11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

1 minute ago, BaaadThingsMan said:

To nobody in particular and everybody....Don't tell me about home field advantage or SuperBowl odds again this season. 

I'll know they are a SuperBowl team if I see them in the *****in game. 

If the O line plays like they did today here out, they might not even make the playoffs.

On the plus side- I’ll have more free space on my DVR when I delete this unwatchable hot mess of a game. 
The o-line is only average with its starters active. With reserves in starting roles and others out of position, this is a predictable disaster. 

16 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think this game is #1 on the o-line, which was terrible. #2 on Daboll for not realizing the o-line was terrible and making adjustments. Still had Allen standing back there all day on slowly developing downfield plays. Of course he got obliterated as a result.

Daboll is a moron, this happens a few times every season and he never learns. But it was McDermott who also was a fool today,  he won’t do anything about it. Just sickening. Watching other teams run is frustrating as we can’t even get a yard when needed. Allen was as bad today as he was in the three interception game against New England a few years ago.  
What a way to end a ***** week, had to bury my Father in law yesterday in Buffalo, flew back to Orlando last night, thank god I decided to throw my tickets away to this abortion of a game….

Edited by Meatloaf63
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We fielded the worst o-line in the league and it got in Allen's head. I don't know what we can do to fix it. Pretty depressing.

I think that's a good point, it was in joshs head. It's been awhile since I've seen josh get hit so many times by virtually untouched defenders. He was stressed all day, never comfortable 1 second, and he made serious mental mistakes. 

• Agree 1

Just now, BruceVilanch said:

One of the worst performances I've seen in the last 25

In every possible way. Players were brutal… maybe with the exception of the defense. 9 points isn’t the end of the world.  Would’ve liked to have seen more from our D line.

The offense was a disgrace, led by a Swiss cheese offensive line.  Allen tried to do too much.  We had no running game. Somehow our WR’s looked pedestrian. Daboll should be abused after this one… and McD not far behind. 

yes, the refs certainly hurt us… but you HAVE to still put up more than 6 points against one of the worst teams in the NFL!!!!  

They better find themselves this week… could be a very bad second half of the season if teams can continue to get to Josh at will. 

2 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Here is the problem. Beane and McDermott don't want to mortgage the future to get players today. But, at some point, you have to go all in. At some point a proven quality starting o-lineman is worth more than a late round, first round pick. 

They either think that this is the year to go all in, or they don’t. And so far, they’re looking like management didn’t think it was their year. Which is unfortunate because the AFC is wide open this year. 

Take a look at the Rams, their GM doesn’t give two flying figs about the future and is going all in because it’s a great year to do so. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Absolutely horrendous… The officiating will ALWAYS be bad. I mean, it’s Buffalo. They never get calls… ever. Gotta overcome the phantom Vegas cooking and incompetence, and we have a QB who can finally do that. But he can’t save us if he’s getting killed during every snap. I cannot see this team winning a Super Bowl, unless they work some “Atlanta Braves” type miracle in the second half of the season. No way we get past an all-pro front seven in the playoffs with this crap…. But Hell, the coaching will eventually sabotage us anyway. Unbelievable… 

We will be lucky to win the division. NE looks like they could hammer us easily. This team is SOFT. 

The O-line is a complete disaster and there’s nothing we can do to improve it this year. The lack of any running game besides Josh running for his life is going to hurt this team badly.

I honestly don’t think they are making the AFC Championship game. I hope we make the playoffs. This isn’t doom and gloom after one bad loss, it’s looking at the offense as a whole and I don’t think you can win without the threat of the run.

Cody Ford should never see the field again. Beane is to blame for the disaster of O-line and no attempt to bolster it at the trade deadline. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

Stunning loss to state the obvious. I really didn't see this coming. This loss was clearly on the offense. The oline seems to be worst than I thought. Thus, Allen has no time to throw and the Bills can't run effectively. Daboll and the offense had no answers for the feeble Jags D. Allen was just terrible today. He was rattled, panicked, and made inexcusable turnovers. The wide receivers had some key drops as well. 

For a min, I thought the Jags D was  a buddy Ryan led Bears D. 

Trying not to overreact. How does this team make a legit super bowl run with such a porous oline? 

Just now, Big Turk said:

Jags simply wanted this game more from the get go than the Bills did...they were aggressive and flying around hitting everything and we just kind of were like "ehh...whatever"

This. I think we’ve been reading our press clippings a bit too much. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.