RIP board member TheMadCap

Mr Info

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went to see Rick at VCU Med Ctr today and was unable to see him as he was sedated. However, his wife, Brenda, and his family from Buffalo and elswhere in the US were outside in the Critical Care visiting room. Just before my arrival, Brenda received a call from MD Anderson Cancer Center that they will arrange with VCU for air transport for Rick as long as the ventilator is removed and kindey issues resolved. They (MD Anderson and VCU) believe the ventilator is necessary due to increased fluid in lungs and they have drained it and are using a diuretic to address this. They believe the kidney issues are related to a contrast dye that was used and will be using dialysis to help them recover. They have already started showing signs of recovery. I was expecting a far different scenario than what I encountered but it was great to see. Keep the good thoughts coming.

Btw - article in the BN on Friday, June 12 about OmniSeq at Roswell. Very interesting and might be benefical for anyone with lung cancer tumor though it may be applicable to other cancers as well.

http://www.buffalonews.com/city-region/medical/roswell-park-looks-to-spinoff-company-to-help-revolutionize-cancer-care-20150612

Edited by Mr Info

WOW, this thread is pinned and yet I am just visiting it. Props to Mr Info & Plenz for representing the TBD crowd, glad the Richmond contingency has been able to visit him, bring him a legend lager, that would lift his spirits. Keeping MadCap in my thoughts. Keep the updates coming!

Emailed with Rick's wife yesterday. Rick is still on the ventilater as his blood pressure and heart rate have been very erratic. Does not appear that MD Anderson is an option at this point. They need some good news at this point...I am not a religious sort but if you are please say a an extra prayer or send positive thoughts for this family.

Hope to see them this afternoon.

Rick's wife Brenda just called me a few minutes ago and Rick just passed.

Here's to a great guy!!! It was a privilege to know him.

His wife & their two young boys will appreciate anyone's help more than ever. I will post info on services when I find out.

RIP

Rick's wife Brenda just called me a few minutes ago and Rick just passed.

Here's to a great guy!!! It was a privilege to know him.

His wife & their two young boys will appreciate anyone's help more than ever. I will post info on services when I find out.

You can change the thread title by going to the original post, looking below it where it says edit and use full editor to change the subject title. I understand if you do not have the energy nor desire to do so.

I sent a note to mods to change the title.