beanes attempt to build an o line has been a complete failure, and that we have one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. 

We're missing Knox who is not just a vital pass catcher but also a great blocker. We are missing two starters on the line and replaced them with guys who should be bagging groceries. 

• Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, ngbills said:

He did. There was a lot of scramble plays etc. and a few with lots of time in the pocket. But in general yes it was awful and our OC does not know what to do. 

But if you actually watch those scramble plays again, not one WR actually went deep. So maybe Daboll decided not to move the DBs at all. 

just a colossal failure all around. 

The brain trust over estimated the abilities of the offensive linemen.  I can actually see them losing to the Jets.  The blue prints is there.  Pressure Allen with the blitz.  This is second straight a team with a losing record held the offense in check.  

6 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

And that O-line, Jesus Christ Bean. U sure about that no moves on deadline day?

Here is the problem. Beane and McDermott don't want to mortgage the future to get players today. But, at some point, you have to go all in. At some point a proven quality starting o-lineman is worth more than a late round, first round pick. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

Thing is, you can't whine about the OL being bad as an excuse for Josh and then turn around and whine about the running backs. A bad OL is just as much of a problem for the running backs.

Yea Josh had a bad game where he was constantly under duress. 

He's not the long term concern.  

The RBs and oline are the concern.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

SB “contender”, MVP candidate, Top 3 team lost to the worst team in the NFL to a rookie QB!

FN embarrassing!!!!! I don’t want to. Hear ***** from any of these players or coaches cause I honestly think you guys are figured out, defense is not that good and the OL is bottom 5 in the league.

Offense had 3 turnovers and they held the other team to 9.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I am not going to blame this on the refs, but that was one of the most single incompetent crews that I have ever seen.

-Calling wrong numbers

-Missing obvious penalties while calling non existent ones

-Calling false start on Buffalo with half of the jags line in the neutral zone on 4th down but not calling it at least twice when the entire right side of the jags line jumped.

-Slowing down the game to a crawl by throwing flags every three plays and taking forever to call on some

Buffalo lost and this may be the worst effort in the last three years, but the NFL really needs to evaluate whether this officiating crew should be changed around before next week's games.

Edited by dgrochester55
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Process said:

We were missing 1 opening day starter today. The issue isn't health. The issue is Beanes attempt to build an o line has been a complete failure, and that we have one of the worst offensive coordinators in the league. 

I don’t completely buy this logic as you’re less likely to go out and get a guy when you have a prospect you think has a great shot at earning a starter role which we did…and he got hurt. That’s why we say two starters injured lol

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.