Notable cuts around the league

Chandler#81

3 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

how is Nathan Peterman getting paid a million dollars? i felt bad for the guy whenever he got on the field but then realize he is getting paid for practicing football.

it happens...

harken back to the Bills 3rd string QB during the Super Bowl runs...he held a clipboard and pretty much nothing else, but is a historical note and or triva question:

Gale Reed Gilbert is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won. Wikipedia

burma-shave-1-stephen-stookey.thumb.jpg.e6de2a0d496b64c0640ce23b2900fd17.jpg.b271908dc50a3d5c7b80ff6d783a373c.jpg.f4f172093e19ccdfaa09b42128946d50.jpg

How is he still relevant?

A quarterback’s white elephant

It’s enough to give you fatigue

TSW decorum

would just say ignore him

But, good God, how is he still in the league???

Peterman

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nate seems sincere in his beliefs.  Most of these TV evangelists and their spawn are another matter.

I here ya, Nate might actually walk the walk...

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

At this point it’s pretty safe to assume that Nate Pete has more incriminating intel than Ghislaine Maxwell.

I dont understand this Nate Peterman hate. He throws very catchable balls. The only problem is he is color blind - he cant distinguish between teams' jerseys.

• Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Well it's getting close to 4 pm NY time.  Let the games begin!

OK, but the date is 4:00 Saturday for cuts.

Admittedly surprised haven't heard anything yet as seemed like last year some cuts were made on Friday.

Must be still reviewing the tapes from the 4th pre-season game?

Just now, No_Matter_What said:

But deadline is not today but tomorrow 4pm afaik.

True, but all the cuts between the 4 PM times get thrown in the same days waiver wire claim period.

It's the flood of players all in one day that help teams get players thru to their practice squads.

3 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

it happens...

harken back to the Bills 3rd string QB during the Super Bowl runs...he held a clipboard and pretty much nothing else, but is a historical note and or triva question:

Gale Reed Gilbert is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won. Wikipedia

He also had somewhat of a checked past

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I never understood the buzz around Butler. Slow and poor separation skills. There have been a lot of "big catch radius" guys recently that busted.

He’s got some talent. Seems he didn’t really get much of a chance with the cards. I’d like to get him on the practice squad if possible, but I’d expect someone will grab him for their active roster to see if he was just overlooked there 

40 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I never understood the buzz around Butler. Slow and poor separation skills. There have been a lot of "big catch radius" guys recently that busted.

I just remember how many people on this board had their panties in a bunch, when we passed on Hakeem Butler...

Well... you may now, safely un-bunch your panties, folks... Butler is a bust, and Beane was right.

Edited by ROCBillsBeliever

9 minutes ago, ROCBillsBeliever said:

I just remember how many people on this board had their panties in a bunch, when we passed on Hakeem Butler...

Well... you may now, safely un-bunch your panties, folks... Butler is a bust, and Beane was right.

While I’m not crowning him to the hall of fame it’s a little crazy to call him a bust after being a 4th round draft pick, even funnier to call him a bust after one year on IR and then being released on a pretty stacked receiving group. You might be a little fast on your judgements stating them as some form of fact. His career is not exactly over 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

That’s been my point for years. Who is more deserving of $1M Davis Webb or Nate Pete? Next time someone feels bad for him remember he is getting that check while more deserving players aren’t. 

I loss track of the posters as I read the comments, but this one read like one of your posts and sure enough it was. 

You sound borderline distraught over Peterman's ability to hang on to a roster spot; I think that bet has really taken its toll on you.

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Not slow 4.48 at the combine  Limited route tree and said to be a sloppy catcher is fair. But he hasn't played yet in the NFL. Why the cards selected him with Fitz, Kirk and Isabella I don't know. Once they took Hopkins Butler didn't have a chance.

Butler is a player that you pick up going into week one so you can see if he's been overlooked and you get him for peanuts, otherwise Adonis Alexander is a BIG corner, and he's probably limited to FS/SS but the Cover 2 scheme may actually be a benefit to him

8 hours ago, ganesh said:

He had two big runs against us last year...It showed that either he had the legs or our Run defense was weak.

Both

10 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

how is Nathan Peterman getting paid a million dollars? i felt bad for the guy whenever he got on the field but then realize he is getting paid for practicing football.

Imagine being a talented black QB without a job and Peterman who statisticlaly is the worst QB of all time gets $1M

12 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Adrian Peterson released from Washington. Just announced on NFLN

Mentioned it in yolos bills cut thread.

if starting mega threads can the OP update news at the top? Otherwise it’s actually harder to find info diving through 10 pages instead of individual topics 

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

I loss track of the posters as I read the comments, but this one read like one of your posts and sure enough it was. 

You sound borderline distraught over Peterman's ability to hang on to a roster spot; I think that bet has really taken its toll on you.

You’re popping champagne for this scrub making 46.9% of what he was supposed to make?!? Lol, he is, and was, the worst player to ever put on a Bills uniform. You thought he was good!! You were wrong. 

I will bet ANY amount of money that if Carr and Mariota go out for a period of time Peterman will not start the next game. The Raiders are paying him to be there, not to play. That’s asinine as more qualified people are without jobs. Who is more deserving of $1M Blake Bortles or Nate Pete? That’s been my point. The guy should be arrested for theft.

Gruden is such an ego-maniac that he wants to be right on his analysis of Peterman leading up to the draft. He’s a moron and was CLEARLY wrong. @GunnerBill was right when he talked about what a terrible talent NP was. He’s statistically the worst QB ever. Peterman isn’t stealing and has been since the day his name was called while more deserving players are sitting home without that NFL check.

At the end of the day one of us thought Nate Peterman was a viable option to start NFL games. One of us thought that was insane. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson

8 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nate seems sincere in his beliefs.  Most of these TV evangelists and their spawn are another matter.

I’m sure you’re right, but I’d like to hear what the pool boy has to say about it.