11/7/21 Bills @ Jaguars Postgame Thread

Hapless Bills Fan

Just now, The Jokeman said:

The game turned on Gabe's drop on 2nd down. He catches it were in field goal territory and Josh doesn't fumble it on 3rd down etc etc.

Or on Beasley's drop of an easy wide open first down catch across mid field

28 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

No, there were only 3 seconds left. With that said, you at least send a guy running back to get the ball in hopes of a miracle.

7 secs. Ball bounced around and the clock ticked down. Guy back can catch it and at least give you one play. 

14 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Josh holds the ball to long bad things happen.  Hit your drop and throw the ball or go fall forward for whatever positive gain you can get without getting hit to bad.  Running backwards 10 yards and taking a sack or fumbling or throwing a pick is creeping back in like his rookie year.

Hard to do when most of the pressures are coming from 4 man rushes.... lots of defenders sitting in zones

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

yeah I did see Josh leave the pocket very very early on that 4th down. He should have stayed in the pocket he would se Sanders WIDE OPEN 

Again, I doubt it would have been enough considering the safety lurking about 3 feet behind Sanders.

10 minutes ago, Governor said:

Notice how Josh was rolling to his right towards the end? That’s because he had absolutely no faith in Dawkins who’s been highly overrated by the fan base for years now. You don’t win SB’s with him at LT. 

no, its because if you have a choice you dont roll out to your left if you are right handed...... He started escaping early because he had no faith in the Oline and rightfully so, he couldnt even step up in pocket

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Again, I doubt it would have been enough considering the safety lurking about 3 feet behind Sanders.

Ooo no not 3 feet. Allen doesn’t have Tuas arm. Are we back to having to be college open to have Allen throw the ball?

• Eyeroll 1

When the Bills offense plays this poorly it makes me wonder if Daboll is being paid by the Buffalo Bills...

and the NE Patriots.

I mean 6 points against the 28th ranked defense...far, far to much on the Bills QB shoulders.

Only 9 RB carries averaging 2.7 & 2.0 yards per carry.

Game plan and play calling stunk as bad as the refs calls. The Bills O line is horrid.

It makes me wonder if the Bills will even be in playoff contention this season. 

Gotta make some offensive changes 

14 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

Like I said he has regressed this year, he is missing throws, throwing bad on short passes,  and off target, missing long passes.  Not looking through his progressions. Was he really worth $250 million, you have to wonder.  Just because you can make a throw once a game that is on a rope for 40 yards, you have to do that the entire game, which he has not done much at all this year.

Well let’s get TT back or Trent Edwards, Allen is the only reason we’re 5-3 how about think what he could do with a running game and a good oline. Give me a break on Allen has regressed. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

To be fair josh had no faith in anyone blocking for him today, I really think he just got tired of being hit time and time again today. Really there are only so many times you can get rocked and get up without saying I'm done.

They have been doing it for weeks. It is designed and not fooling anyone. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Ooo no not 3 feet. Allen doesn’t have Tuas arm. Are we back to having to be college open to have Allen throw the ball?

Okay, throw it and watch Sanders get speared in half or the ball gets picked. Sounds good to me! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

The game turned on Gabe's drop on 2nd down. He catches it were in field goal territory and Josh doesn't fumble it on 3rd down etc etc.

Ya that hurt too, but Josh was already playing bad at that point. Davis should catch that kick a feild goal, take a breath of relief and win. The Beasley drop felt like the first domino, almost like after that play Josh thought he had to do it all himself and it turned into a dumpster fire.

The only good thing I can say about Daboll after this game is that it probably wouldn't matter if he called a good game because the O-Line was so atrociously bad. That being said, Daboll called probably the worst possible game I've ever seen.

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

You sir, are a complete and utter idiot. 

I welcome my ban. 

Why because I am a fan that can truly call it like I see it.  He has not been good this year.  You are a fool if you think that his last three games he has played, have been played with a quarterback that is making the proper decisions when they need to be made.  Josh is a just one of reasons for this this teams offensive fall off.  But I don't hold you responsible for your lack of football IQ.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If anyone refuses to put a huge chunk of blame on Josh Allen they are being disingenuous. 

At this point he has hit a ceiling and it’s up to him whether he’ll surpass it.  He cannot stop himself from the Hero Ball crap and that’s fine, he can be Jake Plumber and have a perfectly frisky NFL career.  At least it won’t be boring.  But it won’t bring MVP awards and championships either because he’d rather play with chaos than suffer through the boredom of playing within the structure.

He is at a crossroads.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If anyone refuses to put a huge chunk of blame on Josh Allen they are being disingenuous. 

The playbook on him is pretty well known. If you can rattle him, his decision-making starts becoming questionable.  I’m not worried about that because Brady is the same way. The difference though is any team that has had Brady has spent a fortune making sure he has a world class O-line to keep him clean. 

Beane decided that Josh could take his licks this season and did nothing consequential to fix it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Okay, throw it and watch Sanders get speared in half or the ball gets picked. Sounds good to me! 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Watch it live that ball should be thrown 

Sanders was wide open and Allen was rolling to that side. He chose the tougher pass to diggs. Was not his day. 

6 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

All this Super Bowl favorites crap can end now. 

Goodbye SB talk, MVP nonsense. There are no Dogs on this vanilla soft OL. RB's with no vision or ability to break tackles. We've officially run out of TE's until Knox returns. 4 wr drops today. Gabe's would've been a 1st. Josh played poorly but he can't be expected to cover these wars forever. Hey Brandon,  feel free to draft OL this spring. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That, plus Josh and the OL played as though they’d been up all night worrying about the Covid test in the am

Either that, or slamming Tequila shots while they couldn’t sleep

Just like I tell my kid all the time, if they had studied, they wouldn’t be worried about the test. Unprepared lease to bad grades.

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

At this point he has hit a ceiling and it’s up to him whether he’ll surpass it.  He cannot stop himself from the Hero Ball crap and that’s fine, he can be Jake Plumber and have a perfectly frisky NFL career.  At least it won’t be boring.  But it won’t bring MVP awards and championships either because he’d rather play with chaos than suffer through the boredom of playing within the structure.

He is at a crossroads.

He looks like 2 year ago josh. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, BillzFreak said:

To be fair josh had no faith in anyone blocking for him today, I really think he just got tired of being hit time and time again today. Really there are only so many times you can get rocked and get up without saying I'm done.

This has been my point with Josh since his rookie year when media made huge deals out of hero ball. I think Josh mentally is strong enough to put team on his back late in a close game. I actually think he can mentally handle it when he is having an off game. The "frantic" josh comes when NO ONE around him is making a play and he starts that "well I have to do it all." For someone with such a competitive nature its a lot easier said than done to not start the hero ball.

Josh had a bad game 100%. Oline failed him miserably, constantly dodging pressure up the middle. Huge WR drops on critical plays. 0 run game outside of well Allen. Pretty natural to start to force IMO

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He is at a crossroads.

This may be the worst comparison I have ever seen, well done.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.