Notable cuts around the league

Chandler#81

35 minutes ago, 16-0 said:

He was yesterday’s trash years ago.  

always thought that he was a terrible rb considering his skill set. I was hoping he’d stick and ruin them

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I will need to see him play more than 50 snaps to feel comfortable about that, but he seems to be squarely behind Marlowe as the S3 right now.

What we can say, however, is that he’s a solid wrap-up tackler with some speed.

He has some ball skills too. I believe that he was one of the guys responsible for the birth of the turnover chain. He feels like a pretty high ceiling player to me but will have a tough time cracking this defense. It’s pretty complex for the safeties. The Bills are blessed with a couple of guys that can handle it.

3 hours ago, Magox said:

Bandit, I’m a big believer in Jaquan, always have been.  I am a Tarheel ACC fan who lives in south Florida. I have seen him play for years and he has always been a baller.  He’s not only a good tackler but he’s a playmaker that consistently throughout his collegiate career made key plays.   

The only reason why he didn’t get drafted higher was because of his measurable going into the draft.  Beane and company I believe hit pay dirt with Jaquan.   The coaches gush about him and in the limited opportunity he had he played like a star.

I believe he will eventually be a starter on this team.

As a Hurricanes fan you hit the nail on the head with JJ, his physical attributes don't jump off the book at you but his instincts and the ability to be around the ball 24/7 should be obvious. He was also the leader of the Miami defense while he was there.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Magox said:

Bandit, I’m a big believer in Jaquan, always have been.  I am a Tarheel ACC fan who lives in south Florida. I have seen him play for years and he has always been a baller.  He’s not only a good tackler but he’s a playmaker that consistently throughout his collegiate career made key plays.   

The only reason why he didn’t get drafted higher was because of his measurable going into the draft.  Beane and company I believe hit pay dirt with Jaquan.   The coaches gush about him and in the limited opportunity he had he played like a star.

I believe he will eventually be a starter on this team.

The Bills LOVE this guy. In a couple of years he is your Micah Hyde replacement. 

9 minutes ago, eball said:

The Bills LOVE this guy. In a couple of years he is your Micah Hyde replacement. 

I have very little doubt that he will be end up a starter at some point.  The team will have to find a way to get him on to the field more often. 

24 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Raiders traded Lynn Bowden to the dolphins.. 

Weird move 

24 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Waste of a draft pick.

Agreed - 3rd round pick - traded with a 6th for a 4th that was the Raiders fourth the week before.

Just a weird series and not sure how he fits with Miami.

22 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Kelly needs to go the XFL route if he wants to continue as a pro player. He needs game film and experience. I can’t say that he definitively is or isn’t worthy of a place on an NFL roster, but I can say that he had skills that kept him in the league despite sizeable transgressions.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Both are true. They screwed it up. But once they had there is no point keeping a guy just for the sake of having a kicker if there is no difference between that guy and a guy off the street. 

8 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Someone will vacuum Kelly up.

Some will hire Kelly to do the vacuuming..... that is more likely. 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Kelly needs to go the XFL route if he wants to continue as a pro player. He needs game film and experience. I can’t say that he definitively is or isn’t worthy of a place on an NFL roster, but I can say that he had skills that kept him in the league despite sizeable transgressions.

better prospects have been gone quicker without second thought 

I know it's not a popular opinion but I think you can over-emphasise keeping guys for STs.  STs are becoming less and less a part of the game - and Bass is supposed to be able to kick the ball out of the EZ every kickoff.  I get you have to be able to cover kicks - but I think that can be covered by good coaching even more than having "a great gunner"

7 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I know it's not a popular opinion but I think you can over-emphasise keeping guys for STs.  STs are becoming less and less a part of the game - and Bass is supposed to be able to kick the ball out of the EZ every kickoff.  I get you have to be able to cover kicks - but I think that can be covered by good coaching even more than having "a great gunner"

How are STs "less and less a part of the game?" Did they add another down while I wasn't paying attention? Is field position no longer an issue? Do field goals count for fewer points? Teams ignore STs at their own peril.

• Like (+1) 1

Gotta hand it to Belichick. He moves forward from his mistakes. That's what makes him a genius. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

2 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Someone will vacuum Kelly up.

The Rock.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As someone who has never lived in Buffalo, would his political beliefs be welcomed sufficiently in Buffalo? I know that the Bills were never going to be a destination  for Kaepernick, but in this day and age, can a liberal and outspoken quarterback win over fans in the city? I am actually a proponent of him as a back-up, but stirring the pot might be the wrong move.

Buffalo is like most places: a mixture of viewpoints.  He’d be fine.  He’d take heat if he didn’t play well or win games, same as any other QB.

37 minutes ago, purple haze said:

Buffalo is like most places: a mixture of viewpoints.  He’d be fine.  He’d take heat if he didn’t play well or win games, same as any other QB.

honestly, a strong disagree here. Most football crowds are going to have some challenge with him but I think bills fans would be among the harder to win over. Which is silly, but such is life.

at this point, with his development so broken after years out of the league, he doesn’t make much sense anyway though.

• Like (+1) 1