Notable cuts around the league

Chandler#81

51 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

I do know that id rather have Josh Rosen than Jake fromm on the PS.

As someone who has never lived in Buffalo, would his political beliefs be welcomed sufficiently in Buffalo? I know that the Bills were never going to be a destination  for Kaepernick, but in this day and age, can a liberal and outspoken quarterback win over fans in the city? I am actually a proponent of him as a back-up, but stirring the pot might be the wrong move.

Edited by MiltonWaddams

Hakeem Butler got cut, which reminded me that people here wanted him years ago, which then reminded me that it's so awesome that we're now at a point with our receiving group that nobody cares. 3 years ago there would be multiple threads if anybody like Hakeem Butler was available.

I also realize that I'm now that guy bringing up Hakeem Butler, but whatever. It's so awesome that WR is a strength now after years of playing which 4th string wide receiver could we pick up and make a star.

Edited by Nelius

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Hakeem Butler got cut, which reminded me that people here wanted him years ago, which then reminded me that it's so awesome that we're now at a point with our receiving group that nobody cares. 3 years ago there would be multiple threads if anybody like Hakeem Butler was available.

I also realize that I'm now that guy bringing up Hakeem Butler, but whatever. It's so awesome that WR is a strength now after years of playing which 4th string wide receiver could we pick up and make a star.

Amazing what a compitent front office can do. McBeane are the real deal. And real guys. Perfect fit. Near perfect at their jobs. Its only going to get better IMO

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Nelius said:

He was just drafted last year (4th round) but it was a numbers game.  When a team has Hopkins, Kirk, Fitzgerald, and Isabella, tough to crack that lineup. I don’t know if he’s any good or not so we’ll see if another team picks him up.

9 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

I can only sit here and imagine him having the game of his life against us.  

Previous seasons, maybe...but not THESE Bills.  We have the most complete team we've had since the 90's....no chance in hell Peterman has a good game against us.  I envision a stat line like: 4-17 for 22 yards, 0 TDs, 3 INTs, after being pulled midway through the 2nd quarter...

Edited by smuvtalker

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

If Beane made identical choices except Josh vs. Josh, where would he be now?

I hated Josh Rosen in the draft.

I really did. I'm surprised he did not give up yet for tennis.

But now I see the competitor in him is very, very angry. We have the process, will he take to it as a backup?

Josh Rosen does not want to fail.This is the time to get Josh Rosen IMO.

Edited by RocCityRoller

1 minute ago, ColeB said:

He was just drafted last year (4th round) but it was a numbers game.  When a team has Hopkins, Kirk, Fitzgerald, and Isabella, tough to crack that lineup. I don’t know if he’s any good or not so we’ll see if another team picks him up.

yes you're right, honestly felt like he was drafted a couple of years ago. Andy Isabella is amazing, great to see him sticking around

but still, would take our WR group over even that stack that includes two legends. nice.

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Man, he rivals Ryan Leaf for how quick his QB career bottomed out.  From top QB in the country in his high school class to Chosen Rosen at UCLA, 10th pick in the 2018 draft, traded to Miami for a 2nd round pick and now released.

5 minutes ago, ColeB said:

Man, he rivals Ryan Leaf for how quick his QB career bottomed out.  From top QB in the country in his high school class to Chosen Rosen at UCLA, 10th pick in the 2018 draft, traded to Miami for a 2nd round pick and now released.

Movie in the making. Is Rosen really that bad/limited? I feel like the giant attitude warning coming out of college has to still play a part, and maybe he really is that much of a turd in the locker room. It's reason enough in my opinion

Such a mighty fall for Rosen. Going from a top 10 pick to released in his third season. And he hasn't even played that much.

I kind of want to see him go to an NFC team and actually do well, just to show teams that they should be more patient and let guys develop and play before moving on.

But maybe his personality and narcism has been too much to handle.

21 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

It's 2020.  You expected 🔼 something different?

At least with Nate, it won't go for hookers and blow.

Thats why they took more than 1/2 his money away......he was tempted ;)

20 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

I don't get why people here still feel they have to kick around NP... He came he tried he failed. Let it go.

