The only thing missing from yesterday's roller-coaster ride of an instant classic win was TSW's resident recapper and his musings on the game. Until we hear from @Virgil here are some speculations about why he went MIA after Josh's game-winning heroics yesterday afternoon.
1) His head exploded. Literally exploded during the second half collapse and ultimate game-winning drive. I know mine almost did.
2) At 28-3, he figured the game was in the bag and began the shots of Jameson early. He's still at some roadside shanty singing, "Show Me the Way to Go Home." with a bunch of Bills' good time buddies.
3) When Smoke Brown left the game in the 3rd quarter he became so concerned, he collected a Shaman, Voodoo Doctor and Wiccan Witch into his Nissan Cube and headed to Bills Stadium to offer aid and assistance in Brown's speedy recovery.
4) He had the Bills, laying the points and headed out to his bookie's house to collect early when the Bills pushed the lead to 25 points. The bookie told him, "No payouts 'til the final whistle." Virgil couldn't believe it when the Bills won by 3 and the game was a push. He had already used the winnings as a down payment for an inground swimming pool.
5) Oh, where have you been, my blue-eyed son?Oh, where have you been, my darling young one?I've stumbled on the side of twelve misty mountains,I've walked and I've crawled on six crooked highways,I've stepped in the middle of seven sad forests,I've been out in front of a dozen dead oceans,I've been ten thousand miles in the mouth of a graveyard,And it's a hard, and it's a hard, it's a hard, and it's a hard,And it's a hard rain's a-gonna fall.
6) After the first TD he had the "Lee Smith on a milk carton" tattoo on his arm reworked into a dreamy likeness of Kim Pegula.
7) He's been busy firing off a "How do you like our trash now?" missive to Jalen Ramsey.
8 He just can't find the proper superlatives to accurately describe an offense not seen in these parts since 12+83=TD was everyone's favorite equation. Calling Mr. Bartlett, calling Mr Roget, your assistance is greatly needed.
9) He's been on hold with the Colin Cowherd Show since the end of the game. His wife told him to, "let it go," but Virgil says that he has a piece to speak and won't rest until it's been spoken.
10) I can't even bear to type this last one, but we must consider the possibility that he's gone over to the dark side and has spent the past 18 hours on the Tampa Bay Bucs board extolling the virtues of the ageless, blood-sucking vampire known to the free world as one Tom Brady. Say it ain't so, Virgil.
Looking forward to your thoughts on the game, buddy. Sooner the better.