9/15 - Bills at Giants - 1st Half thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, BernieBill said:

Awesome two-minute drive there Bills ... 17 seconds off the clock, zero first downs ... then a 60 yard punt return ... 

Oh but we got it back!  Hey offense, how bout at least take the clock to zero without the Giants touching it again?

Wow dude! You act like the Giants are beating us 21-7

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

what a bad sequence starting with the cutesy qb draw

I won’t hate on Dabol for one bad play call. Plus we had 2 TOs and Josh has been know to run for 3-5 yards right up the middle. No, I don’t love the play call but I’m not ready to call for Dabol’s head after one questionable call. 

Just now, Thrivefourfive said:

A knee with 47 seconds and two timeouts. Jesus. I hate that.

After the hit Josh just took and the tempers flaring it's a good smart move. Let the players settle and calm down a little bit and take a two TD lead while getting the ball back

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, familykwi said:

Intentional grounding?  He was outside the pocket for sure.  Not to mention, intentional grounding is a live ball penalty and the activity after is dead ball.  If the refs were right, they should have penalized both.

It was because the ball didn't get past the line of scrimmage. It was the right call. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

He’s getting beat in pass protection and causing penalties. 

Unrelated to the discussion though.

That defender was totally f-ing with Allen with the head swipe and the taunt.  Ford basically said "F YOU and don't do that crap again!" and I would want any OL in that position to do exactly the same thing, 10 out of 10 times.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fixxxer said:

why take a knee? I don't like that

They get the ball 1st in the second half and they nearly turned nearly 2 minutes and 3 timeouts into a motivation swing for the Giants.  You just intercepted momentum back, so go in with that and don't risk forcing another momentum swing.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

Wow! HUGE play there. Great play by Oliver and Murphy!

Momentum shifter right there! I don’t blame them for taking a knee and collecting themselves, especially since we start with the ball in the 3rd. 

I get the wanting to collect yourself, but that’s two drives (one by terrible play calling and one by kneeling) that could’ve resulted in points. 7-10 points potentially (may have bled the clock on a drive before last possession) that could’ve put the game out of reach. That’s old Bills mentality there. Far tooo safe. 

Just now, Nextmanup said:

Unrelated to the discussion though.

That defender was totally f-ing with Allen with the head swipe and the taunt.  Ford basically said "F YOU and don't do that crap again!" and I would want any OL in that position to do exactly the same thing, 10 out of 10 times.

So true. Not mad at Ford at all