RIP board member TheMadCap

Mr Info

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remembered this evening he posted about this a while back. Let us heed his words.

Take it from me, it sucks.

Diagnosed with ALL, a type of leukemia causing massive lymphomas in March this year. Spent 37 days in the hospital getting chemo and dropped from 155 to about 105 pounds. It literally almost killed me.

Next week I go in for another four day treatment which is the halfway point of my kill phase. We are hopeful we can get it in remission. I'm lucky to have great support from family and friends or I would have been done for.

I'm doing and feeling much better, things seems to be moving in the direction of goodness, if that makes sense.

Cancer is strong on both sides of my family: my maternal grandmother died of lung cancer, my father has renal cell carcinoma (surgery this month for the second time), and two of my brothers have had Colon cancer. Sadly, one did not find out until it was stage four, but he made it three years and died last February. He was 55. But he saved my other brothers life, because we all went and got tested.

I implore everyone to listen to their bodies and don't ignore symptoms. Go get your checkups guys. It's a literal pain in the ass, but it could save you or a family member...

Edited by jboyst62

RIP. Looked to be too young a guy to fall victim to this but cancer get people of all ages. In the last two months one of my best friends and yesterday my BIL all diagnosed with cancer. It's all scary. MadCap posted in this thread always get your check-ups. For sure. Lastly, be sure to live your life today, don't put it off

Rick's obit http://www.richmond.com/obituaries/article_51da596f-241c-5d14-9ae6-223de76cacf3.html

SCHIBETTA, Richard Carmen, August 10, 1972 to June 28, 2015. After a courageous battle with cancer, Rick passed away peacefully on Sunday, June 28, 2015. Rick was 42. Husband, father, son and brother, he is survived by his beloved wife, Brenda; and his two precious sons, Zachary and Owen of Richmond, Va. Also surviving are his father and mother, Charles J. and Sylvia of Fredonia, N.Y.; siblings, William and Debra and family of Baytown, Texas; Charles R. and Robin and family of Tecumseh, Mo.; Michael of Scottsdale, Ariz.; Thomas of Fredonia, N.Y.; John and Alicia and family of Fredonia, N.Y.; and sister, Gina and John Kaczmarek of Ballston Spa, N.Y. As well as his father and mother-in-law, Curtis and Chiyono Shaw of Franklinville, N.J.; sister-in- law, Diana and Scott Kelly and family of Glassboro, N.J.; and brother-in-law, Steven Shaw of Greenville, N.C. Also, his cousin, Michael and Betty Ray of Orchard Park, N.Y.; and John Ray and family of Scottsdale, Ariz., who were raised with the family. Rick had many nieces and nephews. Rick loved to play guitar and spend time with his family. He was employed at Altria in Richmond. The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2015, at the West Chapel of Bennett Funeral Home, 11020 W. Broad St., where services will begin in the Bennett Chapel at 7 p.m. In lieu of flowers, can be made to the Rick Schibetta Memorial Fund at any Wells Fargo Bank.

Rick's obit http://www.richmond.com/obituaries/article_51da596f-241c-5d14-9ae6-223de76cacf3.html

SCHIBETTA, Richard Carmen, August 10, 1972 to June 28, 2015. After a courageous battle with cancer, Rick passed away peacefully on Sunday, June 28, 2015. Rick was 42. Husband, father, son and brother, he is survived by his beloved wife, Brenda; and his two precious sons, Zachary and Owen of Richmond, Va. Also surviving are his father and mother, Charles J. and Sylvia of Fredonia, N.Y.; siblings, William and Debra and family of Baytown, Texas; Charles R. and Robin and family of Tecumseh, Mo.; Michael of Scottsdale, Ariz.; Thomas of Fredonia, N.Y.; John and Alicia and family of Fredonia, N.Y.; and sister, Gina and John Kaczmarek of Ballston Spa, N.Y. As well as his father and mother-in-law, Curtis and Chiyono Shaw of Franklinville, N.J.; sister-in- law, Diana and Scott Kelly and family of Glassboro, N.J.; and brother-in-law, Steven Shaw of Greenville, N.C. Also, his cousin, Michael and Betty Ray of Orchard Park, N.Y.; and John Ray and family of Scottsdale, Ariz., who were raised with the family. Rick had many nieces and nephews. Rick loved to play guitar and spend time with his family. He was employed at Altria in Richmond. The family will receive friends from 2 to 4 and 6 to 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 2, 2015, at the West Chapel of Bennett Funeral Home, 11020 W. Broad St., where services will begin in the Bennett Chapel at 7 p.m. In lieu of flowers, can be made to the Rick Schibetta Memorial Fund at any Wells Fargo Bank.

I gotta say, I can't help thinking of his avatar and replacing "cancer" with "Captain Kirk" when I read this.

I hope he appreciates that humor, wherever he is.