But he was so bad it was almost comical.......not so much if your a Bills fan ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, First Round Bust said:

it happens...

harken back to the Bills 3rd string QB during the Super Bowl runs...he held a clipboard and pretty much nothing else, but is a historical note and or triva question:

Gale Reed Gilbert is a former American football quarterback who played eight seasons in the NFL for the Seattle Seahawks, Buffalo Bills, and the San Diego Chargers. Gilbert is the only player in NFL history to be on five consecutive Super Bowl teams, none of which won. Wikipedia

Obviously thats the hidden reason why the Bills failed to win 3x SB

Just like Buffalo Billy is at fault for the playoff drought ;)

Gilbert was terrible at his job and proved it by helping to lose 2 more ;)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Jaquan Johnson is a stud, fans just don’t know yet.

I will need to see him play more than 50 snaps to feel comfortable about that, but he seems to be squarely behind Marlowe as the S3 right now.

What we can say, however, is that he’s a solid wrap-up tackler with some speed.

9 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

As someone who has never lived in Buffalo, would his political beliefs be welcomed sufficiently in Buffalo? I know that the Bills were never going to be a destination  for Kaepernick, but in this day and age, can a liberal and outspoken quarterback win over fans in the city? I am actually a proponent of him as a back-up, but stirring the pot might be the wrong move.

Depends. If he was great no one would care. If he sucked he'd be run out of town. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

I will need to see him play more than 50 snaps to feel comfortable about that, but he seems to be squarely behind Marlowe as the S3 right now.

What we can say, however, is that he’s a solid wrap-up tackler with some speed.

Bandit, I’m a big believer in Jaquan, always have been.  I am a Tarheel ACC fan who lives in south Florida. I have seen him play for years and he has always been a baller.  He’s not only a good tackler but he’s a playmaker that consistently throughout his collegiate career made key plays.   

The only reason why he didn’t get drafted higher was because of his measurable going into the draft.  Beane and company I believe hit pay dirt with Jaquan.   The coaches gush about him and in the limited opportunity he had he played like a star.

I believe he will eventually be a starter on this team.

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

Bandit, I’m a big believer in Jaquan, always have been.  I am a Tarheel ACC fan who lives in south Florida. I have seen him play for years and he has always been a baller.  He’s not only a good tackler but he’s a playmaker that consistently throughout his collegiate career made key plays.   

The only reason why he didn’t get drafted higher was because of his measurable going into the draft.  Beane and company I believe hit pay dirt with Jaquan.   The coaches gush about him and in the limited opportunity he had he played like a star.

I believe he will eventually be a starter on this team.

I had him graded as a R4 guy IIRC, and I thought he looked like he belonged on the field in week 17, but I do think “played like a star” is overstating—which is understandable from someone that followed his entire career.

He’s likely going to get snaps at some point this season, so here’s hoping he shows his mettle.

11 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

I had him graded as a R4 guy IIRC, and I thought he looked like he belonged on the field in week 17, but I do think “played like a star” is overstating—which is understandable from someone that followed his entire career.

He’s likely going to get snaps at some point this season, so here’s hoping he shows his mettle.

Parrino was really excited about the way Johnson looked in camp and seemed to suggest he's ahead of Marlowe (without saying it, of course). Called it "almost a shame" there's no starting spot for him but "he's there if you need him."

1 minute ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Parrino was really excited about the way Johnson looked in camp and seemed to suggest he's ahead of Marlowe (without saying it, of course). Called it "almost a shame" there's no starting spot for him but "he's there if you need him."

That’s a beautiful thing. My take on Marlowe getting more snaps that JJ is that Marlowe played the slot position a lot in 2019 when teams went to 12 personnel. They seem to like him as a chess piece against move/flex TEs.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

That’s a beautiful thing. My take on Marlowe getting more snaps that JJ is that Marlowe played the slot position a lot in 2019 when teams went to 12 personnel. They seem to like him as a chess piece against move/flex TEs.

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Is that different from how they deploy Neal in the slot, or do they share the position in similar situations?

3 minutes ago, 2020 Our Year For Sure said:

Is that different from how they deploy Neal in the slot, or do they share the position in similar situations?

Yes and no. They split the slot duties primarily among 3 players in 2019.

- Taron played against 11 and smaller groupings.

- Neal played against 20/21 groupings and replaced Taron when he was out

- Marlowe played against 12/22 groupings almost exclusively 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

27 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Think I had round 4/5 too. I remember he was the 3rd BPA left on my board when the Bills took him. 

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Yes and no. They split the slot duties primarily among 3 players in 2019.

- Taron played against 11 and smaller groupings.

- Neal played against 20/21 groupings and replaced Taron when he was out

- Marlowe played against 12/22 groupings almost exclusively 

That makes sense, they like Neal in the box against run sets almost like an LB. Thanks!

• Like (+1) 1