11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, CodeMonkey said:

I feel bad for all the Bills fans that took the time and money to travel to that ... whatever it was.

Exactly.  I had two more games planned this season and I’m going to save my money.  Between this and the Steelers game, they can go ***** themselves 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Brennan Huff said:

You can’t tell me he wasn’t missed today. They shouldn’t even allow Ford back on the plane. 

I’ll give you that. You have a fair point. But when it’s the fact that you’re missing dog crap because it’s better than dog crap ground into a rotting corpse, well…

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

A play no one is talking about is when Josh escaped pressure late on the last drive and heaved it to Davis who promptly dropped it. That was the game right there because he had at least 10 yards in front of him. 

The CBS crew should’ve made that point or at least showed a replay.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Governor said:

Notice how Josh was rolling to his right towards the end? That’s because he had absolutely no faith in Dawkins who’s been highly overrated by the fan base for years now. You don’t win SB’s with him at LT. 

Actually it's just easier for a right handed person to throw when running to their dominant side. 

6 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

I think we’ve learned how good a blocker he is at tight end. 

I can’t force myself to pretend the outcome of this game is any different with Knox. It wasn’t Sweeney missing blocks all day.

We literally just watched the offensive line take a huge dump and people are talking about missing Knox and not having a good RBs

It all comes down the o-line

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, SirAndrew said:

Diggs should always be a big part of the game plan, but we’re too busy toying around with trick plays and Josh Allen runs. I realize we go to Diggs a lot, but a guy like him should be forced into the game via short pass calls when he’s not being heard from enough. 

its really hard to see whats going on lately because it seems like the game casts are not showing whats going on down the field....most the time i cant tell whos open or covered because they show the line and then maybe where the ball went if it was thrown...but no shots hardly of downfield it seems like.  

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

A play no one is talking about is when Josh escaped pressure late on the last drive and heaved it to Davis who promptly dropped it. That was the game right there because he had at least 10 yards in front of him. 

And the broadcast just ignored it. No replay, and when they went to Lofton for his expert commentary he was talking about anything but what was actually happening on the football field with the Bills. 

1 minute ago, Weatherman said:

No, Im simply letting you know that you’re statement about the refs not losing the game for the Bills was completely wrong in and of itself.  

It's not wrong at all.

You can't just pin point plays and say it cost them points. You can do that in any nfl game and make that case for any team that loses. It doesn't work that way.

The bills played awful and dumb and deserved to lose. Sure the refs sucked. But they weren't the reason. Far from.

3 minutes ago, Heels20X6 said:

That and the Beasley drop in Jags territory were turning points in both halves. 

I was gonna post this, I think the Beasley drop was a dagger. Josh was obviously stressed and needing a pick up, looks to his safety blanket and Beasley let's him down bad. Josh got progressively worse after that play.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Stunning loss to state the obvious. I really didn't see this coming. This loss was clearly on the offense. The oline seems to be worst than I thought. Thus, Allen has no time to throw and the Bills can't run effectively. Daboll and the offense had no answers for the feeble Jags D. Allen was just terrible today. He was rattled, panicked, and made inexcusable turnovers. The wide receivers had some key drops as well. 

For a min, I thought the Jags D was  a buddy Ryan led Bears D. 

Trying not to overreact. How does this team make a legit super bowl run with such a porous oline? 

It was the old out-physical thing we've seen before, just not from teams this bad. McD's teams have a habit of being soft when the other teams comes out fired up and just starts roughing us up. 

We've done it to other teams ourselves from time to time but it happens to us more. That's why we need a guy like Brown back in there who plays like a bully. Too much finesse right now. That Jags D was frothing at the mouth

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsFan130 said:

They literally can't though.

What did they have like 10 rushes for 20 yards with their RBs?

I get it that they aren't successful.  What I'm saying is that you still have to do it so that you have better success throwing and possible pop that one run.  Especially if the defense is playing well and it's a close game.   The manner and infrequency with which we run the ball is only leading to problems throwing the ball later on.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

Actually it's just easier for a right handed person to throw when running to their dominant side. 

Yeah, it had nothing to do with Josh getting drilled in the back all day because our franchise LT has slower feet than my 93 year old grandmother.

26 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

1. Agree

2. No it's not

3. No more than the others

4. They had a good defensive plan an absolutely destroyed our O line.

5. Refs were terrible but not the sole reason.

First off, losing a game outright with the spread alone makes it one of the worst statistically improbable loses in Bills history.

Jax did nothing to deserve to win this game. Some scrappy defensive play, sure...but more drops, bad offensive calls, penalties, bad routes, lackadaisical  play by OL IMO. Then there were the refs.....who extended each and every Jax drive with several critical bad calls.  It was a terrible performance to lose too. Jax is going nowhere. The whole staff will be fired by this time next year, and we lost to these bums.

Edited by RichRiderBills

Just now, Maine-iac said:

I get it that they aren't successful.  What I'm saying is that you still have to do it so that you have better success throwing and possible pop that one run.  Especially if the defense is playing well and it's a close game.   The manner and infrequency with which we run the ball is only leading to problems throwing the ball later on.

I know what you're saying.

But they have proved time after time they can't do it.

Just now, Norcalbillsfan said:

I was gonna post this, I think the Beasley drop was a dagger. Josh was obviously stressed and needing a pick up, looks to his safety blanket and Beasley let's him down bad. Josh got progressively worse after that play.

The game turned on Gabe's drop on 2nd down. He catches it were in field goal territory and Josh doesn't fumble it on 3rd down etc etc.

• Agree 1

If I was McD the first person to joke around or fool around at practice this week gets lambasted in front of the team.  They have lost the right for any of that. Time to get back to business and focus on the tasks at hand.

They want it back they better go earn it on the field.

Edited by Big Turk

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Somewhere we’ve become obsessed with dumping the ball off to running backs. 

To be fair josh had no faith in anyone blocking for him today, I really think he just got tired of being hit time and time again today. Really there are only so many times you can get rocked and get up without saying I'm done.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That, plus Josh and the OL played as though they’d been up all night worrying about the Covid test in the am

Either that, or slamming Tequila shots while they couldn’t sleep

I mean someone said that when they do tests like that it's at 5A.M. though I don't know when they normally get up.

4 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I can’t force myself to pretend the outcome of this game is any different with Knox. It wasn’t Sweeney missing blocks all day.

We literally just watched the offensive line take a huge dump shed people are talking about missing Knox and not having a good running game. 

It all comes down the o-line

I think my point was that his blocking covered up a LOT of warts on that offensive line. With him out, its been absolutely terrible watching them get turnstiled 

8 minutes ago, Governor said:

Notice how Josh was rolling to his right towards the end? That’s because he had absolutely no faith in Dawkins who’s been highly overrated by the fan base for years now. You don’t win SB’s with him at LT. 

yeah I did see Josh leave the pocket very very early on that 4th down. He should have stayed in the pocket he would se Sanders WIDE OPEN 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.